• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Throwing] I've decided that Throwing... Sucks!

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do not enjoy this skill, so i stoned it off and replaced it with Mace Fighting.

I don't like how it reduces damage at long range and reduces hit chance at close range.

So.. poop on throwing!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only enjoy throwing if another player is acting as a tank and the thrower can stand at range doing the big damage. I made a garg to team up with a tamer for doing mel's but found the fey throwing weapon was next to useless and did far less damage then the comp fey bow. This was double annoying as I had to farm to get that weapon and now it's collecting dust.

All this said I've converted my disco-garg-sami back to human and have not looked back.

PvP they still pack a considerable punch, have amazing suits and are powerfull in group play.

B

Bort of Atlantic

Have you ever watched "Dodgeball"? Chuck Norris thinks throwing projectiles is cool, so it is.

Seriously though, I've been running Slasher of Veils on my wraith thrower solo, and hitting for 240+ is fun. If you work on range so it becomes second nature, or look at throwing as something you can become better at, your opinion may change. I made a mystic/mage/necromancer for champ and mini champ spawns and hated it the first time I tried it out. I died a lot and couldn't kill things quickly. Instead of saying mysticism sucks, I adjusted tactics and am now much better at playing that character.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I don't like how it reduces damage at long range and reduces hit chance at close range.
Get 140+ STR for max range (11). Your damage will not be reduced when range is 10.
Get 100+ DEX. Your hit chance will not be reduced at close range.

Have archers some weapon as good as Soul Glaive for PvM?
Compare damage, range, speed, special moves.

Gargs needn't arrows/bolts.
Gargs can drink potions or use shields.
Gargs have 62 resists on an armor piece (except gorget) without imbue.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
6-8 range is good.
I like throwing big damage than archery,however I use only slasher and scalis...

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On prodo i did use my thrower only for things like slasher, stygian dragon, corgul. Tbh im not really sure what to do with that char atm, but it didnt suck.

However i have another thrower on siege and it rocks there for pvm. Using only cyclones both ranged or melee style if needed, not needing ammo, 1 handed weapon with good damage. Works really well there, can solo both sa spawns using only a mediocre imbued suit and no arties at all.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gargs have 62 resists on an armor piece (except gorget) without imbue.
Oh really?! Neato. I was about to imbue a suit for my poopy garg thrower.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have you ever watched "Dodgeball"? Chuck Norris thinks throwing projectiles is cool, so it is.

Seriously though, I've been running Slasher of Veils on my wraith thrower solo, and hitting for 240+ is fun. If you work on range so it becomes second nature, or look at throwing as something you can become better at, your opinion may change. I made a mystic/mage/necromancer for champ and mini champ spawns and hated it the first time I tried it out. I died a lot and couldn't kill things quickly. Instead of saying mysticism sucks, I adjusted tactics and am now much better at playing that character.
How did you manage 240+ damage w/ Throwing skill?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So you did come here to troll about something you do not even know how it works? Thread belongs into uhall imho, that place is full of that ****.
My intention was not to troll, but to express my dissapointment with throwing. You're correct, i know little about the skill. Maybe you can educate me on the topic. In th meantime, ill post a templet thread; feel free to give me some pointers.

B

Bort of Atlantic

Armor ignore with a soul glaive btw. I run in wraith form to leech mana, but even without wraith form, you can AI pretty often.