• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a market for imbued items?

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do people actually buy it?

Some of it is the same price as something NOT imbued that you can have forever...

Is there a market for imbued items?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
It is true that imbued items cannot be fortified. However, consider that certain items take less durability hits than others. Imbued jewels, for example, are likely to last a long, long time. Sell a ring with 1/3, 15 hci, 15 dci, and a bit of di...somebody's going to buy that.

I'll also use imbued armor for my mages/archers, as they don't typically take much damage.

Would I buy an imbued melee weapon? Hmm...only if the price is right.

K

Krrom

Wait...I know you cannot use fort powder on an ibued item. However, you can still repair it correct?

If you were going for a very nice piece wouldnt you burn a bunch of fort powders and get it to 255 before imbuing? Then atleast it would last for quite a few repairs.

D

Drawde2

Yes you can. Which, in my opinion, causes the problem of being required to get PoF in order to sell the imbued item. Not to mention the failure rate of enhancing armor (if you try that). It can get expensive imbuing items.

Ender76

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've sold several hundred mm in imbued items, the vast majority of it has been jewelry. a few bows, no other weapons

jradar71

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to give you an idea... This is what I did and I would have been willing to buy it for a large amount too.

I used a spinned kit on normal leather to make gear. Looked for all pieces that had high LRC (above 15). Used PoF on each piece to bring it to 255/255. Imbued the items with 100 Luck. I then enhance the items with spinned leather to make each piece get the top 140. This combined with other items I now have a tamer with over 2200 luck using jewelry and statue, 100 LRC, and near 70% in resist stats.

Hope this gives you an idea. But if you are trying to make money with imbuing on vendors... I would probably avoid weapons until they fix the durability.

Note: This was expensive to do considering how many times I failed on the enhancement of the armor and then had to repeat the process.

S

Slim29

Ahh,

So you say you can enhance imbued items, but you cannot imbue enhanced items. I was not aware that was possible. Going to make some even sicker items this way.

Yellow Beard

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is true that imbued items cannot be fortified. However, consider that certain items take less durability hits than others. Imbued jewels, for example, are likely to last a long, long time. Sell a ring with 1/3, 15 hci, 15 dci, and a bit of di...somebody's going to buy that.

I'll also use imbued armor for my mages/archers, as they don't typically take much damage.

The item must be fortified before imbueing. So a good crafter working with something that is sure to sell will fortify the item then imbue it.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd fortify top-of-the-line items, but there's a tier of relic-free mid-level gear that's relatively easy to replace, so you don't need to expend powder on it.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I'd fortify top-of-the-line items, but there's a tier of relic-free mid-level gear that's relatively easy to replace, so you don't need to expend powder on it.
I have only used powder on my bow ! unless I have to use frags or hard to get ingredients I dont bother with powder !

M

milk

my jewel got 5 durabilty off within several hits when I was taming some creatures (forgot what but very low intensity activity). I think maybe I was just unlucky but other parts didn't really get much of a hit compared to the imbued jewel. (glove 2 dura decrease and shoulder 2 as well and that is it)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If it was a week or so ago, there were issues from excessive equipment damage (though weapons had twice the problem), that have been reduced.

Also, it's amazing that over here, you have people wondering about the viability of selling imbued items, where I have 1-2 posts a week on UO Craftsman of people insisting that Imbuing has made crafting totally obsolete, even when the fact is repeatedly shown that a runic can make things impossible to do with imbuing...

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
If it was a week or so ago, there were issues from excessive equipment damage (though weapons had twice the problem), that have been reduced.

Also, it's amazing that over here, you have people wondering about the viability of selling imbued items, where I have 1-2 posts a week on UO Craftsman of people insisting that Imbuing has made crafting totally obsolete, even when the fact is repeatedly shown that a runic can make things impossible to do with imbuing...
that's funny I noticed the same thing ! seems to be 2 camps and they are directly opposite each other and both swear to one side or the other!
personaly I think both have there good and bad points .. so in other words I think they did a pretty good balance job!