• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Isn't there an EM event tomorrow (Friday)?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was certain I saw a listing last week about it but now I can't find it. I remember reading it because it passed me off being scheduled at 2 or 230 centraltime, meaning all the east coast folks would still be at work. (Heck, all US players really). Was the post removed?

Sure do miss those weekend afternoon events that both sides of the pond could attend, just like the VvV rounds...

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really do feel your pain.
I cringe when I hear about events at 1:30 am on a weekday, which would probably be perfectly acceptable to anyone on eastern time.
Fortunately for me, this one's at 8:30 pm. So that's one tick in the "happy" column.
Maybe he'll do the next one at a time that's better for you, and worse for me?
It's the age old story of how to please all the people all the time. :(

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Otto, it shouldn't be about alternating timezones. We successfully did shard wide VvV for months. We also had several EM events that were attended by both New and Old World players. The issue is the day. If this were a Saturday or Sunday, the time would work for the majority of players, as it has in the past.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Otto, it shouldn't be about alternating timezones. We successfully did shard wide VvV for months. We also had several EM events that were attended by both New and Old World players. The issue is the day. If this were a Saturday or Sunday, the time would work for the majority of players, as it has in the past.
Now you're asking for the argument that he has a family and needs his own time, of which I completely agree..so don't volunteer if you don't have the time to ..you know...volunteer.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, no argument. I really meant it when I said I feel your pain.
I'd also much prefer weekends - even Friday nights at a push.
But, given how things have been recently I take solace in the fact that we're getting something, at least.