• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is this a joke?

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There is a luna idoc on Atl in the southeast corner and i can say i have never seen so many characters stacked into a 10x10 as i have today. lol

idoc.jpg

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imagine that, one of the most desirable areas for a house on the most populated server has gathered a lot of people who want it

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Imagine that, one of the most desirable areas for a house on the most populated server has gathered a lot of people who want it
Don't forget that there's a 600 mil piece of rubble fire inside it to :)

Magdalene

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a luna idoc on Atl in the southeast corner and i can say i have never seen so many characters stacked into a 10x10 as i have today. lol
Sorry, but you've never seen nothing (double negative I know).
Once upon a time when I was young and desirable and there was no space whatsoever to place even in the most forgotten lands of semi-popular servers... oh well...
(not to mention people could kill the competition, bring multiple dragons, etc.).
/end oldschool talk

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its down now and waiting for a GM to remove the hide blocking placement.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny photo, why they are bothering I don't know.. But hey, it's their time to waste

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a shame to see Jester's house go. I knew him and he was one of the good folks of UO. I haven't seen him ingame for awhile. We met during the ToT event.

Always sad when I see a friend's home fall due to leaving the game:(.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Its a shame to see Jester's house go. I knew him and he was one of the good folks of UO.
I didn't know him very well, just buying/selling things with him sometimes, but from what I have heard he wasn't so nice all the time, for example the rubble fire that's been in that house for ages was pretty much stolen, Its original owner agreed to sell it to him for 30m (which was already a super low price) and right after they had uninsured it to put on a vendor at their felucca house it was stolen by a thief. The next day it appearred inside that house. The original owner was briefly in my guild, and is still around, I've never had any reason not to trust her, so doubt she would lie about something like that. Anything is possible though.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not many this time

An hour later and they're still there

Because Luna houses are still worth real money, not to mention their in-game value

Broadsword should confiscate these houses and then put them up for real life $$ auction or lottery. There is a revenue maker right there.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Broadsword should confiscate these houses and then put them up for real life $$ auction or lottery. There is a revenue maker right there.
No thanks! Only an occasion for rich people to play around - whilst the ordinary man has to watch them growing.

Mezzac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No thanks! Only an occasion for rich people to play around - whilst the ordinary man has to watch them growing.
There was a time when this game was an escape from the real world - now it is just a mirror. The rich are getting obscenely rich, while the poor just get poorer and poorer. No sooner have you saved what you thought would be reasonable amount for that third tier rare and the price has risen. Inflation is out of control "which of course is driven by the obscenely rich"

Then they come here pretending to care and be all community minded when the reality is all that they really want to do is take and take from you all the time (either underpaying for your rares or overpricing for theirs)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
For anyone who was saying Luna houses aren't worth much anymore....so not true. The value of that house is about $800 real cash, or the gold equivalent which would be about four billion gold at 20 cents per mil.

For comparison, the house across the street from it which is also only 7x7, and on the worse side of the street in the corner went for about $500 6 months ago.

The bigger houses in better spots go for much, much more. all the way up to $4,000 in some cases.

On top of all that, Luna house prices have gone up by about 10% every year for multiple years.

Last edited:

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was a time when this game was an escape from the real world - now it is just a mirror. The rich are getting obscenely rich, while the poor just get poorer and poorer. No sooner have you saved what you thought would be reasonable amount for that third tier rare and the price has risen. Inflation is out of control "which of course is driven by the obscenely rich"

Then they come here pretending to care and be all community minded when the reality is all that they really want to do is take and take from you all the time (either underpaying for your rares or overpricing for theirs)
Please cut out the political talk.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For anyone who was saying Luna houses aren't worth much anymore....so not true. The value of that house is about $800 real cash, or the gold equivalent which would be about four billion gold at 20 cents per mil.

For comparison, the house across the street from it which is also only 7x7, and on the worse side of the street in the corner went for about $500 6 months ago.

The bigger houses in better spots go for much, much more. all the way up to $4,000 in some cases.

On top of all that, Luna house prices have gone up by about 10% every year for multiple years.
Is this what we are? *sighs*

With posts like this it makes me want to let them pull the plug *sighs*

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please cut out the political talk.
Thats no political talk but a exact description what all statistics in industrializef countries show since the 1980s. And it is an absolutely accurate Statement of the Situation in UO.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever a house falls in Luna the land should be blocked to placement and then a Magincia style lottery is held. The winner of the lottery than has 2 weeks to place before the plot becomes open to everyone.

Elden of Baja

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever a house falls in Luna the land should be blocked to placement and then a Magincia style lottery is held. The winner of the lottery than has 2 weeks to place before the plot becomes open to everyone.
I'd say they should just do that with every house plot. Not just luna. Gives everyone a chance to upgrade their home. I think that's possibly one of the better ideas i've heard in a really long time. It also solves the problem of the ridiculous number of items that can be used to block house placement. And can be used as a gold sink.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is this what we are? *sighs*

With posts like this it makes me want to let them pull the plug *sighs*
I completely agree, people have turned UO into a real cash business. Sadly as far as I know I'm the only person who did not buy their in town Luna house on Atlantic. It's become a way for people to show off their real cash.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I completely agree, people have turned UO into a real cash business. Sadly as far as I know I'm the only person who did not buy their in town Luna house on Atlantic. It's become a way for people to show off their real cash.
Turned into? Were you not around when eBay sales of literally everything in-game were commonplace, before eBay disallowed them since they aren't "real" things?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Turned into? Were you not around when eBay sales of literally everything in-game were commonplace, before eBay disallowed them since they aren't "real" things?
Of course I was around for that lol, but at least back then it was possible to get a luna house for gold if you paid enough, now not so much.

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is a little over the top. The game has always been and continues to be an escape for you and many others, and it has always been and continues to be a business for some players. There is no UO Illuminati, it's just game design combined with thousands of players all pursuing their separate interests. What you see is the inevitable result of the game's design.