• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items that Block Placement

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Make sure that when you attempt to place a home that you look all over the plot for items that might block placement.

I almost gave up on placement but instead took a char to Fel to see if the house was placed in the same spot there. I found a keep placed in the same spot and I went over the plot section by section with a small 7 x 7 home to see what area was blocked.

I found an old pot of stew that looked like a round mushroom on the ground and the stew was blocking placement. I was lucky and got a GM who was nice enough to move the stew and the keep immediately placed. So make sure you use control shift and check each small section of the plot to find the blocking items.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, that stew can be a bugger... but maybe in this case it worked to your advantage, maybe someone else tried to get that keep spot and simply gave up ;) congratulations on your new home!

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's what I was thinking because it looked as if an 18 x 18 was there before.

L

Lord Drakelord

I saw stew today on Sonoma, a really nice place, but the GM would not come and remove it, so I left it.

Pfloyd

Colorblind Collector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw stew today on Sonoma, a really nice place, but the GM would not come and remove it, so I left it.
That is just rediculous. Undecaying Stew is just another black eye on the new Dev's whether they were part of the coding or not. They should know that it does nothing for them not to help remove it. I have had 3 GM's get rid of it for me so i could place but that was over 5 months ago.

ejpeters

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you should go and recheck the spot because the message was that they could not help me with the issue but the stew was removed.
I assumed that they did not remove it but when I looked down it was gone.

L

Lord Drakelord

Well you should go and recheck the spot because the message was that they could not help me with the issue but the stew was removed.
I assumed that they did not remove it but when I looked down it was gone.
still there

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You got a dumb GM, page again at a different time when you have some time to wait around and get them to remove it. I think you can put the coords in your page and they'll go take care of it.