• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] It ain't sellin...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Shame loot has flooded the system. worthless on the basic levels (would have been better than everyone's Billion+suits = pre-imbuing) - when gold carried value!, There is way too much of it on the mediocre levels. And quite a bit of in on the uber level. It seems like all the buying prices set in the billions and hundreds of millions are all dying out or aren't reaching the bid minimums...

Without naming people (mods, please remove anyone who tries to name someone in a neg manor). - Why isn't uber armor selling?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because people are currently just maxing stats on templates they already had. Only a handful of people i think are really taking the new loot to the next logical level, which would be hybrid templates.

Ive bought a ton of loot, its selling just for not for very much. like you said, market is flooded with average legendaries. i dont even bother looting most stuff now unless its all high resists and 5 plus mods that line up.

theres definitely rareish combos tho. hpr is harder to find, the right skill combo jewels, cf, eaters. basic mage heavy stuff just doesnt seem to be needed.

i think we would need some new very difficult pvm content for the average player to begin actually paying for legendaries.

that being said, i still havent found the ONE thing i wanted from this latest loot patch.

15hci
15dci
45 or more skill points that kinda go together.

thats it, i didnt think it would be that hard to find but guess i was wrong.

Last edited:

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I see a turn in the market, more suit selling, than piece selling, some are nice, but so weird ya gotta make em fit, have a suit pre fitted, BABAM!!

and like the ring example above, theres allot of cool jewelry combos now possible. thats gonna keep selling
specially since they all basically antique

Lord X

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah must be getting soft. Offer up what someone paid 300m for last week yeilds no bids this week.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 10 stam/8 lmc pieces with high resists and other stats are still pretty rare and selling very well :)
Most people have multiple warriors and can use a few of these.

SoulWeaver

King of The Bearded Ladies
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am selling stuff on a normal basis. The biggest thing right now is people want them to be almost perfect.

For example theres tons of "Good ****" dropping but if it only has 2 Lmc.. or 5 LRC and a bunch of sick mods.... Its harder to use this in a suit unless you specifically build around it.

So the pieces that are really going to sell well are the ones that are totallyed Maxed Out with 8 LMC, 20 LRC, regens stats etc etc.... because someone can just pop a piece out, stick that in and bam they have extra resists/stats and it makes there already done suit even better....

But yes the market is flooding and a lot items aren't going to be worth much but the ones that are totally maxed will still remain "Rarer" and keep a decent value.

So its got good and bad to it...... Good thing new players or players that don't have a ton of gold can use these other good pieces to make suits and get a very good suit out of it.

Bad thing: the market is going to flood, eventually killing off a lot of reforging and crafting so once again this will need a revamp at some point.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The 10 stam/8 lmc pieces with high resists and other stats are still pretty rare and selling very well :)
Most people have multiple warriors and can use a few of these.
plus, making those over 500 stat weight pieces costs a fortune in barbed kits. Id much rather spend 100 - 400 mil on a piece i know for sure exists, than spend 200 mil in barbed kits when its not for sure if a perfect piece will even come out of it. Loot seems cheaper than kits at this point, plus you get the extra resists "for free" because they dont really seem to add value anymore to the overall piece.

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plus, making those over 500 stat weight pieces costs a fortune in barbed kits. Id much rather spend 100 - 400 mil on a piece i know for sure exists, than spend 200 mil in barbed kits when its not for sure if a perfect piece will even come out of it. Loot seems cheaper than kits at this point, plus you get the extra resists "for free" because they dont really seem to add value anymore to the overall piece.
Yup they pretty much killed the crafting market....

Got wait for the next expansion! They'll up the weight and properties we can add with Imbuing and reforging to equal it all out...

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup they pretty much killed the crafting market....

Got wait for the next expansion! They'll up the weight and properties we can add with Imbuing and reforging to equal it all out...
So eventually we will all just need one piece of armor that has all of the mods we want and the rest of the pieces will be decorative only.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So eventually we will all just need one piece of armor that has all of the mods we want and the rest of the pieces will be decorative only.
already made a suit that has slots open for non-stat rare wearables :)

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing I really do like about the new uber gear is that warriors can finally start catching up to mages as far as stats in a suit are concerned.
Has been a joke for years that the huge % of mages only needed mana and hp so could much easier make elite pvp suits.
To play a very good warrior correctly you had to spend a lot more gold and time since you needed to try and load up on all three stats.
Has always been a point of contention for me that warriors are just as much a slave to mana as mages but mages generally don't need to worry about fitting dex into their suit.
I always got a chuckle out of the obvious board mages though who say that's fair because warriors can do weapon damage without specials.
Nothing screams "I never pvped" like that kind of nonsense :)

SoulWeaver

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It really isn't an awful thing for the game. Does it hurt the market a bit in ways hell yeah but for a PvM PvP stand point its becoming or balanced and easier to equip your character so you can compete...

Scott

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Well, outside of everything you guys are saying, i'm having problems with stratics. I'll click on watch thread and choose to not send me emails. Now 2 auctions have ended with 5-10 posts past my post and i never got an update on it. Thinkin i win, i go check back and i lose out!

Also - not only is the market flooded - Stratics is overwhelmed - when people are posting each item they have in a separate thread. If i miss a day on stratics due to work, i come back with multiple pages to go through.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also - not only is the market flooded - Stratics is overwhelmed - when people are posting each item they have in a separate thread. If i miss a day on stratics due to work, i come back with multiple pages to go through.
I share your pain lol. I try to read through every thread in the trade section, but it just isn't possible most of the time. I read them all for an hour. do something else for like 2 hours, and when I come back there's another 50+ posts to read. If I miss a day there's easily 300+ posts to read.

Not counting all the other forums like Uhall :)

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There's just alot of it out there. Everyone and their moms are doing Exodus pretty much nonstop.

My Slims MEmpo's are still hot though. I've pulled 3 now myself and a friend has one as well. Sold one for 3b.