• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Jack has a problem - help him before he explodes! (Petra)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
nope, and i have no idea of texture packs only what you would have told me before

I DO NOT INSTALL TEXTURES ONLY YOUR INTERFACE WHY DO YOU NOT GET THIS???????????????????????????????????????????

renstalls same

stupid grey hotbar bottom left of screen a taskbar with war and pace on it and back pack

no war peace on my statue bar

so its completely messed up

how is this fixed?

so how do i COMPLETELY get rid of all this crap and start again with a fresh install of YOUR interface, keeping my existing hotbars?

so far nearly 24 hours wasted on something i do NOT undestand and NO clear user friendly instruction from YOU

no i am NOT an expert so please YOU put it right

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: Pinco's UI

so YOU can understand me

I DID NOT DO THIS i updated YOUR INTERFACE NO TEXTURE UNLESS THEY CAME IN WITH YOUR UPDATE

ok clear now pinco?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

once again

the automatic hotbar YOUR interface created everytime i log in
the lost hotbars on one of my chars

HOW IS ALL THIS REMOVED

infact, link me to a patcher previous to 5.2b please

before you added the paperdoll backgrounds if fine

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Also i do not have backups of everything, I trust your interface is this a mistake?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Deleted pinco UI from main EC EA folder, installed fresh crap STILL there

so what now?

it seems the profiles have been corrupted by YOUR interface and NOT textures as i have NO idea what to do with them

WHAT NOW?

ALSO GREAT STUFF now grey bar and status bar on ANOTHER CHAR AFTER FRESH INSTALL

just getting better Pinco

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Object handle setting LARGE AND GREY and cannot be changed to my normal half size and half dull

WHAT HAS HAPPENED NOW

suggest you switch on ICQ and HELP ME HERE!!!!!!!!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

ALL CHARS NOW HAVE THE GREY HOTBAR AND NO PEACE SHIELD ON THE STATUS BAR

so it is GETTING worse and not FIXED as you stated it will

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

so by removing and installing a fresh version of YOUR interface has resulted in the corruption of MORE of my profiles is this correct?, thanks for REALLY trying to sort this for me.........................

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Jack, take a deep breath and we'll try to sort you out. What you are showing in your screen print seems to be some kind of mix up of Pinco's and the default ui.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

now that you have a clean install, just clean your character profile by pressing the "Reset" button on User Settings.

You will have to move all the hotbars, but everything will be fixed.

About the creating menu, just create it and trash the old one or it will keep asking...

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the status bar is on the reset how do i get rid of that as i dont need it? the one with the backpack and peace shield that is new

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's not part of Pinco's that's the default ui. I'm not sure why you're getting that when you're using pinco's. What happens if you select the default ui?

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
restarted that char and the offending hotbar gone, looks like for some reason all of my hotbars, thats icons for 64 mage spells SW and Necro spells plus all tools etc, over 100 icons gone, when i reset no hotbars:( on just 1 char

no way to recover them?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
restarted that char and the offending hotbar gone, looks like for some reason all of my hotbars, thats icons for 64 mage spells SW and Necro spells plus all tools etc, over 100 icons gone, when i reset no hotbars:( on just 1 char

no way to recover them?
if you delete your profile that's what happen, but seems the only way.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
jack_flash you remind me of that guy on youtube playing that shooter game and at the end demolishing all his computer stuff because he failes...you should go to a doctor for god's sake...seriously

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
jack_flash you remind me of that guy on youtube playing that shooter game and at the end demolishing all his computer stuff because he failes...you should go to a doctor for god's sake...seriously
and you are? oh thats right, nobody so go run alone bore someone else

have great day

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
jack in the future once you have everything set back up the way you want it! please make a back up copy of your user data folder and save it somewhere on a disk or external drive or at least to your desktop This way if you have a problem in future all of your macroes and character details will be saved for you!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
jack in the future once you have everything set back up the way you want it! please make a back up copy of your user data folder and save it somewhere on a disk or external drive or at least to your desktop This way if you have a problem in future all of your macroes and character details will be saved for you!
thank you will do it now

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pinco, how do i stop EC playsound from automaticlly clicking itself after i uncheck it so i dont get the annoying default male emote gump, this never happened before and so what do i need to do to STOP this happening all the time? this happened on 1 of my chars

this was not happening before 5.2b

well i could turn it off as i dont want it at all, now it keeps auto starting itself

the question has to be asked, WHY is YOUR interface deciding what IT wants on my computer does not make sense and on only 1 char when it is set up the same as another

Also i get a decay corpse gump up on log in even though i am not, or have no died?

PLEASE NOT ALL THIS AFTERFRESH INSTALL YOUR INTERFACE NO TEXTURES WHAT IS YOUR INTERFACE DOING NOW?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Pinco, how do i stop EC playsound from automaticly clicking itself after i unchek it so i dont get the annoying defaulkt male emote gump, this never happened before and so what do i need to do to STOP this happening all the time?

this was not happening before 5.2b

well i could turn it off as i dontwant it at all, now it keeps auto starting itself
ok under sound options un check the ec play sound and then hit the apply button at bottom

also for the voice thing just select one

then under the pinco ui tab make sure fefault voice sex is unchecked and hit apply again

Remember hit apply NOT ok or X

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
maybe someone can explain why i get a corpse gump on every log in even though there is NO corpse as i am NOT dead

also, how do i remove the broken equipment de buff not interested in that either

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why are you flaming Pinco? I can understand that the Interface is not for everyone, but this sounds not respectfull.

Why you destroyed my macros, user profiles, etc.!?! The use of mods is of your own risk!

U

unified

Why are you flaming Pinco? I can understand that the Interface is not for everyone, but this sounds not respectfull.

Why you destroyed my macros, user profiles, etc.!?! The use of mods is of your own risk!
Sadly, this is the very reason why more people will not provide services for free.

While it is extremely frustrating when something does not work as expected, people forget the fact that what is provided to them is free. Moreover, all of our systems is configured differently. What works on 99 machines may not work on 1. Patience and kind words has always led to a fix for me.

Pinco's Interface is brilliant, but not perfect. I found a problem that my Imbuer/Crafter could not use reforging and would not get a gump when he tried to reforge OR runic craft anything. He would get the initial message asking for a target for reforging, but not a gump. He would get the initial message that he will use regular runic crafting, but still no gump. Since I had not played him in about two months, I knew it had to have been something to do with the latest updates, so I simple deleted his profile and copied his macros from backup. Now he can reforge.

I've developed a number of useful utilities for UO, like one that will copy settings and macros between my characters. However, I will not release them to the public becuase I know that I will not be able to tolerate the backlash of a disgruntled user like Jack. It would not be worth my time and energy, and my words to him in PM would be less respectful.

I am glad his problem was solved, and that Pinco was a good sport through all of this.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me apologize, Not intending to FLame Pinco, as he is obviously doing GREAT WORK!

when things like this go wrong and i don not understand i get very frustrated, but after a chat with Petra, who also helps me with the EC client things are looking better, still hav ethe coprse idoc for some reason?

Like i say, and NO need for others to wade in, the EC was gonig wrong AFTER the update, and hopefully it will not go wrong again for me, and i was not the only one

SO, get back everyone, I am NOT attacking Pinco, long may the UI contiinue............