• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is there a BUG with Cleanup points & leaving the Sub Server the trashcan is on before points?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok... I can't tell if it's just me. I regularly turn in some of the stygian abyss imbuing ingredients for turn in points when I'm out hunting for Arty's or the NEW loot, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm not getting the Value of the items I'm turning in for cleanup? I usually hunt the abyss and when my pack is full-ish recall to my house and dump turn in point stuff and then recall back to the abyss to continue hunting. I did this a few times last night & my current clean up reward points haven't changed..... I know there is a instant delete trash can that I could use but I have to go to my house anyway so just prefer to only make 1 stop. Anyone else experienced this?

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
I can't prove it but I'm sure I got ripped for 60000 clean up points while cleaning out the house. I had about 60000 and when I tossed out about 60K worth of old doubles of fel and trammel stones I still had 60K. I didn't pay any attention to my points for a few days so now I'm not sure what happened. But I got took somewhere.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just stand there the 3 minutes, never an issue

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Try tossing something and waiting there for the 3 minutes. I've had it happen where I will get credit for previous tosses, even days later - It will actually give me two "you recieve xxx points" messages, right after another.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll have to try to talk something in the instant delete trash can and see if that will give me points that are past due. when I'm hunting I don't feel like waiting for the 3 minutes in the trash can to delete items

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have heard that if you leave the server before the items are actually deleted, you will not get the points.

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel for those who've lost points. I turned in a whole bag of big spring clean-up tickets in a bag not knowing they would not work yet. :( For the current system, I was told when it first came out we had to on screen of the trashcan ( I would assume same server would do) to get the points. I either hang out till I see the message or drop by Brit bank. You can drop a container with items in it to get credit so maybe grab a bag to drop stuff in so you don't have to drag individual items to the can to speed up the process to give time to hop to a town can. ^^^ long un-punctuated sentence!!!^^^

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I've had a bunch of people tell me that if you leave the sub server you will still ultimately get the points but that it can take up to 3 days..... just trying to clear up how it works so I know....

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hence my asking long ago for a "Flush" to be added to Trash barrels in your house so you don't have to stand about for the 3 to 5 min for it to empty.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You actually get the points the next time you are back on that same sub server, you'll randomly get the message about gaining points. Happens to me all the time going from house to house. If you don't want to wait then use the Luna trash.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You actually get the points the next time you are back on that same sub server, you'll randomly get the message about gaining points. Happens to me all the time going from house to house. If you don't want to wait then use the Luna trash.
If it actually functions like this it isn't consistent. I do randomly get points sometimes but I haven't actually kept.track to know if they are correct. For sure... it's not as simple as coming back to the same sub server and waiting 3 min...
When I'm done Hunting I often spend a great deal of time at my house sorting / browsing my new loot and the clean up messages have happened minutes or even days later....

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have had this problem in the past as well. I've learned that if it is something that I specifically want turn-in points for I take it to the public trash receptacles at a bank for instant points. If I'm just getting rid of it because I don't want it anymore and don't care about points I'll throw it in the trash barrel in my house.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
If you leave the server your house trashcan is on before receiving the points (eg: before the items are deleted) then you don't get the points.

However if you return before the are deleted, you will receive them as normal.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There used to be an "Empty trash now" option.
Yeah it needs put back in.
I have had this problem in the past as well. I've learned that if it is something that I specifically want turn-in points for I take it to the public trash receptacles at a bank for instant points. If I'm just getting rid of it because I don't want it anymore and don't care about points I'll throw it in the trash barrel in my house.
If I want the points that's what I do.... go to Tokuno usually. If it's something I want to destroy and get rid of and don't want to show up in the cavern... then I use a horde minion. That way it goes Poof and is forever gone... no points earned but it also will never wind up in the cavern.