• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this cleaver any good?

• Thread starter Arris Windstorme
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Arris Windstorme

Is this decent? If so, anyone got an idea on pricing? Thanks!

P

prison bound

i would say no. its already a fast weap, so not having the SSI doesnt hurt it as much, but it has no hit spell

the cleaver does have pvp applications though, so you never know

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
yes that's a very nice cleaver.

In my experience all hit spell really does, in a PvM environment, is reduce damage.

For as long as I can remember, most (if not all) hit spells cause the part of one's DI from chivalry spell or special move sources to not apply.

For example, my old hit lightning broadsword would lose 20-30 points of its damage if the lightning went off. Not all that important if the target has low energy resist, but a dealbreaker if I only get 10-15 points of lightning exchanged for 2-3 times as much "normal" damage lost.

A

Asmodai/Embryo

No it's not a particularly good cleaver, if you want to use in pvp that is. HLD and DI is nice, and is probably usuable but because it has low base damage hit spell is really a must for it to be good.