• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Items color once but not again?

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was wondering how is it that sometimes you can color an item with plant dyes but then you try it again on another object of the exact type and it doesn't work? It's happened to me a few times. I colored a barrel of ale purple (was after it fermented), then I try to color another barrel and it won't let me. I've tried to color another barrel of ale at various stages, before adding ale, while it's fermenting, after it's mature, and none will let me color it again. It's also happened with other items like the gargoyle chests. They were items I bought and didn't make, since I don't have the levels to make them yet.

Anyone happen to know why? Am I don't something wrong or is it a fluke? I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask this but I wasn't sure where else to post.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Hum, I haven't had that problem yet. However the only items I've dyed are spell books, totem of the void, and other items. I'll give it a try tomorrow to see if I have the same results. I never even thought about dying my brew barrels.

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah I figured I'd try to dye my barrels so there can be house ales and guest ales distinguished by the color. Just something I wanted to try out for a small tavern. Just bugs me when I've tried to dye other items and I get all happy that it colors nice to deco with it and then I go to get more of the item only to find out they won't take color lol. So for now I'm saving all my colored items that took the first time, hoping I'll be able to color matching items for my house deco.

So if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, or had this happen too and found a fix for it, please let me know! Thanks :D

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
*note to self* make list of items that can be dyed. :). I'll start posting it as I go. Love the idea of using dyes to tell the different brews apart.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Still finding out what can be dyed. Think I found the quirk with the drink barrels. I made some out of regular wood, exceptional and not. Neither could be dyed. Then I did the same using the special woods. No problem dying them. Now to try it on other wood containers. List is coming along slowly. So many things to dye. ;)

Venora Rhyse

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Great job on figuring it out to use special woods! Soon as I get my carpentry up enough I'll be sure to try it. I bet that's how it's done with the gargoyle chests too then. Thanks so much for solving the mystery! :D I love the idea of being able to dye things to match or go with various themes so I'm looking forward to your list! Congrats again on figuring it all out! :thumbup:

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Glad I was able to solve one of the mysteries. The gargoyle chest is really being strange. I made three yesterday. Plain wood, ash, and oak. Was able to dye all three. Love the look. Going to do the experiment again to make sure I did what I thought I did.
:rolleyes: I was going to make one post about things that can be dyed. But been having so much fun running around dying I forgot to writ it down. Now to go back and organize the results and find more stuff.