• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Is this Cloth Rare?

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Excuse my ignorance, but I couldn't find anything when I searched spidersilk cloth on stratics or google. That's what I believe this cloth is going off what I have seen on vendors tagging what appears to be the same color. I was gone from the game for about 8 years so I'm out of touch with a lot of stuff :) Being that I'm not really sure what the actual rarity of the cloth is, I was hoping someone could help me out. I found it at an idoc and I'll probably end up keeping it but I'd like to know first if it's anything special and if I should keep it in cloth form or if clothes are collectible also (in case I change my mind).

Attachments

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It used to be rare. With the addition of white cloth dye tubs, you can now make as many of those bolts as you want.

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Oh it is the same as white cloth? it looked a little more "grainy" but I wasn't sure so I'll take your word for it. Thanks!

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The so called "spidersilk" cloth hue in bolts/cloth is different than the dye tub white hue

So yes it is rarer but maybe only worth 50-100k a bolt. If you use a hue check (pincos) dye a bolt with the cloth tub and check both hues, they are, in fact, different. They look very similar in bolt form, but craft a robe or something.. you'll notice the difference.

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ah yeah, sorry I don't run pincos/enhanced but maybe I should install it just to check hues. I wanted to make some clothes but I was afraid to just in case I was using something valuable, but I also wanted to make sure that it wasn't just plain old white cloth either.
Thanks again guys.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh it is the same as white cloth? it looked a little more "grainy" but I wasn't sure so I'll take your word for it. Thanks!
If you use the Enhanced Client and Pincos UIs you can test it with the Hue picker.

Just check the Hue numberof your bolt of cloth and then dye another bolt of cloth with a white dye tub and see if the 2 Hues are the same or different.

Good luck.

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The so called "spidersilk" cloth hue in bolts/cloth is different than the dye tub white hue

So yes it is rarer but maybe only worth 50-100k a bolt. If you use a hue check (pincos) dye a bolt with the cloth tub and check both hues, they are, in fact, different. They look very similar in bolt form, but craft a robe or something.. you'll notice the difference.
Ah, I never checked it and always thought it looked the same. now I am going to have to look at the ones I have.

Sophi

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You will find that clothing made from the bright white cloth that you can't get anymore (I think) is different than the white you get with the white cloth dye tub. In my opinion the dye tub is an excellent, cheap way to get white gozas and to dye bags and backpacks etc, but for clothing (especially things like elven robes) I much prefer the bright white cloth.
oh p.s. all the bright white cloth i bought was around 100k a bolt - course that was a couple yrs ago but price shouldnt have changed all that much.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its definitely rarer than tangle or europa gold cloth thats for sure.

Evianne

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wow thanks for all the replies everyone :) I'm going to save it and make some nice clothes at Christmas.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
There's at least 4 whites:
746 white natural dye
1150 white BOD cloth
1153 spider silk white
I'm not sure of the hue # of the white dye tub offhand.