• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is the Chesapeake community satisfied with EM Dudley?

Is the Chesapeake community satisfied with EM Dudley?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you satisfied with the way he runs things or not, just a simple poll to see where we stand as a community

A

A Stoned Mariner

This is beyond ignorant. Dudley is hands down one of the top EM's in UO.

Whatever personal complaints or inequities you are perceiving he is perpetrating on Chessy are just that...personal.

Trying to drag his name through the mud in the court of public opinion is petty and childish.

And from the results of the poll thus far...ineffective to boot!

G

Glenar

This is beyond ignorant. Dudley is hands down one of the top EM's in UO.

Whatever personal complaints or inequities you are perceiving he is perpetrating on Chessy are just that...personal.

Trying to drag his name through the mud in the court of public opinion is petty and childish.

And from the results of the poll thus far...ineffective to boot!

No Way I can Agree any more to this statement than to applaud you! Thank you! this is a rediculous childish and petty stunt! little cry babies need a Nap! Geeesh!

Sean

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well put Stoned Mariner, well put.

I'm also sick of statements like this:

"P.S. - we as a community are sick of getting......."

Try speaking for yourself.

A

Adolphus Wilhiem

I don't own a house on Chesa nor do I post on stratics often, but I do attend EM events here commonly.

EM Events are the only reason I still play UO, arsehattery like this post would have driven me off a long time ago.

You are not happy with Dudley because you are a rares profiteer and he doesn't give you the items you want, in the frequency you want, with the rarity you want.

Basically you play a game of 'Speculation' and he is cramping your style, so you are being the 'squeaky wheel' hoping to get some grease. I highly doubt its gonna happen.

The problem is, you follow a false assumption that everyone agrees with you, will follow you, or otherwise cares what it is you have to say.

You do not speak for me, you do not speak for anyone else on this server, so don't pretend to.

Normally a post like this would be just fine, however given the tone and tenor of your other posts recently as well as in the past it is obvious that your ONLY focus is on Rare Items, buying, selling and speculating; while trashing the EMs for doing whats good for the community over whats good for your bank vault/wallet.

Honestly, the more Dudley and the other EMs focus on story over items the happier most of us are, the better the game experience gets and the more people like you scream and cry.

Keep crying, the more you cry the better an EM Dudley is in my opinion.

A

A Stoned Mariner

I'm not a role player at all, beyond calling myself "A Stoned Mariner" and promoting marijuana through colorful satire.

I have collected rares for over 10 years, literally since the first couple months I got into UO.

I just think with all the rares in game. All the opportunities to get them through buying/selling, EM events on a dozen servers. That crying about our EM (who is a great EM regardless of your criticisms) is a waste of time and energy.

And a bunch of crybabies moaning is not going to remove a competent and well respected EM. If anything you simply are alienating yourself from the greater Chessy community.

N

NewThunder

I voted no by accident, i just wanted to see the results. I think the poll is kind of sad. If you do not like the EM events, you should email Mesa with suggestions, but a poll means ZERO

R

Rivi

A Stoned Mariner;1884219 I just think with all the rares in game. All the opportunities to get them through buying/selling said:
This is exactly my point... rares are plentiful on all the other shards and we on Chessy should not have to buy them or participate on other shards to be able to collect items. Chessy should be entitled to the same amount of items, both in the number of items created and in the amount of the created items being given out. All shards should be equal in the number of items created and the number of the items being given out. For example most shards got 4 items for Christmas which were given out multiple times, Chessy got 2 items that were given out once for a very very short period of time. This is not fair to us as a Chessy Community.

I should not have to move to another shard to be able to obtain items. It should not be up to the EM to decide if we get items or not. This should be standard across all shards in number of created items and then the amount of these created items given out, but then let the unique history be built around the different items that storylines create on the shards. Keeping with the Christmas example, all shards should have had 4 items given out multiple times, but the uniqueness stays by each shard having 4 items that are unique to their shard.

And just to avoid the remarks about selling and profiting. I DO NOT AND HAVE NOT sold rares. Yes I collect and if I am lucky to get extras I give out to my close friends and guildmates, and they will attest to that.

And to continue this is not just about rares. This is about communication and respect both ways from players to ems and from ems to players. Attend some events on Origin and you will see mutual respect between players and ems.

For examples of this see the following posts:

http://vboards.stratics.com/chesapeake-em-forum/231308-cant-even-ask-questions.html

http://vboards.stratics.com/chesapeake-em-forum/230711-helga-has-not-responded.html

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-ches...nships-complete-livery-quest.html#post1881527 (read the full post for the whole picture)

And my last point is that I and several others that I know are not voting in this poll as we fear repercussions of our vote and feel that it won't matter anyhow.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not a role player at all, beyond calling myself "A Stoned Mariner" and promoting marijuana through colorful satire.

I have collected rares for over 10 years, literally since the first couple months I got into UO.

I just think with all the rares in game. All the opportunities to get them through buying/selling, EM events on a dozen servers. That crying about our EM (who is a great EM regardless of your criticisms) is a waste of time and energy.

And a bunch of crybabies moaning is not going to remove a competent and well respected EM. If anything you simply are alienating yourself from the greater Chessy community.
do me a favor, learn to respect a persons opinion, if i want to start a poll i will, don't call people crybabies because they feel a different way than you do, that is very childish sir

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted no by accident, i just wanted to see the results. I think the poll is kind of sad. If you do not like the EM events, you should email Mesa with suggestions, but a poll means ZERO
i sent Mesanna about 5 e-mails in the past 2 weeks, not 1 response from any of them, and a poll does mean something to me so i can see how many people agree with me, its not a matter of who wins yes or no, its a matter of how many people are dissatisfied with the way things are being run

C

Clair The Mystic

1. I do not collect rares. I have a few, but I have them because I like them or they mean something to me because a friend gave them to me. The fact that they are "rare" is just not that important to me. My opinions have nothing to do with rares.

2. Dudley does not respond to reasonable criticism, other than to blow it off. We have the right to question his actions. I will own being a "crybaby" if it is because I am complaining when someone who is supposed to be serving me and the other players of Chessy refuses to be accountable for his or her actions.

3. Who said anything about removing an EM? We have been through the same argument 3 or 4 times at least since the EM program was instituted and Dudley came to the shard. Every player should expect strait answers when they ask a question in good faith. Every player should expect equal treatment compared to other shards. Don't put words into other people's mouths.

4. Please explain how those of us who are unhappy lost our right to express it? Explain how my complaints are unfounded? Quit trying to sweep us under the rug by calling us "greedy" or "crybabies" or any of the other negative terms that we have been called over the past year or two.

A

A Stoned Mariner

Demon you act like nobody on the forums knows your history of judgment and negativity towards Dudley and the Chessy EM's.

So the whole "ohh this is just an innocent survery", where you word it is non-descript as possible and try to act like this is some just whimsical question you are asking...is a joke. I know it, you know it, we all know it.

You made the poll with an agenda. You are absolutely right, you are entitled to do it, as well as have an opinion.

As are those who disagree, as we have proven abundantly here in this thread.

But yes, this is a crybaby post. This is a "whaaaa whaaa we are ENTITLED??? to more EM items just like other shards may or may not get at any given time".

Nobody is "entitled" to jack crap. Show me where the UO TOS says EM items will be distributed and apportioned shard by shard based on quantity and quality and population and blah blah blah.

The only thing you are "entitled" to when you sign the TOS from UO is access to the game. IN WHATEVER FORM THEY SO DESIRE TO PRODUCE.

Case closed!

G

Gunga_Din

In all honesty, these drops don't mean much to me anymore. I preferred when I just did the events for the story line and RP interaction with the community.

Once I turned to " I want an item !!! Give me gold !!! Cha ching !!!" Then It became more irritating and I myself wanted more drops and it was all about the items. This is not the right path to follow.

I enjoy most of the story lines and try to RP if possible now. I don't do events on other shards anymore. My only complaint was the long story lines, I wanted short bursts of different stories lasting maybe 3 parts. Nothing too long. Thats about it.

Dudley is a fine EM. Event Item numbers or quality should in no way be used to gauge his efficacy as an EM. Sorry Demon, this post is low class. You should have just emailed him in a polite way and continued to talk to him in that manner from day 1. Once you start these witch hunt type affairs, you gain nothing and you look like a jackass.

I vote YES !!! and those who vote NO, I will find you and harbinger your asses to death !!! Mu ha ha !! mu ha ha !!!

C

Clair The Mystic

In all honesty, these drops don't mean much to me anymore. I preferred when I just did the events for the story line and RP interaction with the community.

Once I turned to " I want an item !!! Give me gold !!! Cha ching !!!" Then It became more irritating and I myself wanted more drops and it was all about the items. This is not the right path to follow.

I enjoy most of the story lines and try to RP if possible now. I don't do events on other shards anymore. My only complaint was the long story lines, I wanted short bursts of different stories lasting maybe 3 parts. Nothing too long. Thats about it.

Dudley is a fine EM. Event Item numbers or quality should in no way be used to gauge his efficacy as an EM. Sorry Demon, this post is low class. You should have just emailed him in a polite way and continued to talk to him in that manner from day 1. Once you start these witch hunt type affairs, you gain nothing and you look like a jackass.

I vote YES !!! and those who vote NO, I will find you and harbinger your asses to death !!! Mu ha ha !! mu ha ha !!!
Gunga, are you saying that Dudley does not make mistakes? He makes them all the time. The problem is he NEVER admits them like an adult or does anything to correct them. Emailing does nothing. Rivi has emailed him multiple times. We have tried and tried to handle this the "right" way. We just get blown off and ignored. It seems that as long as Dudley is not screwing over his defenders, they do not care that he is screwing over others.

R

Reapse Petitor

Funny Gunga but I have heard the opposite come out of your mouth when it is a more private communication.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Demon you act like nobody on the forums knows your history of judgment and negativity towards Dudley and the Chessy EM's.

So the whole "ohh this is just an innocent survery", where you word it is non-descript as possible and try to act like this is some just whimsical question you are asking...is a joke. I know it, you know it, we all know it.

You made the poll with an agenda. You are absolutely right, you are entitled to do it, as well as have an opinion.

As are those who disagree, as we have proven abundantly here in this thread.

But yes, this is a crybaby post. This is a "whaaaa whaaa we are ENTITLED??? to more EM items just like other shards may or may not get at any given time".

Nobody is "entitled" to jack crap. Show me where the UO TOS says EM items will be distributed and apportioned shard by shard based on quantity and quality and population and blah blah blah.

The only thing you are "entitled" to when you sign the TOS from UO is access to the game. IN WHATEVER FORM THEY SO DESIRE TO PRODUCE.

Case closed!
first of all i don't think i know you, i asked around who you were and someone said you are a member of the Merxmere township that fishes all day or something so don't act like you know me

now back to the topic, the purpose of the survey is to see how many people want something changed in the way events are ran or the way Dudley acts, that is all, i didn't say we need to get rid of him, just changes need to be made. Regarding my negativity towards dudley and chesapeake EMs, yes i had problems with the way dudley is conducting himself during events, however I had no problem with EM Tailspin and EM Faine Morgan when they were on Chesapeake, i enjoyed them a lot, i did not like EM Vladimir at all either as well as many others. EM Drosselmeyer seems like a good guy, I'm just waiting for him to do his own events sometimes instead of only tag-teaming with EM Dudley for events.

as the atlantic EM recently posted to the community on that shard "As I have said from day one, this is YOUR EM program, I am just the Event Moderator. I am willing to take all feedback, event ideas, and target audience ideas to heart."

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny Gunga but I have heard the opposite come out of your mouth when it is a more private communication.
i was about to reply with the same thing, Gunga has expressed how he doesn't like the way events are conducted on Chesapeake many times to me and does not want to get on the EMs bad side which is why he isn't expressing that opinion here, me on the other hand i really don't care about what can happen to me, if i want to express my opinion I will, I am a paying customer and i won't let anyone intimidate me

C

Clair The Mystic

Case closed!
We are ENTITLED to adult behavior by those who are charged to serve us. When you go to a restaurant do you take what ever the establishment decides to serve you? Do you buy what ever the store of your choice has in stock, even if you don't like what they have and the person selling what you don't really want is rude? I just don't understand your point, unless you are saying we should DRINK OUR TEA, PAY THE TAX ON IT, and SHUT THE HELL UP. In that case, lets toss it in the harbor.

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to further discuss this here when you can discuss it tonight at

Shard Meeting TONIGHT with EM Dudley & Mesanna @ 9pm ET in the Luna Fair Blaze Tent

This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.