• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jan 30th: All Cities Going Offline at 1-ish pm PST

D

Dogsoffour

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Not done yet.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
*sad sighs* ok thanks Lee for the update,,,,i am hanging out in AV crafting

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, me too, heh.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Not done yet.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of update is that? Like seriously, i can try to long in and tell the forum that. How about a real update. like whats taking so long or whats wrong or when you think it will be back up. like this is why i left tso many years ago. lack of updates and lack of information to the players. The updates seem to be getting better but the information part is not. Work on that Maxis, work on the communications between players and developers because it sucks!

R

ryotgrrl13

rum. why didnt i think of that! but i dont have any...wanna share?!

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

Danny where are your sims? Any in BF?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, i just rejoined that game after a few years of not playing so I only have AVs in EA Land and TC3. I didnt see a point in makin AVs anywhere else since they are all going to merge into EA Land anyway.

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

mmmm alkihol. damn now i wanna get drunk lol

[/ QUOTE ]

so whats stopping you. get drunk.

R

ryotgrrl13

well thats just no fun. stupid question. whats ur simmies name in ealand. LOL

S

StarreTee

Same here Danny. *sigh*

I guess I'll go to bed. *whimpers*

I'll see you all tomorrow. HOPEFULLY in game.

T

Trish Stratus

True, okay now I am bored again. Why are my posts so boring looking?

R

rookie

Few more hours max...

Unless something goes wrong

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(TC3:LFancey)

Posted by Lee in Server outages shortly before the cities went down when someone asked how long the cities would be down.

R

ryotgrrl13

aww night blue. and trish its cuz u arent crying or anything LOL. and danny. NOTHING. except i dont know what i want. i think we only really have vodka and malibu. hmmm...

T

Trish Stratus

LIARS.....they are all stinking LIARS!
<font color="blue"> </font>

R

ryotgrrl13

that was much better. screaming at people always helps! I should really put a pic in my profile here. i feel wierd without one.

S

StarreTee

Well, it's long past a few hours now. It's what? 8 p.m. on the West coast? 7 hours for an update, I know my FH doesn't wait that long for updates to WoW (which he is playing and keeps asking me if our game is up yet and then snickers)

T

Trish Stratus

Omg my husband is doing the same exact thing. He is raiding and laughs at this game. he thinks that they are 5 year olds doing this thing since him and his brother are like masters of the computers

S

StarreTee

hey...maybe their raiding together? cause he's trying to beat up a gigantic fish right now..

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

well thats just no fun. stupid question. whats ur simmies name in ealand. LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Danny Dots, Duh, lol.

<blockquote><hr>

and danny. NOTHING. except i dont know what i want. i think we only really have vodka and malibu. hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Malibu

R

ryotgrrl13

did u know there are 36 visitors and like 40 registered users loooking at this watching us talk back n forth. they really should SAY SOMETHING!

R

ryotgrrl13

see i know i was asking a stupid question lol. and i like malibu too....think i might have to raid the cabinet in a minute!

F

fmcneill3

Honestly you guys are entertaining enough that the rest of us don't really need to talk!

KalieJane TC3

T

Trish Stratus

I would start drinking if I thought this place had a chance of reopening soon. But, most likely it won't and we will still have the stupid update in the morning too. I mean, they don't update in the morning except for the 100's list so what exactly are the point of the updates in the morning?

G

OMGeeez it's Trish Stratus.. I used to worship the woman when I was about 12.

I am no longer 12.

I

imported_Danny Dots

it will, we just have to wait a zillion years &lt;rolls eyes&gt;

G

<blockquote><hr>

Honestly you guys are entertaining enough that the rest of us don't really need to talk!

KalieJane TC3

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. lol

D

Dogsoffour

For every minute you are sitting at your computer refreshing, is another minute they are working late trying to finish up
It will be worth the wait (I hope).

T

Trish Stratus

you is a funny guy! LOL I think that I am becoming delirious waiting for this and by the time it opens no one I know will be on LMAO

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

I would start drinking if I thought this place had a chance of reopening soon. But, most likely it won't and we will still have the stupid update in the morning too. I mean, they don't update in the morning except for the 100's list so what exactly are the point of the updates in the morning?

[/ QUOTE ]

The daily morning maintenances? It closes everything and resets things, which is a good thing if you've ever been stuck with avatar leasing error somewhere that never closes, or at your own house or sim job lot which won't close.

T

Trish Stratus

That's it? Someone tell me they do more than that in an hour

R

ryotgrrl13

hmm. i hope that ea is open when i finish with my house in BF. if not. i'll cry. again.

G

I'm calling it a night. &lt;sigh&gt; At this point, even if EAL opened right now, I could bash one pinata and then I'd have to logout.

I'm hoping for a better explanation from someone as to why this took so long- I'm sure there is a good reason, and I'm sure it's just as frustrating for them that it's taking so long, but it's still frustrating!

Hopefully once all the moves happen and all that jazz, updates will be quicker going forward. Or maybe they don't try to jam 15 or more updates into one session.

G

I think the anouncements for future updates should read something like this:

We are doing an update on Thursday, Please make plans for something else to do on that day.

G

*snickers

Or, "Sorry people, you are going to have to interact with people who do not have chat bubbles over their heads. Though it may be confusing, do not attempt to bench press them."

B

Bushal

lol....I actually was glad they did the update this long gave me a change to prepare my house in AV for the merge. I procrastinate a lot so they did the right thing by making me do it lol. Well I'm logging off,hope they open for you guys soon. hagn and tc

I

imported_Danny Dots

<blockquote><hr>

The change to be able to recognize immediately that free players have subscribed is running into un-expected problems (to say the least), no one can log in anymore in TC3 or EA-Land…

Greg, Larry, Randy and Mark are debugging it.

As soon as it works, you will know it because you will be able to go in the game, so don’t expect much of a meaningfull update here, but know that the team is on it.

Since you have extra time I thought I would suggest a challenge: What event should I run tomorrow? how about we attempt a super skilling event? what skill would you like to build the fastest?

Cheers,

Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is a real update, "not finished yet" is not. Thank you for the REAL update and I can't wait to get back in.

S

swissmoonbeam

OK, well, I thought i'd give a post before I went to bed. Apparently EALand is still not up, based on the posts thus far, lol.

I actually had a good time IM'ing all my sim buddies tonight....there were lots of flashing things at the bottom of my screen, hehe. And also, I got to hang out back in DG again...yay. And my good friends came on to hang with me, so it was rather nice. I missed that place.

But I do hope EAland is up and running soon....hopefully by the time I get back from work at lunchtime tomorrow!

moon

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

*snickers

Or, "Sorry people, you are going to have to interact with people who do not have chat bubbles over their heads. Though it may be confusing, do not attempt to bench press them."

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO

Don't forget Dip Kiss.

R

ryotgrrl13

lol. my friends would be worried if i walked up and dip kissed them all. lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Since you have extra time I thought I would suggest a challenge: What event should I run tomorrow? how about we attempt a super skilling event? what skill would you like to build the fastest?

Cheers,

Luc

[/ QUOTE ]

How about knocking out charisma? It seems to be the least popular and we could all knock it out fast and get it over with....?