• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] I've taken a long break, are throwers still viable

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used my wraith thrower to solo Destard, Travesty and Stygian Dragon and Medusa. Has the thrower been nerfed or is this still possible?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Damage on the soul glaive is lower than before, and HCI cap is now 45 on gargoyles.

Other than that they're pretty much the same. You can get 45 LMC on them with plate armor and a blacksmith crafted amulet, or 55 with stone armor (I didn't bother trying this, didn't want to get a crazy amount of granite). Easier on an archer though and composite bows and soul glaives do the same damage now. Only differences are different armor, you need a mount as an archer, and archers use ammo.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's this, plate armor is useful? It was always the thing not to use, what's so good about it now? Do tell!

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, plate and chainmail and I think ringmail now give 1% LMC per piece, above the 40 cap, and reduces stamina loss from damage. Studded and bone and hide (and stone for gargoyles) give 3% LMC per piece above cap and provide lesser stamina loss reduction but still more than leather.

Think these only apply if they don't have mage armor property.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, I spent so much time getting my suit the way I wanted it, I don't even know where to begin.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
And you can also refine studded, bone, stone, woodland and metal armour, sacrificing DCI for a higher resist cap (excellent idea in most cases) or sacrificing resists for extra DCI (VERY poor idea).

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A paragon of purity?.?? I wanna see that paragons chest!
You'd be pretty disappointed, for I am a proud member of the DFC club. :p

Besides, I am like the Witch King of Angmar. No man can defeat me in combat, so no paragon chest for you.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
getting 20% more or less damage from some spells - is just a quantity difference...
getting a hit from a dexxer can do great quality difference (splintering, disarm, dismount, HLA, HLD)
in some situations you can count it is as "who hits first wins"