• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this the job of an Advisor ???

Soul.Train

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello,

today an Advisor jailed me on Atlantic cause i was doing a Gate Service to the Plot im Selling... i didnt notice him .......

I told him that i was on the second Screen and whe he jailed me i talked to him and asked him/her whats the reason.... I was told that Advisors are looking for People doing afk any Action like GMs...thats theire Jobs too....

Now im confused and hope ill find a correct answer here !!!

Thanks for your help

Arien

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you was there, so how could you be afk then? :confused2: If you have 2 Screens and you look on the second one but do on the first one Gates what is wrong with that? I guess you can't do both at the same time ... so have you done both at the same time? If then he was right, if not then ... args i am confused now. :eek:

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Advisors usually try to talk to the person for about 5 minutes asking them things like "are you there" "what are you doing" etc. If the person still doesn't answer they put them in jail for doing stuff afk. It mainly applies to things like training a skill, mining, gating to vendors and stuff like that. What the advisor told you is correct, that has become part of their job.

Longtooths

Supreme Commander
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Advisors usually try to talk to the person for about 5 minutes asking them things like "are you there" "what are you doing" etc. If the person still doesn't answer they put them in jail for doing stuff afk. It mainly applies to things like training a skill, mining, gating to vendors and stuff like that. What the advisor told you is correct, that has become part of their job.
How exactly do you come by this information?

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was in Luna on chessy casting evil omen on my horse over and over for about 10 minutes..no attempt at communication was made..I was just brought to Buc's scripting room. The advisor then said oh nice to see you attending good day..I was like ok cool! Now I get to use one of the stupid moongates and run all the way back to the bank since I was on a new character with no runes. I WANT HIM FIRED!! I had to actually walk somewhere!!! UNACCEPTABLE! Long story short (macro in your house) or somewhere hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
http://www.uo.com/article/Advisors-are-coming

Just so you're aware of what an Advisor can or cannot do. I was unaware that they had the ability to put you in jail, maybe more clarification would be nice :)

All it states in that announcement:

Advisors can move monsters that spawn out of reach, move corpses that die in out of reach locations, help new and returning players with information about the game that they don’t know or might have forgotten, and direct players to information sites that might be helpful.

Maybe they have gotten more powers over time but there has been no announcement made as such.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
How exactly do you come by this information?
As far as I know, it has not been published anywhere. I learned about it by asking an Advisor on Atlantic after I watched them do what I described asking the person if they were there and all that. When the person didn't respond the Advisor said something along the lines of "last chance to respond before I put you in jail" and when the person still did not respond, they went poof. When I asked them about it the Advisor explained that since GM's are too busy lately to look for people doing things afk the Advisors were given permission to do it.

I'm not sure how it works on other shards, but I have seen 2 different Atlantic Advisors remove people from Luna bank for afk training skills in the last couple weeks.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an advisor pulled my macroing character to a graveyard and got me killed from the liches and other spawn there. even jail would have been a much safer alternative. if i had high end uninsured items lost when i died from being looted i probably would have quit the game at least for a while.

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If an advisor took you to jail or to a grave yard then email me their names. But yes they are putting people into the Macro box after trying to communicate with players without a response.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
jail
macro box

is there a difference?

i actually think its a grand idea.
if you cant answer a simple hello asked 5 times you are obviously not attending and we all know the rules about not attending.
the graveyard is a little harsh, funny, but harsh.