• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the TC/TC3 merge still happening Wednesday?

M

Monkeybear

I was wondering (since we missed last weeks update) Will the TC and TC3 merge still be happening Wednesday? I wouldn't think there was much point in allowing moves into TC3 if the merge was going to happen this wednesday.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

There was a reason moves were scheduled first. So, I expect they will still do that before merging TC. I believe the schedule was pushed back a week due to updater problems. Don't see why they would change the game plan and abolish the move process just to make the merge happen on the last predicted schedule.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

I have a rather odd suspicion that there aren't a whole lot of players 'itching' to move 'just' sims to TC to TC3. I wonder if the devs would tell us how many actually took them up on that 'moving your sim to tc3' offer?

I think the vast majority of the 'TC' natives and those of us who intentionally moved to TC are there specifically so that we can bring a few items with us....such as a furnished house and other objects.

The only reason I could see them holding up the merge would be to test 'moving' sims to TC3. However, I think 'merging' is hugely important and I would hope that they don't hold up the merge for something as picky as 'movers'.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

Perhaps the mover test is a prelude to the money wipe merge test. This will be the first time simoleans are wiped from a sim during the move process as well. Like I said, they must have a reason for scheduling it this way. I have talked to one person that has a sim in TC that is willing to move rather than wait for the merge. Does everyone live alone in TC? Everyone is a home owner in TC? No roomies want to move a week before?

G

I think you are right Gracie, they need to *test* the Sim Move with the money wipe before they offer it for EA Land.

I hope for everyone's sake, that there are a few Sims willing to give the system a test run.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps the mover test is a prelude to the money wipe merge test. This will be the first time simoleans are wiped from a sim during the move process as well. Like I said, they must have a reason for scheduling it this way. I have talked to one person that has a sim in TC that is willing to move rather than wait for the merge. Does everyone live alone in TC? Everyone is a home owner in TC? No roomies want to move a week before?

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on "moving" I own a property but no roomies.
Maybe I'll move my second account in to test that as well, but basically my sim is sitting there my lot is a wreck. I hope I can move my mess with me
)

G

they need to *test* the Sim Move with the money wipe before they offer it for EA Land

I wonder what would have happened if the TC3 Sim limit would have been hit while the TC merge was taking place. Would the process have stopped? Would the remaining Sims in TC have been deleted? Hopefully the possibility of unforeseen circumstances is the reason for the dev's taking things slowly. And the reason we have test cities.

B

Bushal

Well if I recall the amount of room on each server is 80,000 sims. So running out of room shouldn't be a problem.

G

<blockquote><hr>

they need to *test* the Sim Move with the money wipe before they offer it for EA Land

I wonder what would have happened if the TC3 Sim limit would have been hit while the TC merge was taking place. Would the process have stopped? Would the remaining Sims in TC have been deleted? Hopefully the possibility of unforeseen circumstances is the reason for the dev's taking things slowly. And the reason we have test cities.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't the city be offline while the merge is happening? The Sim limit is used to control the number of sims online, right?

G

The Sim limit is used to control the number of sims online, right?

The only Sim limit I'm familiar is the online limit, which I've encountered in the past for AV and DC especially. I was under the impression that the present situation dealt with the creation of new Sims. I'm assuming that the moving/merging process involves the simultaneous deletion/creation of Sims. So it may be possible for existing Sims to be deleted while the corresponding new ones fail to create. Only the dev's know for sure.

I

imported_LFancey

Answers to general questions in the thread.

-Schedule has slipped a week due to the updater issue last week.
-We ave allowed moves for one week as promised and then will lock it down so we have a stable Database.
-There are two limits on TC3. Number of avatars that can be online at once (Currently 1000) and population limit, or number of avatars that can be created. (This was 10000 until this morning when I upped it to 15000)

Lee

M

Monkeybear

You have allowed moves?

We can move to TC3 from TC now.. today?

Edit.. Just scheduled a move got a message saying it's a 1 way hope it works!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Answers to general questions in the thread.

-We ave allowed moves for one week as promised and then will lock it down so we have a stable Database.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Moves In/Out of TC3?

Moves In/Out of TC?

I'm confused, please elaborate.

I

imported_LFancey

Sure thing.....

Becasue we missed last week... (First time in 14 weeks by the way!!!! YEAH US!!!!)

Here it is straight from the blog.

TC to TC3 Moves: Next Tuesday (11/20/2007) we will be stopping all moves to and from Test Center (I repeat Test Center not to be confused with Test center 3 which you can’t move out of or into anyway, ever.) If you want to keep your lot please do not read the rest of this: (Instead jump to the next bold bullet item.) Next Wednesday (11/21/2007) we are hoping to open moves from Test Center to Test Center 3.
These are moves WITHOUT Simoleans and WITHOUT Lots.
These moves will not include simoleans or lots.
This means that simoleans and lots will not be transferred in these LOT-less and SIMOLEAN-less moves. This is an OPTIONAL move - if you want to keep your lot do NOT do this LOT-less and SIMOLEAN-less move. Instead wait for the merge to TC3.

Merge TC to TC3: Wednesday 11/28/2007 we hoping to perform the full city Test Center to Test Center 3 merge.
This merge will bring everything except Simoleans.
Before this merge can happen another section of the far, far, far, far zoom will be made available. For those currently in tc3 you will be able to purchase lots there. Please test this so we see if the new map sections actually behave as we expect them to.

So all this is still the same plan except.....

TC to TC3 Moves: is now 11/28/2007

and this
Merge TC to TC3: is now 12/05/2007

We hope.

Does this help?

Lee

M

Monkeybear

I've scheduled a move from TC to TC3 and got a message saying it's one way.. will my sim be in TC3 tomorrow? Or is it a bug that I can pick a move

G

I scheduled a sim to move from TC to Tc3 yesterday. He didn't move this morning.

G

I believe the ability to move from TC to TC3 was what was delayed last Weds......I think you have to wait for the patch/update this week.

I

imported_DutchAmerica

Lee said last night that 'move to TC3 from TC' would be enabled this week with the merge to take place Dec. 5.

Don't know if they've changed their minds on that or not.

G

I can schedule a move it just isn't moving. Earlier in a post Im sure he said "Moves have been enabled"