• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It makes me wonder if it's true.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the years I have seen various people saying that it seems as if EA/Broadsword were making it so difficult for people to keep their accounts open that they would quit. Today I got a dose at first hand. I have 3 accounts and today I had an e-mail notification that one was account was closed as the card had been refused. No problem that is because I have a new card. So i tried to log in and the saga begins, it wont recognise my password, tried a couple of times in case i had typed it wrong but no it wasn't having any. So I tried one of my other ACTIVE accounts but NO, i can't log in there either.So eventually i was down to resetting my password, that wasn't particularly easy either but I managed it in the end. So my troubles are over?. Are they hell, now it wont recognise my NEW password either. After a couple of attempts at that I was then informed that my account was locked for 30 minutes. So now I have 2 ACTIVE accounts I cannot play and one inactive one I cannot renew. I must admit I play much less these days and I am beginning to think the last straw is in the offing. So the question really is, is it true?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would wager that the money lost from the horrible account management site and the 3rd party sights selling store items at cheaper prices over the last few years is likely in the six figure range. Couple that with wretched customer service and well...

EA/Broadsword have NO ONE to blame for that lost revenue but themselves.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Over the years I have seen various people saying that it seems as if EA/Broadsword were making it so difficult for people to keep their accounts open that they would quit. Today I got a dose at first hand. I have 3 accounts and today I had an e-mail notification that one was account was closed as the card had been refused. No problem that is because I have a new card. So i tried to log in and the saga begins, it wont recognise my password, tried a couple of times in case i had typed it wrong but no it wasn't having any. So I tried one of my other ACTIVE accounts but NO, i can't log in there either.So eventually i was down to resetting my password, that wasn't particularly easy either but I managed it in the end. So my troubles are over?. Are they hell, now it wont recognise my NEW password either. After a couple of attempts at that I was then informed that my account was locked for 30 minutes. So now I have 2 ACTIVE accounts I cannot play and one inactive one I cannot renew. I must admit I play much less these days and I am beginning to think the last straw is in the offing. So the question really is, is it true?
The Account Management page for UO is a nightmare! Trust me they want your money but they're too lazy to fix the page for good. Here's some threads with similar issues... maybe one of them has an answer for you

More problems giving EA/Mythic/Broadsword/Origin money
Account management
How does one update a credit card/billing info on file?

@AtlanticRealtor has a lot of experience with the account management and has helped others in the past, maybe try reaching out to him. I only pay with Game Time these days myself to avoid having these problems, good luck with the resolution :)

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Bobar are you updating your CC info on origin.com right??
I dont think it works on eamythic website

This is another reason MOST of US been using Game Time Code and Not CC... I really dont understand why it is so hard to understand!!
Yes, they have a problem with their Acc Mgmt, this is happening for the past 5+ years and if We ALL know about this problem, why not just adapt in the meantime?? Just go to origin.com buy a Game Time Code (6 months is cheaper on the long way, $10 a month) and apply the code. I mean, You safe bc you are not sharing your CC on EA anymore!!

But back to your problem, EA handles the payment, this is the bottom line fact, if your CC failed, they are the ones that need to update the info, they are the one that will block your access to eamythic (UO), there is many links on stratics, even I post a bunch of them, you need to contact them (call) and have them fix.
Let me know if you need any help on get this done :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is another reason MOST of US been using Game Time Code and Not CC... I really dont understand why it is so hard to understand!!
Yes, they have a problem with their Acc Mgmt, this is happening for the past 5+ years and if We ALL know about this problem, why not just adapt in the meantime?? Just go to origin.com buy a Game Time Code (6 months is cheaper on the long way, $10 a month) and apply the code. I mean, You safe bc you are not sharing your CC on EA anymore!!
This.

Don't worry the new account management is coming soon I'm sure....!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
@Bobar I hope you can get your accounts back soon, it's so frustrating when things like this happen! I use game time codes now because I've seen so many people struggling to update credit card info, they really need to get the account management system sorted out! :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are, I'm guessing, bearing in mind there are 3 types of account now, with potentially 3 passwords?

I usually log in with my EA account - which is my email address. The password for that I got by doing 'lost password' the first time we encountered them.
Then there's the Mythic account, which is your game account with _UO tagged on the end, initially this used the same password as the game account they'd associated it with, but that could be changed and become an entirely different password, now disassociated with the game account, which has its own password.

If you once manage to log in to your EA account updating the credit card is pretty easy. I did it last week on our accounts. There's a page, and a video, that you can follow. I use this page: Account Management - Old Stratics

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
@Petra Fyde you are 100% right!
I understand that the way we have now is a totally disaster to manage!
But folks need to understand one thing, the MAIN website that control EVERYTHING related to UO payments is EA (www.origin.com) and We need to make the Stratics MOD to make a "stick" section on How the "system" work.

Just put this way, if you CAN access origin.com with your email that is what matter and that is what is most important, remember that www.origin.com and Broadsword | Account Management they BOTH share the SAME info, meaning, the same email and password that you use to access origin , will be the same to access eamythic and MOST like if you can access Origin , but cant access the other, is either payment related or Ban from UO for some other reason, but if you can Still access your UO Game, that means it is "payment" related...if that can make any sense for you, I know it is complicated.....

But what I dont understand is, If We all know that they have this problems for the past 5+ years why in hell you can just ADAPT (my favority word for UO).
Yes ADAPT, stop using CC and use Game Time Code. ANYONE nowadays have a paypal account or you can go to Walmart and buy an EA card, use whatever methods you can to ADAPT and buy a Game Time Code and apply to the account... and you than notice that 90%+ of your problems with acc mgmt will be gone!!!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have issues with having to ADAPT to give a company my money, when they should gladly and willingly take it however I give it to them!

Thats why they and BS get away with such ****ty customer service, because everyone, instead of quitting them and ganging up on them, 'adapts' with some workaround. A company selling a product should be coming to us wanting our money, not us having to 'adapt' to anything in order to pay them.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Petra Fyde you are 100% right!
I understand that the way we have now is a totally disaster to manage!
But folks need to understand one thing, the MAIN website that control EVERYTHING related to UO payments is EA (www.origin.com) and We need to make the Stratics MOD to make a "stick" section on How the "system" work.

Just put this way, if you CAN access origin.com with your email that is what matter and that is what is most important, remember that www.origin.com and Broadsword | Account Management they BOTH share the SAME info, meaning, the same email and password that you use to access origin , will be the same to access eamythic and MOST like if you can access Origin , but cant access the other, is either payment related or Ban from UO for some other reason, but if you can Still access your UO Game, that means it is "payment" related...if that can make any sense for you, I know it is complicated.....

But what I dont understand is, If We all know that they have this problems for the past 5+ years why in hell you can just ADAPT (my favority word for UO).
Yes ADAPT, stop using CC and use Game Time Code. ANYONE nowadays have a paypal account or you can go to Walmart and buy an EA card, use whatever methods you can to ADAPT and buy a Game Time Code and apply to the account... and you than notice that 90%+ of your problems with acc mgmt will be gone!!!
The problem is that this becomes a catch 22... if we as players "adapt" to work around the problem, then from EA perspective there is not a problem that needs to be fixed.

If every time you went to (insert your generic shopping destination) THEY had some problem with their credit card machine... the answer is not to just always shop there with cash. Yes, you might start taking cash just in case, but you would still expect that they would fix the problem.

Make no mistake, this IS costing our game some of its profits, so it affects us all.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
I understand that... I know we were no supposed to adapt...but are you going to gamble that with your account and belongs??

@Merus I understand and I am not defending BS but I think They had to adapt as well with all the EA CC problems... Why do you think they have the ingame store now?? We have to use the ingame store now to buy all the tokens we need, forged tools and so on... I think BS "Adapted" as well, bc of EA, for the fact that EA wont allow us to buy multiple of the same item, it is a pain in the @ss and Now with the ingame store , you can just add the Sovereigns and buy as much as you need, in my opinion that is some sort of "adapting" . You have to remember that UO/BS team are "small" and they dont have much power over EA for a lot of the current issues.

Last edited:

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I understand that... I know we were no supposed to adapt...but are you going to gamble that with your account and belongs??

@Merus I understand and I am not defending BS but I think They had to adapt as well with all the EA CC problems... Why do you think they have the ingame store now?? We have to use the ingame store now to buy all the tokens we need, forged tools and so on... I think BS "Adapted" as well, bc of EA, for the fact that EA wont allow us to buy multiple of the same item, it is a pain in the @ss and Now with the ingame store , you can just add the Sovereigns and buy as much as you need, in my opinion that is some sort of "adapting" . You have to remember that UO/BS team are "small" and they dont have much power over EA for a lot of the current issues.
The folks at BS have more on the line here than we do. For most of us UO is our hobby... for them it is thier livelihood.

The ingame store is a step in the right direction, unfortunately even that still relies on the Origin store.

Not long ago I needed a transfer token and some pet bonding potions... now those items can be bought from the ingame store and aren't readily available on Napa... but are honestly more expensive than some of the "other" sites. I was in a hurry, but thought I would give EA a chance... it took 3 days to get my sovereign code.

Think I will make that mistake again?

Think I am the only one?

There are people out there that want our money and go to great lengths to provide the items and services that we should be getting from EA.

We are just as real of a customer for EA as any other player for any other game. As long as we continue to work around the crap we are served we will continue to get served crap.

AtlanticRealtor

ICQ 647752375
Stratics Veteran
Not Much I can say on That LOL
been there, Done that!

What I learned so far and again "adapt" myself for, If you buy anything on Origin you Must pay with Paypal or those EA Cards, other than that If you use a regular CC, the transaction can take up to 3 days!, for the same reason that I had to go to other "ways" to get the token right away

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
The account management system as a whole has evolved into the absolutely worst non user friendly system I have seen period. Getting help with it is also a very laborious endeavor.

I have not had the problems many of you have had with credit card payments. In fact, never had a problem all these years.

The system as a whole though is just poor and creates issues that really do not need to be happening. The sooner Boradsword gets it fixed up the better.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not long ago I needed a transfer token and some pet bonding potions... now those items can be bought from the ingame store and aren't readily available on Napa... but are honestly more expensive than some of the "other" sites. I was in a hurry, but thought I would give EA a chance... it took 3 days to get my sovereign code.
There is one site I have used repeatedly for years, and never had a problem with delivery or honesty. And they deliver it to you then, and if you want, you can buy multiple of an item at one transaction without having to do each item separately!!!! What a concept, eh?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ingame store is a step in the right direction, unfortunately even that still relies on the Origin store.
I really was looking forward to the new in game store but unfortunately it was bit of a let down.

Before I would buy the code for the item I wanted on Origin.com then redeem it in game or on the website. Easy.

Now I have to (still) go to Origin.com buy the sovereigns, then login to my account and redeem them. Then log into the game and use the sovereigns to claim my item.

It should be LESS steps, not more!

As for the account management and people having issues with CC's expiring and being declined I can relate to this.

I've not personally had a problem but a friend did. His account was banned when all that FIFA hacking was going on. NOTHING to do with UO directly but Origin account is tied to Mythic/UO account so his whole lot got banned. By the time it was sorted his house had fallen and he had just lost faith in it all. I don't blame him tbh.

As soon as I heard about this I removed my credit card from the system and moved over to game time cards which I buy using PayPal.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE FIX THE ACCOUNT MIS-MANAGEMENT BEFORE ADDING MY LITTLE PONY TO THE GAME!!! - Its way more important.

Last edited:

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is one site I have used repeatedly for years, and never had a problem with delivery or honesty. And they deliver it to you then, and if you want, you can buy multiple of an item at one transaction without having to do each item separately!!!! What a concept, eh?
Yep, I used a third party site too. Many times. Their payment system was flawless and their customer service nothing short of excellent. It was a really good experience every time I used it. Kind of like the polar opposite of EA. I even used to get loyalty points from it and got free stuff.

Demethar

Visitor
I wonder what would happen if one of those "search" sites bought UO off EA/Broadsword. I bet they make enough money to handle a few server machines here and there.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, they just did a bad job with it.

StressBall

Adventurer
I have had friends quit the game only to find their accounts available for sale n gold websites.

How does that happen?

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have had friends quit the game only to find their accounts available for sale n gold websites.

How does that happen?
Probably because they sold them to the site or was their chars so unique that you can say yes that is "Toms" Account, I think not.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And my latest status is - sent an e-mail to support and got a reply requesting I send an e-mail to billing detailing my problem - why could't they transfer my e-mail to them as it had that info on? anyway i just copied my e-mail and sent it to billing, I currently await a reply. With regard to my other 2 accounts after trying to access them again yesterday I did manage to get one working. Tho still cannot get the third account to work because at the log in screen I am presented with

LOGIN1.jpg It wants me to agree to the TOS but of course there is nowhere for me to do that. What a mess.It seems to me that linking accounts is a disaster.One goes inactive and all 3 went haywire. What a way to run a railroad.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Last time I logged into my account management page, a few days ago, I also got a ToS agreement thing pop-up, I don't think I ever saw that happen before, or if it did it was so long ago I can't remember it!

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And my latest status is - sent an e-mail to support and got a reply requesting I send an e-mail to billing detailing my problem - why could't they transfer my e-mail to them as it had that info on? anyway i just copied my e-mail and sent it to billing, I currently await a reply. With regard to my other 2 accounts after trying to access them again yesterday I did manage to get one working. Tho still cannot get the third account to work because at the log in screen I am presented with

View attachment 60115 It wants me to agree to the TOS but of course there is nowhere for me to do that. What a mess.It seems to me that linking accounts is a disaster.One goes inactive and all 3 went haywire. What a way to run a railroad.
Ummm this might sound like a dumb question but are scrolling that bar to the right all the way down..? Pretty sure it needs to be at the bottom before you can continue
upload_2017-1-11_15-2-35.png

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for replying and yes I had scrolled it all the way to the bottom but was expecting the acceptance to be under the screed. If anyone else gets this you then have to click the blue arrow at the bottom on the right, like an idiot i had not noticed that or assumed it was part of the surround. So at least my 2 active accounts are both working. Still battling with the convoluted paths to renew my subscription but I am getting there. Only problem is I am really beginning to wonder if it is worth the bother for the short periods I now play

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
When this has happened to me a couple times over the years I can usually get in and pay it manually. Right after that the original charge goes through also and I pay twice with no extended game time. I consider this a donation. It's not worth the bull to get it straightened out.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Ditto. They buy them from EA anyway so the money filters back to EA. At least with tokens and such. I know back in the day many of these places were registered with EA and got a quantity discount. Not sure how that works now. I was just at the Origin site and my account hadn't been used in awhile so my password didn't work anymore and they wanted me to reset it. How about no lol

Ruppy2

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder what would happen if one of those "search" sites bought UO off EA/Broadsword. I bet they make enough money to handle a few server machines here and there.
What makes you think they didn't, or have a cooperative work agreement?