• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jan 09 TOTM Poll

Which is the best steal of the month?

• Orni from Belboz II by Shinobi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ornament of the Magician (faction) (Siege) from Cash by TheScoundrelRico

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I laugh that this is a being done by poll to begin with. If any of you actually knew the forum history, you would know the posters never voted for the TotM (or week). ROFL...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not going to revisit the past, but this had nothing to do with you but to the people who claimed we were losing history by not having this. How can you lose history, if you don't know history of the board to begin with...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
fyi, the staff and the arms were stolen from Sprago, the orny was stolen from Cash, but I stole it from him before he could place it on his vendor (it wasn't his, it was loot from an ealier kill)...la

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted for rico, (jana staff). i have said it before, but ill repeat it again. I dont find scamming stuff from people, to have anything todo with the art of stealing. Scam-thieves uses the stealing skill yes, but they could just as well have hidden a friended red tamer with a GD for the same effect on a second account.

S

Sweeney

If anything I was sure the Val kryss was better than the crystalline ring. How little I know.

A

Arch Magus

Who actually voted for the Janaa's staff??

That shiit can be picked up of the damn ground....LOL

pathetic..:hug:

S

Shinobi

If anything I was sure the Val kryss was better than the crystalline ring. How little I know.
No you're right. A crystalline goes for around 16mil...I sold that kryss for 75mil. That kryss is the most valuable of all those items up there, by far.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe you need to define 'best'. I assumed it meant 'the most well-executed theft' rather than 'the most valuable item stolen' ?

S

Shinobi

Maybe you need to define 'best'. I assumed it meant 'the most well-executed theft' rather than 'the most valuable item stolen' ?
Well it really depends on the voter. Some may think that stealing a kryss worth 75mil is hands-down the best, while others might not agree with the methods some of us use to steal the items.

sligachan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gave me the best laugh I've had all day did that, you have a way with words Rico!!:D

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thing I notice from most of the POO steals...their marks are green, and they are either in their own house or a nice safe location...la

S

Shinobi

The thing I notice from most of the POO steals...their marks are green, and they are either in their own house or a nice safe location...la
Must I repost the link to the HOT boards with you bragging about your guild stealing? Don't be such a damn hypocrite rico, it's pathetic for a man your age.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, the difference being, that was something I did over 5 years ago, and didn't only steal from guildmates in the safety of my home. Seems that's all you fellas do these days...la

R

Robthemilt

On ATL and Origin, Jaana's staff can be found at any Fel spawn location, most commonly despise. Its spawn time is usually about...whenever a non newb gets one as a reward for killing spawn.

Also look for sentinels guards, virtue armor, luck statues, world maps, ankh pendants, 105 Ps's, as well as a few other things.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it doesn't actually spawn on the floor as the other poster suggested. It actually requires a thief to steal it from their pack, out in the open, far away from a guardzone?

Oh my God...that sounds dangerous...la

S

Shinobi

LOL, the difference being, that was something I did over 5 years ago, and didn't only steal from guildmates in the safety of my home. Seems that's all you fellas do these days...la
Hmmmmm, pretty sure that the kryss and the orni were from random players in fel. But yeah nice try lol.

In that HOT boards post you were defending guild stealing as a way of adapting to insurance. Just because you are on siege now doesn't mean you feel any different. I guarantee if you still played atlantic you'd still be guild stealing. So like I said, don't be a hypocrite.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guarantee if you still played atlantic you'd still be guild stealing. So like I said, don't be a hypocrite.
Yeah, but I don't play on a Trammy shard, so I am not being a hypocrite, no matter what you "think" I might do if I played on a shard other than Siege...la

S

Shinobi

Yeah, but I don't play on a Trammy shard, so I am not being a hypocrite, no matter what you "think" I might do if I played on a shard other than Siege...la
Lol. Keep lying to yourself. You already said that you have done it, and made it clear in that post that you'd keep doing it. It's another form of stealing, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Btw, if you were on atlantic then you'd end up taking my bait lol. I carry around crappy arti's like dragon's end and jaana's staff, uninsured, in my pack. I do this so that stealthing thieves will appear to steal them, and I possibly guild them. It's a way to bring thieves out of hiding. So please, keep bragging about stealing what I consider bait in my tackle box.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dude, you keep bringing up a post from 2004, welcome to 5 years ago. You seem to think that something I did 5 years ago is new to thieving, it seems to be the way you get the majority of your steals. Do you ever steal with a chance for the mark to actually attack you or do you find the comfort of your home or a guardzone to your liking better? Hell, the only time I ever saw you back when I was on Atlantic was in the Yew or Brit gate guardzone. Gate hump much?

Besides, I've seen your recruiting in the past. You basically recruit anyone who has stealing in their template. It's no wonder your guild was and is known as being the one of the contributing factors of the so-called leg humping thief...la

S

Shinobi

Dude, you keep bringing up a post from 2004, welcome to 5 years ago. You seem to think that something I did 5 years ago is new to thieving, it seems to be the way you get the majority of your steals. Do you ever steal with a chance for the mark to actually attack you or do you find the comfort of your home or a guardzone to your liking better? Hell, the only time I ever saw you back when I was on Atlantic was in the Yew or Brit gate guardzone. Gate hump much?

Besides, I've seen your recruiting in the past. You basically recruit anyone who has stealing in their template. It's no wonder your guild was and is known as being the one of the contributing factors of the so-called leg humping thief...la
Yet again, that kryss and orni were both stolen in fel from random players. Sure they were at banks, but because of factions, the guard zones were down. The majority of my steals are in fel outside of gz. Only recently while I was x-shard stealing did I join guilds to rob them. On atlantic I'm a GM and can't leave the guild to join others. Keep assuming **** though it's cute.

And yes I guild every thief I find that isn't an ass like you. Why? Because unlike you I actually help thieves. New thieves need help, so I can either have an ego like you and not help them because they're new, or I can realize that in a few months they'll be a full fledged thief.

Sorry that I'm actually contributing to keeping the thief class, no matter what kind of thief it may be, alive. Oh and yes I saw your little stickied post. No one cares about all of that technical crap. You have to realize that new thieves may also be newbs as well, so you need to make it understandable to new players. Quit trying to show off and act like you know so damn much. That stealing guide is just an ego boost for you. Try reading my 5 books I've written that new thieves can actually relate to.

Look at you though. Your only claim to fame is your posts on these forums. If not for your 30k posts, you'd be unknown. You are nothing, and provide nothing to the thief class in general. So keep sitting up on your imaginary pedastal pretending you're amazing. And also please keep proving us right by entering crappy, uninteresting items into TOTM.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That stealing guide is just an ego boost for you. Try reading my 5 books I've written that new thieves can actually relate to.
An ego boost? ROFL!!!

It is/was intended to help thieves who were coming to Siege. Typically not people who have never played the profession before. Not sure how that was meant to be an ego boost...you are really stretching now to come up with supposed insults. Oh and as far as helping thieves? Yeah, you're right, I've never assisted a thief, here...on other forum I have posted on, or any server I've played. You really got me there, WOW!

As far as your books...I'd imagine they are pop ups...with lot's of colorful pictures to help your leg humping guild keep interest?...la

S

Shinobi

An ego boost? ROFL!!!

It is/was intended to help thieves who were coming to Siege. Typically not people who have never played the profession before. Not sure how that was meant to be an ego boost...you are really stretching now to come up with supposed insults. Oh and as far as helping thieves? Yeah, you're right, I've never assisted a thief, here...on other forum I have posted on, or any server I've played. You really got me there, WOW!

As far as your books...I'd imagine they are pop ups...with lot's of colorful pictures to help your leg humping guild keep interest?...la
I know how you are rico. You probably have a shirt that says "...la" on it in real life, hoping that one day someone will see it and recognize you. You have 30k posts because you feel the need to let everyone know you're here.

And I've seen you shun thieves because of their spelling more often than actually help them. Whatever, I'm done with this back and forth lol. Keep stealing crappy stuff on a shard with no insurance, real impressive buddy.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know how you are rico. You probably have a shirt that says "...la" on it in real life, hoping that one day someone will see it and recognize you. You have 30k posts because you feel the need to let everyone know you're here.

And I've seen you shun thieves because of their spelling more often than actually help them. Whatever, I'm done with this back and forth lol. Keep stealing crappy stuff on a shard with no insurance, real impressive buddy.
You really do assume a lot. LOL, you don't know me at all. But feel free to thinking the best steals are those with the highest resale value...la

S

Shinobi

You mean like saying you are fed up with these boards and are never posting here again, then posting here a week after that?

*chuckle*
Actually that's more of just a lie. To be a hypocrite, it has to be a form of a belief. If I say that I'm going out to eat, then decide not to, then plans just changed. But defending a belief and then later on pretending that you have always been 100% against it, that is a hypocrite.

Also, I'm pretty sure that posting on a UO thief forum for years when you no longer play uo, and are no longer a thief, is being a form of a hypocrite. You lead people to think you are a thief, but you aren't. That's like me dressing up like a cop and then when someone asks for help on the streets, I say "nope I'm not a cop sorry, but I used to be a security guard years ago." Pretending you know anything about the thief class now days when you haven't played in years, is being a hypocrite.

Get AIM or ICQ to keep in touch with your friends. Don't act high and mighty as if your opinion here means ****. You aren't a thief, stop trolling these boards. Like I've said before green, unless it's a question about the past, then you have no valueable input.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a real shame if the voting time on this got cut short because the thread had so much bickering in it someone had to lock it.

T

The Green Thief

You mean like saying you are fed up with these boards and are never posting here again, then posting here a week after that?

*chuckle*
Actually that's more of just a lie. To be a hypocrite, it has to be a form of a belief. If I say that I'm going out to eat, then decide not to, then plans just changed. But defending a belief and then later on pretending that you have always been 100% against it, that is a hypocrite.

Also, I'm pretty sure that posting on a UO thief forum for years when you no longer play uo, and are no longer a thief, is being a form of a hypocrite. You lead people to think you are a thief, but you aren't. That's like me dressing up like a cop and then when someone asks for help on the streets, I say "nope I'm not a cop sorry, but I used to be a security guard years ago." Pretending you know anything about the thief class now days when you haven't played in years, is being a hypocrite.

Get AIM or ICQ to keep in touch with your friends. Don't act high and mighty as if your opinion here means ****. You aren't a thief, stop trolling these boards. Like I've said before green, unless it's a question about the past, then you have no valueable input.
Hehe, you get so angry.

Nothing you say is going to make me leave these boards I have been posting on since you were still in middle school and nothing you say is going to stop me from finding fault with your arrogant adolescent behavior. Either change your attitude and stay mature or be prepared for everything you post to be followed by severe criticism.

S

Shinobi

Hehe, you get so angry.

Nothing you say is going to make me leave these boards I have been posting on since you were still in middle school and nothing you say is going to stop me from finding fault with your arrogant adolescent behavior. Either change your attitude and stay mature or be prepared for everything you post to be followed by severe criticism.
Lol first of all I'm not angry. I just hate how stubborn you and rico can be. You're calling me immature? Do you not realize that I only respond to you guys? You 2 are always picking fights like white trash on a playground. So yeah, how about you stop picking fights then crying when I call you out on something?

If you are going to post here for years to come, don't act like you own these boards. I am perfectly fine with "living in peace" on this forum. But then I see personal attacks from you, days after an argument has ended. So remember, as long as you guys don't start anything, I don't retaliate.

And calling me an adolescent? I'm 22 years old, soon to be 23. Why do people make assumptions like that, thinking it will insult the other person? Like when people say "oh whatever, you're so fat and ugly and full of pimples in real life." That's just a desperate attempt at an insult.

Yet again, if you don't want trouble and arguments, don't start them. That goes for both you and rico.

Feel free to reply with insults. I'm not getting into a back-and-forth with you as well. Petra is having a hard enough time managing these boards. I've said what I needed to say.

S

Shinobi

ROFL. And the name of your guild?...la
Ok sorry but this is one thing that needs to be replied to.

I gave my guild such a stupid ass name to prevent members from getting huge egos and losing their sense of humor. Trust me I could have easily named it something like Thief Underground or something generic like that.

Just had to address that issue, sorry.

S

Shinobi

Then it failed with it's founder. Your humor seems to have left ages ago...la
Lol rico, think what you want. Everytime a thief of mine posts, you point out that he's in my guild as some sort of an insult. You always start fights on these forums. You're 39, act your age. Get rid of your smug know-it-all attitude. If you notice, as I was talking to green just now, you had to butt in and start another fight.

Stop acting like any thief who isn't on siege is garbage. Realize that there are many forms of stealing, and just because you don't like one, don't bash the thief for it.

Like I said earlier, I've always been down with making peace with all of you, but you keep starting arguments. Just don't start anything and neither will we.

And no, I'm not meaning this post as an argument starter. I don't need quotes shown to me of threads where thieves in my guild started the arguments. Both sides have started them, so let's just stop. It's childish and aggrivating.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess you have a very thin skin if you think that was posted to start a fight. I post things like that to continue the discussion. You want to call other players juvenile, yet at the same time have a guild named after excrement.

Guess you have a problem with me pointing out the truth...la

T

The Green Thief

Gawd, I love these threads. It's like a 'pwn Shinobi' festival.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gawd, I love these threads. It's like a 'pwn Shinobi' festival.
Wow, your so cool. You post on a board to a game that you no longer play and stick up for a guy that commits constant d*uchebaggery. Good for you.

*smiles*

Sweet lives that some of you choose to live....

Samewith you, done hearing your crap as well. Bring your sh*t somewhere else.

S

Shinobi

I guess you have a very thin skin if you think that was posted to start a fight. I post things like that to continue the discussion. You want to call other players juvenile, yet at the same time have a guild named after excrement.

Guess you have a problem with me pointing out the truth...la
Lol rico, you honestly mean to tell me that all this time, these under-handed comments are your way of being friendly? Like I said, I'm fine with ending this stupid feud, but you can't be starting fights, like I pointed out in the february thread. It's up to you. Quit calling me thin-skinned because I'm trying to be nice.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quit calling me thin-skinned because I'm trying to be nice.
I'm calling you thin skinned because you seem to lack the ability to let someone, who disagrees with your methods of attaining items, voice their opinion...la

S

Shinobi

I'm calling you thin skinned because you seem to lack the ability to let someone, who disagrees with your methods of attaining items, voice their opinion...la
There's a difference between voicing your opinion, and calling players newbs because they don't steal the same way you do. If you voice your opinion in a hateful manner, then of course that player is going to take offense and retaliate with an argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.