• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a trick to getting nets?

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy

I've been working my fisher up over the past few weeks. He is at 99 now after much effort and many long hours at sea.

The primary reason I want a fisher is to get nets. However since breaking 80 I have pulled up only 3 special nets, and all of these were quite soon after breaking 80. On the other hand I have over 20 pearls so far, and even more T-maps.

Is there a trick to getting the nets or are they just the rarest of all fishing loot?

Soar

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you'll at least double your number of nets by doing all the normal SOS. I get a net in about a quarter to a third of the chests, and I see colored special nets more often from the chest, than from fishing.

QMSoar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like it may have been just a drought. I pulled another 5 nets since the original post and have finally GM'd.

Phew :)

Soar