• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PaxLair Anniversary Week

PaxLair Anniversary Week
Posted by Riyana
PaxOku Tea House, Trammel, Chesapeake
Sunday, January 15, 2017 - 07:00 PM
Until: Friday, January 20, 2017 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The 19th anniversary is almost upon us! That is almost two decades - quite a run. Soon enough we'll be able to express it in generations. This list covers UO events. Everything here is what we confirmed at the Weekly meeting Jan. 10th. all time EST. Keep watching--more may be added!

Meet at the PaxOku Tea House (located a short walk west down the road from the Homare-Jima moongate) unless otherwise indicated.

January 15th (Sunday)

7:00pm - PaxLair Anniversary kick off speech by Governor Winfield @ PaxLair Mage Tower. (Teleport tile from Tea House)

8:00pm- Archery Contest hosted by Se'an Silverfoot at the Luna Fairgrounds

9:00pm - Raze the Roof, Eodon boss fight. Get with anyone from guild or allience to get the rooms done before this day. hosted by Red Snapper

January 16th (Monday)

8:00pm- A Miner Inconvenience hosted by Marge of Nidaros

9:00 pm - LOTTO BOOM hosted by Tehan of Yew

January 17th (Tuesday)

7:00pm - Around the World Boat Race hosted by NANOC of DWxC

8:30pm - Family Fued hosted by Naitch and Red Snapper of Silvervale

January 18th (Wednesday)

8:00pm - Mage Poker hosted by Cara of Gyldnefeld

9:00pm - Chasing Rumors (RP and combat event) meet at the Vesper Auction House

January 19th (Thursday) (Anniversary Day)

8:00pm - Story Telling Contest hosted by Ashlynn at the Shrine of Sobriety (teleporter found at the PaxOku Tea House). Theme is Winter. Stories should take no more than ten minutes to recite.

9:00pm - Anniversary Black Tie Dinner & closing Ceremonies hosted by Red Snapper of Luna Vendors.

January 20th (Friday)

8:00pm - Vesper Auction hosted by Elaine and Victor of Vesper

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I may have thought of an idea - it came to me at 1:15 am as I was trying to fall asleep. Of course, I got up and did some preliminary testing. I will test it some more tomorrow. Looking at the schedule if this idea pans out, looks as if maybe Monday before Lotto Boom would be a good time. I know mining usually involves Minoc but there are some lovely mountains surrounding Nidaros. ;)

Sincerely,
A severely sleep deprived Lady Marge

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll let you all know what the story contest details are later. After I decide on a theme. While playing Witcher 3. Or Stardew Valley. Dunno yet.

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I talked to Se'an Silverfoot (ATD) he would like to do Archery Tournament, Saturday, Jan. 14 at NOON EST. at the Luna Faire Grounds.
OOPS
Have to move this event to
Sunday 8pm after PaxLair Anniversary Opening

Last edited:

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It seems as if that late night idea may actually work. :D I will try to catch planners in game today to find a definite time.

I have dubbed the contest "A Miner Inconvenience" (still need sleep lol)
You will need a miner with NO packy animal.
Supplies needed and rules will be provided at the contest.

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will talk to you ingame Marge.
I have you penciled in for Monday at 8pm.

jackie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Dining Room and Dinner are ready to be put in the oven, and entertainment is there for everyone's Pleasure :). Also we have a little surprise also

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh yes. Story contest details. (Witcher 3 has had my attention in a Skyrim sort of way)

To keep things simple and open, the theme is Winter. Stories should take no more than ten minutes to recite. There will be prizes and fame to be won. Judges are me and whatever poor soul I can pressgang to assist me.

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
January 16th Monday
8:00 pm - "A Miner Inconvenience" hosted by Marge of Nidaros

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PaxLair 19th Anniversary Archery Contest winners!
1st Place - Blagor (CAT)
2nd Place - Kisha (DWxC)
3rd Place - Kite (DWxC)

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Around the World Race Rules and Instructions for Jan.17th - 7pm.
Rule 1. You will need a newly purchased or tamed horse, NOT Bonded!
Rule 2. You will need a boat. You will have to have your boat in your backpack!
(You do not need a particularly advanced character, as there is not much to fight. You can avoid most encounters)
Instructions:
Meet at PaxOku, Tea House. Racers and horses will be gated to Gyldenfeld and horses kept safe.
You will be gated to the START line in Skara Brae at the mainland dock.
When the Foot Race part of the RACE is started, you will run to Gyldenfeld, get on your horse and horserace to Vesper Main Dock.
(AS much as possible stay on the road, no cross country travel.)
Place your boat in the water and Boat Race to Skara Brae.
First Boat to the Main Dock in Skara wins.
This Race was first run around 2004 and is one of the Original UO_World_Map_Large.png Series of Races designed by Tancred Redstar (*V*).S

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The results of the PaxLair 19th Anniversary 'Around the World Race' are:
Ist Place - Naitch of Silvervale
2nd Place - Willow of Vesper
3rd Place - Sumani of Nidaros
We lost nary a soul to Davey Jones and the rest of the racers G-Man of DW, Sparrow of DW and Spotted Cow of Nidaros safely finished the race.

NANOC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This just in, hot off the presses!
Goblin Net Toss, Sunday January 22nd, 8:00pm.
Hosted by da Goblins of Pitmuck.

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seeing these other events results posted made me realize I should probably post the mining contest standing.

Nine lionhearted souls braved the sinister Navrey in her own ancient moldering lair for a chance to prove that miners can be as courageous as the most chivalrous knight. For ten harrowing minutes, they mined right next to the horrendous beast in hopes of everlasting glory. Immediately before the contest was to begin an avalanche of stones fell on top the decrepit monstrosity; merely angering this monstrous relic of old. The stalwart miners grasped the unproven pickaxes provided by the contest's host and began searching the cave floor in hopes of uncovering that most precious of all metals, valorite. Undaunted by the sounds of laughter that rang throughout, the miners continued picking away at the stone and soon realized the picks they were using had a magic about them that caused the very stone they were mining to come to life. After what seemed to be an eternity of torment in the fetid lair, the host took pity upon the nerved-wracked exhausted souls and called forth another avalanche of stone that landed squarely on top of that eight legged nightmare. Seeing that this demon of the deep was near death, the miners came together and with their host began using their meager magery to put an end to this most vile aboriginal denizen of this most revolting pit. Although the stench of the corpse was almost overwhelming, the miners ripped it open and took back what was theirs; for many a miner did fall that night and would have stayed a specter there had it not been for a powerful necromancer skilled in the dark arts that accompanied the party that night. The miners, weakened and bone-weary, traveled to their favorite tea house to soothe their souls while awaiting the results.

The results were as following:
*I apologize for any misspelling of names - they were written in great haste by a terrible speller

1st Place - 228 points = Santa Claus
2nd Place - 143 points = Naitch
3rd Place - 139 points = Yvette
4th Place - 135 points = Alicya
5th Place - 131 points =Krum
6th Place - 123 points = Metalist Man
7th Place - 120 points = Crystal
8th Place - 56 points = Badger
9th Place - 25 points = Dragon's Watch

The following prizes were awarded:

The first to die (since no saltpeter was mined up) = Alicya {One Million gold and a Bloody Sash was given}
The first to pull up an Ore Elemental = Alicya {One Million gold and a Powder of Fortification Keg} [It was a copper elly.]
The highest metal mined = Santa Claus {A pair of Shanty's Waders} [Verite was the highest mined and by 6 of the contestants. Santa had 35 ores of verite. Yvette had the next highest amount at 15.]
The most points total = Santa Claus {A Tangle}

I would like to thank Skadi and Spotted Cow for helping test this event. Prizes were donated by Spotted Cow and myself, Lady Marge Mayor of Nidaros.
I would like to also thank all the participants for their willingness to die. Next time, stay still long enough for me to hide you. {By the by, the laughter you heard was not from Navrey but from me. :p}

Winfield

Adventurer
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Thursday, January 19, 2017

19th Anniversary Dinner Speech by Winfield

Welcome once again everyone. I am Winfield, the Governor of PaxLair.
Thank you Red Snapper for a great dinner and anniversary ball!
This place is so detailed and well thought out, thank you! It's beautiful!

We started this Anniversary several days ago and all this week, we've had games and contests and fun.
Our Anniversary is more than fun and games though. We all know it marks another year of our existence.
Actually, in a bigger view ... it marks another year of our progress!
We are still here, which is not what we focus on.
We are still having fun, doing more things, and meeting more people here! That's what we focus on.
Our 19 year journey is not even close to being over. It's just begun!

We've garnered a reputation for balance, respect, truth, friendship, and caring for others.
That is how we grow. That is how we progress.

A long time ago, oh 19 years ago, we had no idea what PaxLair would be, who would be, and where it would be.
Yet after a few months in our first year, we knew there was something special about PaxLair.
That special was the people PaxLair attracted, besides the PKs and drama-trolls of course.
The people here today and in our future are what make this place, this Realm, and our role here important.
Just like the story-telling at Ashlynn's place a moment ago, we are here in story and for real.
We are creative and we are bold. We are excited and we are energetic.
Most of all, we are of PaxLair, whether citizen, ally, or friend.
All of us make up the whole of PaxLair and we thank each other for this.

PaxLair is more than a place and people too. It is an idea.
The idea of PaxLair is much bigger than each of us can see from our own positions.
I've seen other towns, other communities, and even other Realms examine what and how we do things here.
They are inspired, they are thoughtful, they learn, they question, and we help them somehow.

Know that our future continues to be bright here and everywhere.
Our people meet each other in many places and great friendships have formed.
This is PaxLair. This is our existence. This is our future. This is why we are PaxLair.

I thank you all for coming to this 19th Anniversary.
I thank all who prepared and ran events this week.
Most of all I thank all who are here, have been here, and will be here these years.
Dragonspeed to us all and may PaxLair continue its history-making path into the future!

Thank you!

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Happy Anniversary PaxLair.

I apologize for missing the dinner. I intended to be there but remembered about an hour too late.

WildStar