• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jan 30th: All Cities Going Offline at 1-ish pm PST

I

imported_LFancey

Starting now.. All cities getting marked internal do not leave your cities.

Lee

G

so with the cities going offline, does that not mean that with all these tests the merges will happen within the next 2-3 days?

G

<blockquote><hr>

so with the cities going offline, does that not mean that with all these tests the merges will happen within the next 2-3 days?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Please keep an eye out on the blog for when we get ready to do merges.

I

imported_debslee

Pari, Lee and Team - Think you are gonna need a stiff one of these..........good luck and looking forward to a successful update!

G

Thank you!!

Yesterday, I was joking that if it did not go well, we should all hit the street and start running away. Then I can take a pic and post it before I also take off running.

It was a joke of course! (ummm, unless it happens
)

I

imported_debslee

Suggest I send you a pair of these, because there are many others who will not be as forgiving as me, if it does not go well LOL !!!!!

G

has it gone down yet? i did another error 23 for the 50 th time today and couldnt get back .any idea also if this includes the few errors we have like landing at properties and error 23 and the paying customers only one or will we still suffer ...its the only thing i m getting bored with in sims ....i dont mind the running on the spot one it keeps me slim

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

Windows Mode: Default resolution is now 1024×768. If you want 800×600 use -r800×600 on your shortcut command line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will we be able to go higher in resolution that 1024x768? I seriously hate windows mode.

Will there be a way later that we can have the minimize, maximize (Restore Down), and exit buttons like on a webpage? I play another game and we can treat it just like a webpage as far as resizing it while we play.

G

<blockquote><hr>

EALand going down now

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we there yet? Huh? Are we?
Are we now?
Are we?

I have to go to the bathroom.

G

i suppose theres always system restore if it buggers up lee.
but it wont go wrong will it....erm can i have my body back now

B

BarbaraBGS

Time to play, uh, Sims 2 - yeah see how my lil simmy families are doing...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Are we now?
Are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

*gets ready to extreme tickle Donavan*

Polly

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks. Any estimated time when they will be back up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. We would've posted it if we new!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks. Any estimated time when they will be back up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. We would've posted it if we new!

[/ QUOTE ]

True, lol. Thanks!

G

*just hitting reply*
so those that were playing BEFORE the servers went down are still playing??? i figured no one would be able to play during this time but listening to a radio station that is in game for the last hour the DJ claims to be at her house in AV ,i even refreshed my player thinking it was playing old stored material,,i dont have the DJ's contact info to yahoo her and ask if she really is in fact in game,but according to her "talk" during the music breaks she is doing this Real Time,,anyone else still in game?

G

<blockquote><hr>

*just hitting reply*
so those that were playing BEFORE the servers went down are still playing??? i figured no one would be able to play during this time but listening to a radio station that is in game for the last hour the DJ claims to be at her house in AV ,i even refreshed my player thinking it was playing old stored material,,i dont have the DJ's contact info to yahoo her and ask if she really is in fact in game,but according to her "talk" during the music breaks she is doing this Real Time,,anyone else still in game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah there are some people in the game right now that are telling me to come in but I cant... lol... hopefully soon though. Got home early today so I could play just to see the cities are off...

G

*hand on hip in a huff* WELL NOW pffffft

guess i should of read the Wiki before going to take my nap this afternoon,then i would of known to stay awake and keep playing,,,lol,,,oh well such is life,,lol

G

we were able to play in EALand until about 2:30 PST, then it went down for all

C

coyoteee

OMG I am so excited. EA Land with old sims, rares and plenty of crafts. Woot!

I have a sim ready to ride the bullet train! And she's a drag queen. lol. Keep an eye out for Sequoia Skye, EA Land's first drag queen sim.

OK the city can come back up now, Mistress Parizad, my dearest.

~Coy

I

imported_MsStathamSim

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

EALand going down now

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
Are we now?
Are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

LEEEEeeeEEEEE, Donavan's on MY siiiiiiiiiidde!

G

<blockquote><hr>

... will it go bac up again so we can play?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sadly no - It will be paved over into a parking lot for EA, and all our Sims will be sold as slaves to SL and WoW.

Here's yer sign.

j/k

S

Synfully Sweet

I am Excited to bringing my sim over on train from BF!! to see my babies again! lol I am not excited about the offline status and the length... but to see my babies again it is all worth it!!!! WOOOOOT

HEY! Everyone its time for a sexay party!

S

Synfully Sweet

tis true... but not seeing anything to do with a bullet train! lol
ok can select the move sim now but cant select EA land yet

F

fmcneill3

Any idea with TC3 will be back up? I keep getting an internal error message.

I

imported_LFancey

Production cites are back... EALand and TC3 will be out for a few more hours.

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Production cites are back... EALand and TC3 will be out for a few more hours.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna have to go and pick up a coupla more six-packs.

You'll be sorry.

J

jennnnny

Hours? hours?

aww looks like i'm going to have to get real work done then

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sorry did you say hours?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, he did
Looks like the poor dev team is working late tonight since its now 4:30 PM PST. Not being able to play tonight will suck, but not as bad as having to work late so everybody else can play would!
. At least the devs are in sunny CA.....I just heard on the news that there's a Winter Weather Advisory here in TN tonight AND all day tomorrow. That'd be a helluva time to work late

Good luck guys with whatever's holding things up. I'm sure we can find something to do for the remainder of the evening
. Pogo has free accounts if anybody doesn't have one and wants a game to play while waiting rather than just hitting refresh here in CH and doing the "Are we here yet/pee-pee" dance

M

mike1977

From what the blog said...we will be able to set sims to move to EA Land tomorrow (1/31) and see them there Friday.

D

donnallg

<blockquote><hr>

From what the blog said...we will be able to set sims to move to EA Land tomorrow (1/31) and see them there Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]

What blog would that be? I didn't see a date on the one I looked at.

M

mike1977

tso-e.com

It was posted there YESTERDAY, that if TODAY'S (Wednesday the 30th) update goes well, THEN on Thursday (which is TOMORROW, 1/31), they will enable the moves to EA Land.

I

imported_debslee

WOOT!!!!
for ONCE being on the other side of the world, ahead of everyone else, is proving to have its advantages.......will be some of the first bodies to play after the update, whilst others are in the land of nod.
*dances around, waving hands in the air*

G

<blockquote><hr>

WOOT!!!!
for ONCE being on the other side of the world, ahead of everyone else, is proving to have its advantages.......will be some of the first bodies to play after the update, whilst others are in the land of nod.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna get yourself whipped, and not in a good way!
Not a good thing to say to a group that has a majority of players in the affected time zones

See y'all later, giving hubby the puter for a bit....be back when he goes to sleep to see if things are back online here yet or not.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

WOOT!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

You're gonna get yourself whipped, and not in a good way!
Not a good thing to say to a group that has a majority of players in the affected time zones

See y'all later, giving hubby the puter for a bit....be back when he goes to sleep to see if things are back online here yet or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

All I can say is BRING IT ON!!! ROFLMAO

I

imported_Danny Dots

a few more hours, yuck

guess i'll go back to cleaning my rl apartment some more, lol.

R

ryotgrrl13

omg omg omg what am i gonna do?. i'm making manicotti for dinner and then i dont know what the hell i'm gonna do! i guess i'll have to skill in BF. i never go to BF! lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

LMAO.....I hope you are with me????????

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh.. I have to be! Kiwi's gotta stick together.