• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is UOForums down?

T

Teeshy

Just checking, cos I haven't been able to open the site since yesterday sometime - keep getting a "Could not locate remote server" message.

T

Teeshy

Ah, thankyou! I had begun to think it was just me, 'cos I hadn't seen anyone else mention it ;)

A

AdamD

Aye it is
Unfortunatly it's hosted in a data centre in Houston texas
The hurricane knocked out the power supply and also blew a transformer in the data centre.
The last update I had about 1 hour ago was

All,

We've been allowed limited access the facility by city officials to assess damage to equipment. From preliminary inspection, all customer equipment is intact. However, the tranformer blew up due to the intensity of the storm.

All efforts are focused on getting a replacement in place. Personnel are on the way to Austin to ease recovery and communication.

Again, we will not give up on any of
our customers. We'll do our best to put the network back in place.

Regards
If it's not up by tomorrow we'll be moving to another host.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I hope you are up and running soon, Adam. *tips hat*

T

Teeshy

Ah! Thanks Adam!

I had actually said something to my husband yesterday, when I was having trouble with a couple of sites, wondering if the hurricane had anything to do with it =)

Littleblue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hope everything comes back online soon!

I was hoping to get a message through to a friend in Houston that plays, but I will have to wait until the forums return. I am hoping all is well for all of our players throughout the effected areas!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
*Falls From Grace*

utoh.....Toto I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I betcha I won the lottery too and Ike came and wiped out all record of it!

On a more serious note, hope all the folks in Ike's path stay safe. I doubt you guys are reading this but when you return, our thoughts were always with you.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Now see adam I warned you about buy a hamster in Texas, they have a lot of snakes down there, it was bound to get eaten.....

All joking aside however I hope everyone that stayed in Texas are alright down there.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the update Adam.... I thought my computer had bugged out on me again!...

Please Click my Egg/Hatchling and help my dragon grow! Thanks.

C

Caelas

You know, I understand that UOForums is important for people, but to jump hosts because of something out of everyone's control? Adam, don't punish your host for something they have zero crontrol of. It's not like some dude working for them poured coffee on your server...a freaking HURRICANE hit! Just relax...go smooth man, go smooth. :)

A

AdamD

You know, I understand that UOForums is important for people, but to jump hosts because of something out of everyone's control? Adam, don't punish your host for something they have zero crontrol of. It's not like some dude working for them poured coffee on your server...a freaking HURRICANE hit! Just relax...go smooth man, go smooth. :)
There are a few other reasons for wanting to move.
Namely the issues they had getting to the equipment and the fact they haven't replied to any emails sent to them.
Plus, there's no guarantees it won't happen again if another hurricane comes along
So we're going to a host which has it's own data centre, in a non hurricane prone area, heh.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Might want to look into one that isn't in a frequent Tornado/Earthquake/Landslide area to just to be safe :).

C

Caelas

And Blizzards, and rolling blackouts, and...

So...get hosting on the moon.

kitiara-atlantic

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Glad to hear it'll be back soon - I thought maybe my attempt to log in after months away killed the server :)

A

AdamD

Hey Kit.

Should be back tonight, I hope
The server is online, but transfering the backup from new york is taking a while.
Plus the usual dns delays. :sad4:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Hang in there folks. My thoughts are with your wonderful community. I know when we went though a... erm... hiccup, it kinda sucked. Got any Queen Mum cookies laying around?

A

AdamD

I think they got blown away in the hurricane, heh.

Forums are up
If you still get page cannot be displayed, try flushing your dns cache, or waiting for abit
To flush your dns cache, click Start, Run, type CMD, hit enter
At the command prompt, type - ipconfig /flushdns
If it doesn't work still, ya need to wait a bit for your isp's dns servers to catch up.

Thanks Stratics for allowing this thread to remain.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*tips hat* Adam, you and your folk were there for us.