• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this a Keeper?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Tamed this GD just now...physical resist is a bit down for my taste but it's a 4.1 on Pinco's and a 4.0/4.2 on UO Craft.

I have another one which is 3.8 on Pinco's and 4.1 on UO Craft, but the physical resist is perfect (85). Maybe I should just keep this one instead?

Here's a pic of the GD.
GD#4_4.1 keeper maybe.JPG

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even though it's Wrestling will cap out around 112.0, it has incredible hit points and resists. If you have room in your stables, hang on to it.

To determine a fresh tamed Greater Dragon's skill cap for Wrestling, Tactics, and Resisting Spells you divide its current skill by 0.8 (89.6/0.8=112.0). This can also be used when the tamed dragon's Anatomy is < 30.0, but with a few tenths of error.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny Barry, I always multiply fresh tamed skills by 1.25 to get their final skill level lol. Two ways to the same end. It's a nice drag, one I would probably tame and sell. For me, I'm pretty anal about having higher than 80 physical resist, only because the gdrags are tanks that "most" of the time are fighting something doing physical damage to them. With that said, if this is your first drag, or best to date, it's certainly worth keeping while you look for a better one.

Leira of Asrai

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone please confirm pet skill caps post tamed? I've recently dusted off my tamer and am in search of a good GD.

I thought skills took a 28% reduction at taming, but can be trained back up to 90% of the pre-tame level.

So...
post tame skill =72% of pre tame level
skill cap = 90% of pre tame level

0.9/0.72 = pet skill cap post tame.
or 1.25 x post tame skill.

Aibal seems to have confirmed that math?

What about magery though? It doesn't follow the same formula.

Okay, just found a thread asking this question directly... found here
http://stratics.com/community/threads/question-about-fresh-tamed-gd.303266/
Math is confirmed 1.25 x post tame skill equals new skill cap for Wrestle, Tactics and Resist Spells.
Magery is 0.9 x pre-tame skill = magery cap.

Last edited:

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Math is confirmed 1.25 x post tame skill equals new skill cap for Wrestle, Tactics and Resist Spells.
Magery is 0.9 x pre-tame skill = magery cap.
Correct.

I hope there was no confusion caused due to my previous post and @Aibal 's post. Multiplying by 1.25 is mathematically equal to Dividing by 0.8 (100*1.25=1.25; 100/0.8=1.25).

You can use this formula with a high degree of accuracy on pets with less than 30.0 Anatomy. A low Anatomy indicates they have very little training (an Anatomy of 30.0 is easy to gain from nuisance overland spawn (mongbats, ogres, etc...), and it is highly unlikely it has gained more than 0.1 in any high value skills). If the pet has a mid-to-high level Anatomy, there is a larger degree of error when applying the Post Tame Formula (the pet has definitely trained in other skills).

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I guess it could be a great adition to Pinco's or the next UO update to get the real pet caps after taming. I'm pretty sure someone already already mentioned that...

Darius Bloodbain

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Looks like a good dragon to me. As good or better than anything I have in my stables.
I have 2 dragons I hunt with at the moment. One has more physical resist and Magic resist,
and one has less but has a higher wrestling and tactics with a few more hit points not a lot but little more.
One is 955 and the other is like 968. I usually pick one or the other depending whether what I am hunting
casts more or beats up on them more. Still looking for that mid to high 4s one. Just no luck yet.
Curious to know if many people have found a much better dragon than this on posted, and if they have, how long did they have to look, and whatever other info they think would be helpful.
I know they are hard to find, because I have been looking a long time.

Last edited:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've found 4.0-4.2 dragons to be somewhat available, if I'm in the mood to look over the course of a week (only looking a couple times a day, NOT farming them), I can usually find a couple. Drags above 4.3 are much, much more uncommon. My personal best is a 4.6 that I sold for sick gold, and a 4.5 that I currently have on one of my tamers. Most of my tamers run with 4.2-4.3 dragons, anything over 4.0 that I tame I tend to sell unless it is better than one currently in any of my tamers stables.