• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this a new way for Mythic/EA/Orgin to make money off of us? (larg pic)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
how many accounts do you have? And generally there should only be one pre-auth per account and nothing charges till the actual charge comes through - but that is crazy.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Is the money out of your account?! Hopefully it's just "locked" and will be released when the preauthorization is released.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
this is why i changed over to timecards instead of giving EA access to my credit cards.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dam!!! Have you been in touch with the bank/EA about this, what was the response?

On a side note how do you remove a card from the EA/Mythic account page? I could see option to cancel sub etc, but not to remove my card from file.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok found it. Have to login to EA.com and you can remove cards there.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this is why i changed over to timecards instead of giving EA access to my credit cards.
This is what I'm going to do now. I've just signed in and cancelled my subscription and removed my card from the file. I will be using game time cards now.

It was a battle in the first place getting my card accepted but after reading the original post I'm not sure I trust them! At least until there is an update on the current situation.

I'm on holiday now so if there was any issue I wouldn't be able to deal with it as easy as if I were at home. Better to be safe than sorry.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swear... EA is in some sort of self-destruct mode....

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how many accounts do you have? And generally there should only be one pre-auth per account and nothing charges till the actual charge comes through - but that is crazy.

I have 5 accounts. LOL

Last edited:

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is the money out of your account?! Hopefully it's just "locked" and will be released when the preauthorization is released.

Three days later and its still on hold. I need to call EA and or my bank tomorrow.

Last edited:

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is EXACTLY what I did.

Last edited:

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dang..thats a nice little retirement check..what rank you retire as?

He retired as a CSM. At first I wondered how you knew he was retired guess I should have altered that graphic.

Last edited:

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The real question is why are you on the 3 month plan instead of the 6 month?

Only one of my accounts are on a three month plan. The other 4 are on 6 month. I was debating on closing that particular one. Do you think that's a sign? HA!

Last edited: