• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Warhammer Going to the Graveyard?

zylo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi everyone,

I've been playing Ultima Online since 1999.... I still play.

I played Warhammer a few years ago and I had a lot of fun but stopped playing for a while...

I was thinking of activating my WAR account again but when I look online... It seems like this game is on it's way out? There's barely anyone posting here on the boards... I've heard there are tons of shards that have closed and or will/have merged?

Can anyone give me a good idea of what the current state of the game is and where it's headed?

I'm really sad to hear Warhammer isn't doing so well if that is the case... WOW sucks.... Unbelievable that it has been able to hold onto more players and WAR is in decline... The two games are not even comparable...

So what's up with WAR? Honestly?

Mykiel

Visitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone,

I've been playing Ultima Online since 1999.... I still play.

I played Warhammer a few years ago and I had a lot of fun but stopped playing for a while...

I was thinking of activating my WAR account again but when I look online... It seems like this game is on it's way out? There's barely anyone posting here on the boards... I've heard there are tons of shards that have closed and or will/have merged?

Can anyone give me a good idea of what the current state of the game is and where it's headed?

I'm really sad to hear Warhammer isn't doing so well if that is the case... WOW sucks.... Unbelievable that it has been able to hold onto more players and WAR is in decline... The two games are not even comparable...

So what's up with WAR? Honestly?
Yes there have been mergers, but WAR is not on it's way out.

If you are wondering about population, you can create a Free Trial Account and check out the servers just to get a feel for it.

I am not sure when the last time you played was, but there have been many changes to WAR. New User Journey, Tier levels have change, and while Renown Rank is no longer tied to cap at your level, but instead twice your level, and with this change RvR attained gear has also be adjusted.

Population is fickle sometimes, as you do have to be around during peak times on some servers to get the very big fights.

We are slowly rebuilding the Community base for these forums, and you are welcome to stop by and converse or bring up any questions you have.

Hope I help some.