• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

items lag

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
How it looks:
Client reacts on (some) your actions with big delay. For example, I drag an item I see "empty" cursor for a few seconds then the item suddenly appear under cursor (sometimes it's not the item I was going to drag but some item that was on the way of my cursor).
As a result it takes me 1 minute to drag few items from one bag to another.

When it happens:
When I do something with large amount of items.

Examples:

1. Training crafting skill
I put resources in a bag, select "make max" from menu, recycle (blacksmith/tailor) or moving the bag itself (with all items inside it) to a trash chest (carpenter/tinker).
I had to log off/log on every 1-2 hours to remove this lag.

2. Sorting items
This means moving (a lot of) them from one bag (or BOD book) to another.

3. Looting corpses
It happens if I take something from corpses not just opening/closing.
Now (when doing minispawn in Abyss dungeon) I don't loot gold, plain gems, etc to avoid (reduce) this lag.

What do you suggest?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that's just a client problem, one of the cause of crash also... The client keep storing the item data until your memory it's too full to manage the whole data and you crash (or just lag badly on strong pcs).
The same happens when you see many mobiles or dynamic items...

I'm reaseaching a solution by a long time, but the only one I see it's fixing the garbage collector inside the client... and I can't do that :p