• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jams and Pizza - Increased Payouts later today !!

I

imported_debslee

[/ QUOTE ]
You can be as sarcastic as you want, it doesn't change the equation.

I know people had fun with this and I probly would have too if I had been able to be on.
But, the point is that you cannot expect the game to survive in the long run if it's going to be run like a Saturday Bingo at the local V.F.W.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as Im concerned, you dont know what goes on behind the scenes with the controlling of the economy - unless you become a shareholder of EA! (I can hear you mutter "God forbid under your breath". But just playing devils advocate - often in the business world, companies will do things that seem crazy to the biggest skeptics and their customers, but you dont know the reasoning behind it. Huge sales - discounts galore - you dont sit back and think "what the hell are they doing that for" - you get in your car and go to the sale! I hardly think - much to Luc's defense, that he would do something on a "whim" - there is a lot more at stake now with the implementing of the ATM's.
So complain, critisize all you want - thats what the boards are for, but I think there are alot of us had a great time last night, enjoyed making the extra cash and EA know, we will be ploughing that back into the economy over the next weeks - I see it like a tax rebate that I would get from the government - I dont see it as harshly as you do!

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
You can be as sarcastic as you want, it doesn't change the equation.

I know people had fun with this and I probly would have too if I had been able to be on.
But, the point is that you cannot expect the game to survive in the long run if it's going to be run like a Saturday Bingo at the local V.F.W.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as Im concerned, you dont know what goes on behind the scenes with the controlling of the economy - unless you become a shareholder of EA! (I can hear you mutter "God forbid under your breath". But just playing devils advocate - often in the business world, companies will do things that seem crazy to the biggest skeptics and their customers, but you dont know the reasoning behind it. Huge sales - discounts galore - you dont sit back and think "what the hell are they doing that for" - you get in your car and go to the sale! I hardly think - much to Luc's defense, that he would do something on a "whim" - there is a lot more at stake now with the implementing of the ATM's.
So complain, critisize all you want - thats what the boards are for, but I think there are alot of us had a great time last night, enjoyed making the extra cash and EA know, we will be ploughing that back into the economy over the next weeks - I see it like a tax rebate that I would get from the government - I dont see it as harshly as you do!

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep - it's pretty obvious no one is willing to look beyond the short term.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

As far as Im concerned, you dont know what goes on behind the scenes with the controlling of the economy - unless you become a shareholder of EA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I'm a shareholder and I'm clueless, along with all other stockholders.

The dev decisions being made these days won't have any impact until later. Much later.

I

imported_debslee

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As far as Im concerned, you dont know what goes on behind the scenes with the controlling of the economy - unless you become a shareholder of EA!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah. I'm a shareholder and I'm clueless, along with all other stockholders.

The dev decisions being made these days won't have any impact until later. Much later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, agree, as the saying goes.... the "proof will be in the pudding", however, with the impact of these decisions, should it all turn to custard, it will not be my head on the chopping block, and the risk to me is minimal in comparison - (the equivalent of a couple of mocca's every month), but Ive had loads and heaps of fun - and the making of good mates in the meantime - thats priceless!

G

<blockquote><hr>

$10 a month isn't much and really is the minimum for most paid games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not comparing it to other games. 10$ isn't that much. However, I think it's too much considering the state the game is in: beta.

Having that said, I do appreciate the effort they put in as well. I don't really mind most of the playerbase couldn't join their event. As long as they do events I'm happy. It shows their eagerness

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

$10 a month isn't much and really is the minimum for most paid games.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not comparing it to other games. 10$ isn't that much. However, I think it's too much considering the state the game is in: beta.

Having that said, I do appreciate the effort they put in as well. I don't really mind most of the playerbase couldn't join their event. As long as they do events I'm happy. It shows their eagerness

[/ QUOTE ]

The game isn't in beta. You could choose to remain in the production cities and stay out of the Test City. Then you wouldn't need to expect to play for free.

I know I missed the event and feel a bit sad. I missed the phone booth challenge because of the west coast convenient timing. But I wish to think that there may be plans to have more frequent contests and fun things in our future. This is just the testing phase. HOWEVER, WE DON'T ALL LIVE ON THE WEST COAST. IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE SOME HOURS THAT ARE CONSIDERATE OF THE EAST COAST TESTERS. That's pretty much why I've stopped playing in Test or hanging out at the pub. I was pretty much burning myself out having to wait until 9pm for the pub to open.

(PS Devs....you don't necessarily HAVE to give out money. They could give out some rare items in lui of simoleans on those special nights? I think it would be a hoot if instead of always just getting money, when you sell your jam get an item instead. A surprise so to speak. I think the game is way to full of certainties and not enough 'unknowns'. I think that's what's so funny about repairing things. It's always such a shock when someone dies fixing a piano or a bookcase. But the game play needs to be shook up a bit so that there is less certainty.)

G

<blockquote><hr>

(PS Devs....you don't necessarily HAVE to give out money. They could give out some rare items in lui of simoleans on those special nights? I think it would be a hoot if instead of always just getting money, when you sell your jam get an item instead. A surprise so to speak. I think the game is way to full of certainties and not enough 'unknowns'. I think that's what's so funny about repairing things. It's always such a shock when someone dies fixing a piano or a bookcase. But the game play needs to be shook up a bit so that there is less certainty.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a very good point.

There *is* way to much certainty in the game, it leads to complacency....which leads to boredom. I loved the phone calls, the genie lamp and drinking potions, in the offline game, just because you never knew if you would get something good or something disasterous!

Having the game be unexpected, is a good thing....we need more random effects from items and more random events, from the team.

I

imported_Dali Dalinza

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a very good point.

There *is* way to much certainty in the game, it leads to complacency....which leads to boredom. I loved the phone calls, the genie lamp and drinking potions, in the offline game, just because you never knew if you would get something good or something disasterous!

Having the game be unexpected, is a good thing....we need more random effects from items and more random events, from the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you both about random events when using objects. I miss the alien abduction when using the telescope (and think it is an idea that could be expanded).

G

<blockquote><hr>

There *is* way to much certainty in the game, it leads to complacency....which leads to boredom

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't agree more !

More unexpected events that get people actively participating and *gasp* having fun are like a breath of fresh air and imho much needed, that and the ability to set things on fire

Polly