• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Its been a long 10 years off....

Hello all!

I recently came back after taking a 10 year break from UO. Luckily my account was restored with all my gear and characters intact. Soooo whats new? Anything in particular I should be doing? Any awesome hunts I should be looking into??? Any info would be appreciated.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome back to the community! :)

A new expansion came out about 6 months ago called Time of Legends. It added some fun stuff. A lot has changed in 10 years too.

Whyterose

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello all!

I recently came back after taking a 10 year break from UO. Luckily my account was restored with all my gear and characters intact. Soooo whats new? Anything in particular I should be doing? Any awesome hunts I should be looking into??? Any info would be appreciated.
Welcome back! I have just came back to the game a few weeks ago having been gone for 5-6 years and m having a great time with all the new content! My guild on Great Lakes is still active, its been a great homecoming for me! :)

Thelas

Visitor
I just got my account recovered as well, I am on Chessy. I think its been about 10-12 years. I am completely lost haha. Thanks for posting these guides.

I posted on the chessy forums but I'm not sure if Chessy is active. There is three of us returning :)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I just got my account recovered as well, I am on Chessy. I think its been about 10-12 years. I am completely lost haha. Thanks for posting these guides.

I posted on the chessy forums but I'm not sure if Chessy is active. There is three of us returning :)
Atlantic is more active if you are looking for a bigger, more vibrant community. It would be worth your while to transfer if you intend to come back long term. And if you come back to ATL and are looking for some help, give me a shout.

Good luck!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Welcome Home my friend.

The Road to Adventure awaits thee

*Raises a glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in Salute*

Thelas

Visitor
Atlantic is more active if you are looking for a bigger, more vibrant community. It would be worth your while to transfer if you intend to come back long term. And if you come back to ATL and are looking for some help, give me a shout.

Good luck!
Anything I need to know before transferring? Will all bank items come as well?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards

there is a lot of active on Chessy, just give a shout in general chat. Also be sure to check UORadio.com for weekly event s and gold giveways

Thank you for the link! I am also a new player and pretty lost -- Those patch notes are pretty helpful, but I would love to know "where I should start." The last quest I actively remember doing was the Grizelda the Hag quest and also one of the human to elf quests after my first time reactivating. That time, I however did not get as back into the game as I plan on this time so I believe I was just on autopilot. My original home is Lake Superior but it seems as if everyone's on Atlantic so I plan to send some over there. :) Thank you so much again!!!