• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jan 30th: All Cities Going Offline at 1-ish pm PST

R

ryotgrrl13

how about some free locks so i can even use this. all mine are done. and the decay bugs me.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

We are getting very close I will know in minutes.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

YESSS

another real update

R

ryotgrrl13

wooohoooo. Danny shall we take a shot? or wait n see if we get in first?

I

imported_Danny Dots

im already drunk, lol. but lets take some shots!

&lt;surprised at the no typos and being drunk.&gt;

I

imported_Danny Dots

vodka and coke is the way to go. shorts are for being crazy!

I

imported_Danny Dots

im in a crazy mood tonight so i might move on to shots, lol. its 12:08 AM and I wanna play tso all night! but i have class at 8:15 AM, lol. stupid college.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

LOL no classes for me!! WOOT WOOOT

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck, i have classes everyday but sat and sun

plus i have a job as well, so i'm always busy in rl.

R

ryotgrrl13

all i have is physical therapy at 9 am. then i can come home n sleep again. they dont care if i'm awake. lol.

T

Trish Stratus

LMAO you're too funny. Nah, I am too old to still be taking classes. got out of college about 3 years ago!

I

imported_LFancey

We have good news and bad news.

Good news TC3 and EALand are open and we are able to retain most of the changes posted on the blog.

Bad news see blog.

Lee

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Good news TC3 and EALand are open and we are able to retain most of the changes posted on the blog.

Bad news see blog.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

idc about the bad news im just happy i can go play!

G

More locks would be cool, but I think we should have some decay. Just like in RL, if you dont use it every day you start losing it eh.....

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Bad news see blog.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime i try to log into ea land it says there is an update and i click to update and it never updates

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Bad news see blog.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime i try to log into ea land it says there is an update and i click to update and it never updates

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise. I am unable to get into EAL. I'm stuck in a loop, in which it asks me to update, yet it doesn't prompt me to update when it auto-restarts.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Bad news see blog.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise. I am unable to get into EAL. I'm stuck in a loop, in which it asks me to update, yet it doesn't prompt me to update when it auto-restarts.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh this is more annoying than waiting, lol

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Bad news see blog.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wonderful
Maybe now we can wait another 10 hours!

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I need to go to bed now its already 11:30 here and I need to get up at 5 for school. I was hoping to play but they are a tad bit slow. The city went down right before I got home so I didnt get to play at all today

R

ryotgrrl13

noooooooooooo i'm going back to bf. this is crap. crap i tell ya! lol

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

TTL

I managed to get into TC3-Test, and the lag/performance is the worst I've ever experienced in all 5 years of TSO, including when I was running on dial-up. Everything's loading slowly, it's sluggish, etc. Hopefully we're not going to be running into an extreme lag issue every time we have a new patch.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Bad news see blog

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

aw i wanted the skinning, im sad it did not make it into the game

I'm even sadder that i cant update.

G

Thanks for getting the cities up, dev team! Now go home and get some rest.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Try again.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

updating now

R

ryotgrrl13

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Try again.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

updating now

[/ QUOTE ]

me too....waits....waits....waits....

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

Try again.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried again; re-patched 3 times, and it finally let me in TC3-test once more. It was still just as sluggish. Also, now when you are in a city and zoom out to far view, the screen turns black. The graphics on TC3-test are a huge mess, in my opinion. I'm not sure if the (lack of) chat bubbles were changed, but the arrows to properties and neighborhood names are a downgrade IMO.

I'll see if I am able to get into EAL.

ETA: When logging in under windows mode, the client launches in full screen mode.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For every minute you are sitting at your computer refreshing, is another minute they are working late trying to finish up
It will be worth the wait (I hope).

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish more people had this attitude. I'm back now to see what the status is and 112 replies were added since last time I checked.....alot were just the BS banter of TSO addicts, but others were angry not to get in the game....and all I'm thinking is "poor Lee". Guys, the man does have a life outside EA and it's 9:30 PM on the west coast, meaning he's working major overtime hours and I've seen no signs that they are tossing in the towel for the night, which they have every right to do after this long of working at it. No, they haven't said *what* the problem is, but chances are even if they did it'd be in such techonese that it would be followed by 10-15 "huh???"s and "say what, speak English plz"s, so I can understand simply saying "nope, not up yet" because that's that much longer that he can turn his attention back to fixing whatever the hell is up. The devs probably have their own online games they have, maybe even games other than TSO, and they might be jonesing just as bad as we are. Think outside the box.

G

<blockquote><hr>

check www.tso-e.com Luc added a post....Houston,we have a problem!! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Also posted a challenge that I thought I'd quote here to see what people think of it. An event tomorrow sounds like a great thing to let everybody get their fixes in, and possibly get something either for being there or for winning the event:

<blockquote><hr>

Since you have extra time I thought I would suggest a challenge: What event should I run tomorrow? how about we attempt a super skilling event? what skill would you like to build the fastest?

[/ QUOTE ]

G

The window is huge, is there a way to make it smaller? I'm use to playing in windows mode with more than one screen going at once, with it like this I can't even see my desktop. I tried adding r1024x768 and r800x600 but it didn't help, any suggestions?

MaxCTSO

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do we zoom out once we zoom into a city. I zoomed into the other city and don't know what to do.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

Click on the minus sign - the button for zooming out, normally.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The window is huge, is there a way to make it smaller? I'm use to playing in windows mode with more than one screen going at once, with it like this I can't even see my desktop. I tried adding r1024x768 and r800x600 but it didn't help, any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

There should be a way to make the screen at least show your toolbar down at the bottom of the screen (running XP). If you can see the two instances in your tool bar you should also be able to see the Start button that will allow you to open up webpages and also there will be two separate tabs, or one tab like "2 TSO" that you click on and will allow you to select which instance you wanna see. You'll have to remember which sim you logged in first, but that's no big deal if you're only running 2 and not 6 hehe.

Other than that since everything is accessed with the Start Menu if the program you're trying to get to isn't in All Programs you can access it selecting My Computer and then Desktop. All the files accessed from your destop with shortcuts will be listed there

L

Lynnie

How are you supposed to play multi windows? Its full screen again...

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

It worked fine for me to change it, I added (space)-r800x600 after the -w and it was a nice normal window again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

How are you supposed to play multi windows? Its full screen again...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're in FS mode truly you shouldn't be....it could be that the resolution is so big that windowed mode for you looks like FS mode. But no, as far as I know you can't run more than one instance in FS mode, which is why I hated it, and you have to alt-tab out to see the desktop, YIM, Start menu, etc, another reason I hated it.

I

imported_debslee

Guys congrats.....loving the new changes, new look, and the fact that everything is smaller and "cleaner" looking. Awesome job.....looking forward to a nights play!!!!!!! ((hugs)) Hope you having a celebratory drink
!

G

thank you, I missed the - now I'm back to normal window

when I landed my 2nd account there was a pop up window asking to subscribe to EA Land... wonder what is up with that.

I

imported_Phoenix_Rising

<blockquote><hr>

thank you, I missed the - now I'm back to normal window

when I landed my 2nd account there was a pop up window asking to subscribe to EA Land... wonder what is up with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a bug; that's the part of the update that won't work until (hopefully) tomorrow.

G

Anytime and yes Nix is correct I asked Luc about this during the brief moments I was in game.