• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a way to handle loot better?

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
It's quite tedious to hover over so many items on a corpse to see if they're worth grabbing. Is there any way it can be automated legally? Or made easier? I play classic.

mihali

Sage
It's quite tedious to hover over so many items on a corpse to see if they're worth grabbing. Is there any way it can be automated legally? Or made easier? I play classic.
I switched one of my characters, a death ray tamer to EC, and it has amazing features! Its a small learning curve, and did that just as a challenge ad it has panned out really nicely. What is shocking about it is the ease of use and implementation of macros, creating new macros and quality things as you are mentioning, like choosing what to take from chests and loot, and choosing from massive bags of items what to take quickly. Another thing that blew me away is how beautiful the sea itself and all the water graphics are and the built in map/radar. There are some bugs but there are bugs in CC also.
I am still experimenting, and trying to learns how to use the"agents" functionality and make it really useful. I would like to learn how to sort stuff also but not sure if it is available in EC, but suspect it is, you just have to set the agents correctly.
I do not regret NOT going the route of the "illegal" CC emulators out there, and I find EC for my purposes working out much better. I just feel bad I was such a hard core CC player in the past, and did not give the EC client a serious look before.
Give it a try, you may be surprised also, and the graphics are not all that horrible as some pleyers have made it to sound like, and as mentioned some of the graphics are 100% better than CC, for instance the seawater etc.
Just a tiny little learning curve, thats all, its the same game, but better quality of life!

Last edited:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I use the EC when im out killin stuff. Using the grid system makes it easier and it shows the intensity of the loot. Also, the one click to put in pack makes looting so much more bearable. Looks like this. (im sure someone will cringe at my "loot" and organization skills lol.)

1713065838063.png

mihali

Sage
I use the EC when im out killin stuff. Using the grid system makes it easier and it shows the intensity of the loot. Also, the one click to put in pack makes looting so much more bearable. Looks like this. (im sure someone will cringe at my "loot" and organization skills lol.)

View attachment 153494
This looks interesting! You must be using Pincos UI. Do the colors mean anything? Also can you explain how you use this? You are using "agents", how do you use them?

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This looks interesting! You must be using Pincos UI. Do the colors mean anything? Also can you explain how you use this? You are using "agents", how do you use them?
Its Pincos. Colors just mean intensity of the item, if its an artifact major/minor ect.

No special "agents" used.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I gave it many tries. The few weird 3D-->2D converted elements are more digestible to me than absolutely janky and funky 3D client. Yes, I tried it with "Pinco's"...

If anyone has tips for macros/methods for the 2D client..

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I read through the publish notes of the last years. Very pleased with so many things being added, especially Classic Client updates. I found this one:

1713189824869.png

An option to auto-open corses? But where is it? Looting is my biggest pet peeve right now in CC.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
1713190550407.png
Toogle it on and off with being in war mode

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
Found it. Under options, UO, all the way down.

I'd like for the tier of items to show through outline colors and other stuff. Looting can easily more pleasant on CC. Like auto-show all item names in corpse + colors for each tier (lesser, greater,magic/artifact etc)