• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is this a cheat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

missfishy

i went to despise and found myself in the middle of a raid, as soon as i died, someone sent me to the chaos shrine with exorcism.my body was still there on the ground.Is this cheating???I thought you had to have your body decay.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Nope. Totally legit.

Necromancers have a spell called exorcism which only works so far from the altar to excommunicate ghosts from the area. T he minute you die, they can do it and send you to the Chaos shrine.

Enjoy

G

Gellor

Depends upon where your body was.

But there is a game mechanic to speed up Exorcism. Consider it a polite action to help you get rezzed and back into the fight quicker:next:

M

missfishy

i died and it was less than five seconds that i was transported to the chaos shrine.When i came back the reds that were there that sent me to the shrine siad "its our little trick" i was wondering if its an exploit, or cheat or legal, adn if so, how do i do it if it is legal?

I

Intoxication

Its a exploit. i would tell you how its done but then more people would be doing it so *zip*

just add it to the list of stuff uo needs to fix

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a exploit. i would tell you how its done but then more people would be doing it so *zip*

just add it to the list of stuff uo needs to fix
To my knowledge, exorcism is a true and legal spell...

[SIZE=-1]Publish 32 Updates and Bug Fixes[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]- Apr 14 2005 4:03PM CST[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1]Necromancer Exorcism spell [/SIZE]
    • Exorcism is a Necromancer spell that also requires GM Spirit Speak to cast
    • Exorcism relocates any player ghosts around the caster to a shrine on that facet
    • Exorcism only works in a champion spawn region
    • Exorcism does not affect players who have a corpse on the same area server
    • Exorcism does not affect fellow faction, guild, alliance, or party members
    • Players with GM Spirit Speak can now see the ghosts of other players at all times
    • Exorcism scrolls are craftable by scribes, drop off of some high ranking creatures, and can be sold to shopkeepers
[SIZE=-1]Publish 43[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] - Oct 17 2006 6:56PM CST[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1]Increased the range that the Exorcism spell will affect around a champ spawn[/SIZE]

I

Intoxication

yes the spell is. but.....

it should not send you to chaos with your body still there. it was made to be able to kick out unwanted dead people that were watching spawns. if the persons body is within range you can not send them to chaos. there is a trick that i will not say that has made it so you can kill someone and send them right to chaos while they stand over there dead body. this in fact is not the way the spell was supposed to work.

"Exorcism does not affect players who have a corpse on the same area server"

that is what the thing you posted even says.

G

Ghost_Writer

I was going to dig this up myself. I think is where the problem lies:

Necromancer Exorcism spell
Exorcism is a Necromancer spell that also requires GM Spirit Speak to cast
Exorcism relocates any player ghosts around the caster to a shrine on that facet
Exorcism only works in a champion spawn region
Exorcism does not affect players who have a corpse on the same area server
Exorcism does not affect fellow faction, guild, alliance, or party members
Players with GM Spirit Speak can now see the ghosts of other players at all times
Exorcism scrolls are craftable by scribes, drop off of some high ranking creatures, and can be sold to shopkeepers

missfishy claims she had just died and therefore I think would have had a corpse still in the vicinity. I would send the details to [email protected]. Please do not post any details here, if anyone knows how this is being accomplished please send a note to EA.

GW

Multani

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So if this is indeed an exploit, then why isn't this thread locked? Seems to me only negative things can come of it remaining open??

G

Ghost_Writer

So if this is indeed an exploit, then why isn't this thread locked? Seems to me only negative things can come of it remaining open??

Good point. The question has been answered and there sould not be any more to add.

Thanks,
Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.