• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a "sweet spot" at which armor and weapons should be repaired?

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Kyronix @Bleak @Misk Is there an optimum number at which crafted, reforged, imbued, brittle, prized, etc items should be repaired preserving the durability of the item as long as possible? Is there really a better chance at not losing durability when a high level craftsman does the repair opposed to a repair contract? Is there a number on durability to let the item go to before you repair?

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
EDITED: I had a post in here where I was quoting the, then devs, from a Five on Friday chat they did a while back.

Then I saw that you were requesting ONLY that the devs you specifically named reply, so to respect your wishes, I deleted my response.

Suffice it to say that the information exists, should you choose to look for it.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EDITED: I had a post in here where I was quoting the, then devs, from a Five on Friday chat they did a while back.

Then I saw that you were requesting ONLY that the devs you specifically named reply, so to respect your wishes, I deleted my response.

Suffice it to say that the information exists, should you choose to look for it.
Thanks, that's really helpful. I deleted the "offensive" rhetoric. Don't just misinterpret a few words in posts, my written words sometimes don't convey my actual meaning. I just would like to know if there really is a "sweet spot". I wasn't trying to be snotty. I know probably most everyone has their system but I was interested if it actually exists in code for everyone.

Last edited:

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Durability - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

Basically, the sooner to repair, the better your chance not to lose a point of durb. I'm not sure, however, if the exact skill of the person making a repair deed is really taken. For instance, I dunno if a repair deed made by a smith using a +60 hammer is better than one from a 120 real skill one.

I have, in the past, made some brittle items, and they last a surprisingly large number of repairs - I just repair them after every long trip into the dungeon.