• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there an FAQ on the Heartwood quests?

D

DHMagicMan_1

There seem to be TONS of quests from various quest givers... I went there with my newb Carpenter last night to try to do the footstool part and it took me 15 minutes or so to figure out that I was in the right place, I just had to keep rejecting and canceling all the quests I didn't want until they offered me the ones I did want.

I would be interested to know if anyone has documented what all the quests are that each "giver" offers, which skills (for crafter types) it works and what you do for it... and what recipies and such you get as rewards?

Let me know if there's somewhere I should look for this kind of info.

Thanks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right now, one can check uoguide.com, but the information there is incomplete. If you search for the quests, a lot of the information is missing - but their list of the NPCs is closer to being complete (but not quite) in the "Quests by NPC" page - meaning you will have to go through the NPCs by name, looking for the quests you need in their description.

Part of my updates of the FAQs on this forum is collecting and adding the data, but I've spent most of the last two months getting existing information up to date, first.

I'll try to start working in that info this week, now that most of the older stuff is now brought from 2004 (if not 2001) data, up to 2008.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I appreaciate all you do here... your FAQs are very helpfull. You might put in parenthes if you don't get offered the quest you are looking for from the named quest giver, just say no and cancel and talk to them again, eventually they will offer you the right one... it took me a while to figure that out when I started trying to work on my skill 30 carpenter.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
it's even easier than that - you don't have to cancel.

Just repeatedly double-click them (like you did to be offered the quest) and it will cycle through quests (though you will often get the same quests over and over before getting the one you want). You can also pull up the NPC's bar and click on it that way - is much faster and you don't have to worry about it wandering from out of underneath your cursor.

D

DHMagicMan_1

OK. I would have hoped, like other games, it offered quests appropriate to your skills. I didn't understand why it was offering me Don't Harp on Me when I had 30 carpentry and couldn't make them...

Other games, which will go without being named here, either offer quests appropriate based on skills or if there are 4 or 5 to be offered they bring up a list and you click the one you want... don't have to just double-click til you get the correct offer. :(

Go figure.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's only ONE skill in heartwood that can be trained only on the quests, and that is Bowcraft/fletching.

They really need to add more quests - or at least a new one in New Haven to take a Carpenter up to 50 with accelerated gains, like tinker & smith.

There are only two quests in Heartwood for Carpenters - "Arch Support" & "Don't Harp on Me". Arch Support (Foot Stools) can take you up to 36 skill - after that, follow the new guide for gaining I put into the new carpentry FAQ.

D

DHMagicMan_1

There are only two quests in Heartwood for Carpenters - "Arch Support" & "Don't Harp on Me". Arch Support (Foot Stools) can take you up to 36 skill - after that, follow the new guide for gaining I put into the new carpentry FAQ.

I figured this part out and I've been following the FAQ. Thanks for that. The problem I had last night is I couldn't figure out how to get offered "Arch Support"... there were two or three guys who kept offering me "Don't Harp" and 3 or 4 others... maybe Tinkering or other quests... but not Arch until suddenly I got it once and figured out it was just a rinse and repeat thing... then I just kept clicking and finally got to 36... now I'm set on Carpentry for this toon til I'm ready for "Harp".

Thanks for all your work on the FAQs though. You offer tons of good info.

Z

zorrah

Just wondering if anyone knows of another source for Heartwood quest info.. uoguide was the site I always looked to for information. Though there were holes in the information that they had listed, it was by far the closest to being a complete guide to the quest-specific rewards. It seems that in the last few months the Heartwood pages have been heavily edited and the information that I remember being there is now gone.. :(

So.. any (near-complete, even) listings of the recipe rewards and the quests that they're associated with?

Thanks in advance!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've worked some of that into the FAQs here; mostly the bowcrafting & smith items.

as for uoguide, the information probably got moved to a different page in the guide, and sometimes it is hard to find out where it moved to. It's a common thing with wikis, and one reason I'm actually not too fond of that type of page (wikis require you to know a bit more, like correct spellings in a lot of cases, to get to where you're going, that a more static information source with a table of contents doesn't require - both have their weaknesses and strengths).

Z

zorrah

I agree. I'll look through the FAQs here. I appreciate all of your hard work Basara! :)