• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

It Happened Again !

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok maybe some of you remember that Sally's lost her Orc and Britannian ships time ago, for an unknow reason. ( they were linked to the lighthouse house add-on, daily refreshed etc etc ) .
Then She had a donation , both ships were replaced from those lovely peoples at WBB .
Today it happened again !
I dropped the Orc ship outside home but drydocked couple minute after because the dog wanted to go for a walk. This happened five days ago.
Tonight i wanted to go hunt some pirates and merchants but *poof*, Orc ship is no more. AND IT WAS ON MY BACKPACK !!!
I checked both accounts characters, every chest/bag at home and nothing. So i asked for GM assistance. Always the same "copy&paste" sorry i can't find anything nor can help you.
I'm just one step away to close both accounts, main one is 160 months because THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE !!! We can't loose valuable stuff for a BUG and , as a customers, we can't get a "refund" .
In other words : You buy a Brit ship, you loose it for a game bug, and they don't refund. Hey ! This NOT the right way me think, huh ?
Anyway...because Europe has good folks i had a donation of some "ruined ship plans".
I'm after the number 1, 4, and 6 if anyone has them as spare / to sell.
Thanks in advance.
Andrew.
p.s. The UO staff SHOULD look into the ships issues because this happened to "me" twice, but sadly i'm not the only one. It need a serious check.

**Moderators note--this was posted as an article in error. The content was pulled unaltered into this single post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've lost 2 Britannia ships so far, both were linked to the light house but not refreshed every day, so should have gone to the moving crate right?

I still have the runes for them in my rune book but when recalling on them it says ship is dry docked.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You've lost me there, what is worth a try? If you mean recalling onto the ship runes, I've already tried it for both ships and it doesn't work. Called a GM who said they couldn't replace lost items...

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh though you were asking about the relocating crate - not checked it yet. That's why i said also "good luck" sorry. Sadly i assume you already checked and, like, me , nothing was inside the crate. The fun part is my runes says : can't locate the ship, also the harbor npc won't give new runes because the ship doesn't exist.
After 160 months of playing i can't believe that a Game Master can't replace the lost stuff . I've had a chat just yesterday night on General chat with someone who said that they gave the lost stuff back. I've lost also a Britannian ship myself in the past and they are expensive.

What is REALLY upsetting me is : my Orc ship was drydocked and inside my backpack. Items were like 25/125 and weight was like 50/500 . Again, after 160 months of playing "i think" i know what to do and what not. I checked every house container and both accounts ( every character, every bank )
So, now, items disappear from our backpack. Whats next, they could gone *poof* from our bank ??!!

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Email Mesanna and see if you are lucky, and she can help somehow to find the lost items.
I suppose if they can be found in some dark area in a server they can give them back, but if for some reason, the item has been deleted from the server/game, I doubt they can replace for a new one, as its massively open for people to exploit for ``Lost items´´ they claim to have.

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I did in the past when my first Orc also my Britannian ship gone *poof* while they were both drydocked also linked to the lighthouse addon ...
This was something like 1 year ago, or so...
I still don't see any answer :(