• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its true..

• Thread starter EveningKiss
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

EveningKiss

After being gone for almost 3 years I will be coming back to draw my rein of terror lol. Ive missed this game alot in the time ive been gone but its time for me to come back. It will be strange but good to be back. (Hopefuly my red cu side will be there to welcome me)

Im hoping some of my old friends will be here still but i will not hold my breath =)

E

EveningKiss

now THERE is an old friend =) What have I missed other then the Gargoyle invasion *grins* I would join today but i work tonight and tomarrow and 12 hr nights makes it hard to play 18 hrs a day like i useto lol

O

Ovrkill

damn girl! it has been a while :)

welcome back!

hope your well.

E

EveningKiss

Hey Overkill =) good to see some old faces. Hmm I have a new house, new job new boy toy *who useto play UO* and well a new life and i am ready to resume my addiction of choice - hey its cheaper then coke right?

E

EveningKiss

SO... Who is using the new version of the game and who is still using the old? Im trying REALLY hard to figure this new 3d client out. I couldnt even recognize my fox when i pulled him out! let alone try to figure the rest out.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO... Who is using the new version of the game and who is still using the old? Im trying REALLY hard to figure this new 3d client out. I couldnt even recognize my fox when i pulled him out! let alone try to figure the rest out.

I am in the middle of the transition from the classic client to the enhanced client. Its defently worth it in my eyes. It has so many advantages

E

EveningKiss

Aye. I played in the OLD 3d (could never stand how small my backpack was in 2d) Just wish i didnt feel like a noob lol

D

Dain

After this latest Pub im thinking of changing to EC myself.

I might wait for 1-2 small patches so they can fix up any bugs they introduced with the new pub, but after that im thinking of going cold turkey from the classic client to EC.

E

EveningKiss

Im trying to figure out the Macros in the new client. The graphics are nicebut my internet is SOOO Laggy (Dont get fios) that i am having a hard time testin the Macros.

F

Fink

I'm almost exclusively an Enhanced Client user.

I say almost because I do patch-up the Classic Client whenever there's a patch to be had. I don't use it, so perhaps it's just habit.

The EC Forum is often helpful and, although some of us tend to be defeatist about getting bug fixes and client enhancements, the devs seem to be paying attention to what is said there.

Spellweave.com has a guide to the Enhanced Client. I'm not sure how current it is as it refers to it as the SA client, a name they dropped last year when it was clear the client and SA expansion weren't going to ship together. The EC has alternately been called SA, 3D, KR ever since, and is still called UOSA according to the installation, so it's not like they eliminated any confusion by changing the name.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spellweave as far as content goes is the only site that deals with the EC. The ONLY difference between the SA client user guide and the EC client user guide is the NAME.

It is as up to date as the 'last' patch, of which 'fixed' content is not included as as I am leaving so don't see the point in maintaining it. However, other than some minor fixes in the last patch it is pretty much up to date. Certainly enough to learn the client on.

Just another thing that annoys the crap out of me I guess. When the client was in 'focus' group even before beta I was asking about nomenclature, as I could see a major problem in calling it the SA client when there was the SA expansion as part and parcel of the release. I pointed out way back then that it was gonna be extrememly confusing that they were calling a 'client' and an 'expansion' the same thing, when one was not mutually exclusive of the other, ie you could play the SA without using the 'new client'. I got pretty much shouted down when I suggested they call the CLIENT something other than SA.

Of course as soon as they released it all they found the exact problem I said would arise so altered the name of the client to the Enhanced Client, from the SA Client, by which time I couldn't be assed to change all the name references in the guide. The reason I had bought it up in the first place was to avoid the problem prior to working on the guide.

Anyways, just another example of beating your head against a UO Wall.