• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It's been a while!

• Thread starter Orion's Belt
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
O

Orion's Belt

Yo Oceania!

I used to play around here years ago, and managed to find my old accounts.

I've had an urge to play again, but wanted to know if there was still anyone playing? I might reactivate my account(s) :p

Turns out my old stratics account by the same username got deleted or something, and my old email account is associated to a stratics account that isn't even mine.

So anyway, hey hey!

F

Fink

Hallows and welcome back, sir.

I remember you from some time ago, although my mind struggles with precision on the whenabouts.

There seems to be a changing of the guard around here; some veteran players returning, some leaving. I do hope you decide to stay.

O

Orion's Belt

Hallows and welcome back, sir.

I remember you from some time ago, although my mind struggles with precision on the whenabouts.

There seems to be a changing of the guard around here; some veteran players returning, some leaving. I do hope you decide to stay.
G'day Fink,

I remember you clearly from the boards, years ago, I don't believe our paths crossed often in-game, however. You, my friend, have stamina!

I'm glad there are some people posting on the forums, let alone familiar people. :)

O

Orion's Belt

Looks like the stratics forums aren't the social hub they used to be!

However, I'm downloading the client. Might create one of those trial accounts to see how things are going, will renew my old account if I can see myself playing often. :)

O

Orion's Belt

I've been through a few.

Started with BCB, have had some RPish Wars with SoE/VKR/ORB as GM of my guild PwR.

Ahh, AOD was the last guild I was in before I stopped playing.

I left in around 2005 I reckon.

But I'm back, should be out on the battle field soon :)

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been through a few.

Started with BCB, have had some RPish Wars with SoE/VKR/ORB as GM of my guild PwR.

Ahh, AOD was the last guild I was in before I stopped playing.

I left in around 2005 I reckon.

But I'm back, should be out on the battle field soon :)
I remember PwR. Getting majorly ganked everytime i went near WBB by you an your ilk. Good times..

O

Orion's Belt

I remember PwR. Getting majorly ganked everytime i went near WBB by you an your ilk. Good times..
Hahaha, there were some excellent wars back then. I have some screen shots lying around on some old HDD's I'll try and recover, 10 on 10 on 10 on 10 kinda stuff. :)

D

Dain

Arge, way to add an extra wrinkle to my face.

UO makes me feel so old!

Plz do try and pull up the oldies screenies; I bet I would be in some ^^

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Arge, way to add an extra wrinkle to my face.

UO makes me feel so old!

Plz do try and pull up the oldies screenies; I bet I would be in some ^^
UO makes you feel old? I was 12 when i started uo... 22 now :gee:

Yes please do.. i would like to see some...

*wishes uo was like it used to be*

Calis

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed it has. The only two people i recognise so far on the board are Clog, fink and orion's.

Currently downloading a trial to see what the game's like at the moment.

Used to play Calis Riakel, Jarel Redburn, Marius Fellion Veldrin Riakel and some others i can't for the life of me remember as well as be a Companion waaaay back in the day.

V

Venus_AUPK

Welcome back good to see some old faces returning.

I pvped back then on Venus or THE CHOSON ONE.
Remember Twizzer from AoD and Veldrin Rikel from BMG. (I have your old ICQ numbers if u would like them)
Not sure what guild i was in at the time ToH, R>N, -E-, One, AoD, AoC or BMG I remember hating VKR n there blue uniforms n guild taxes

I dont play as much as i used to but might be worth logging in for some pvp n easy insurance money

F

Fink

I had a strong aesthetic aversion to the default dye tub blue on the kilts of the VKR uniform but otherwise they seemed like an admirable bunch. I have a creepy little shrine to one of their former lords - my first mentor and the person who got me into UO - Feenicks. It's at the back of my castle north of Minoc (rune at my west Luna house).

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed it has. The only two people i recognise so far on the board are Clog, fink and orion's.

Currently downloading a trial to see what the game's like at the moment.

Used to play Calis Riakel, Jarel Redburn, Marius Fellion Veldrin Riakel and some others i can't for the life of me remember as well as be a Companion waaaay back in the day.
ZOMG VELDRIN! LONG TIME NO SEE

**IS QUICKSILVER

EDIT: Drag multani back, and we can remake BMG lol. All we are missing is Geri II, Bladron(wont come back), darkhawk or whatever his name was, and Quintaris is around here somewhere. Im sure i missed a few, but im getting pretty mad memory loss in my old age

P

Piccolo(UO:R)

Hi all, im in the same boat. I stopped playing about 6-7 years ago and am just now thinking about playing again. I found my old account but i havent checked it yet so i dont know how my chars are.
From what ive been reading the games done a complete 180. I considered my chars pretty powerful back in the day but i suppose ill be a noob should i activate my account.
So what does everyone think? Is the game still worth it?

V

Venus_AUPK

UO is UO it always will be no matter what they do to it

No one ever really truly quits

C u soon :)

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, im in the same boat. I stopped playing about 6-7 years ago and am just now thinking about playing again. I found my old account but i havent checked it yet so i dont know how my chars are.
From what ive been reading the games done a complete 180. I considered my chars pretty powerful back in the day but i suppose ill be a noob should i activate my account.
So what does everyone think? Is the game still worth it?
in short. get ur ass back on oceania.

but to answer ur question, the game is definately worth it.. not sure what era u stopped playing in, but the speed in the game has increased dramatically.

V

Venus_AUPK

I think he means the speed of PvP mainly with spells casting a lot faster than T2A era and weapons that swing every 1.25 seconds unlike the old days before SSI

E

EveningKiss

Looks like we're int he same boat =) I'll be back Tuesday right when i get home from work. Seems like alot of us old rats keep coming back. I wounder if its because of the cheese?

Frankly ive played ALOT of free games since leaving but they were all kind of the same. There is only so many games you can play where you kill / level / kill / level without any real goal before you get BORED.