• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is siege still being ruined?

P

P!r@te

By overwhelming..

Dismounts
Numbers
And Tamers?

All that still going on as often as before we left?

P

P!r@te

My big problem was the Dismount, Imo you can just avoid tamers.

Also.. ive heard the Super Dragons are crazy strong ( And being abused by the nubs ) Guessing thats true also?

G

Numbers is still a problem, we are to few on the shard but maybe the Petball and IA changes will help.
Also we got some changes to runic tools that will help.

Slow RoT, one char slot, greedy PC vendors and no Siege on the shard list for new players are still show stoppers.
Also Storing problems for players with Siege as second shard is a problem.

If we just was more players, Siege would be alive again and all the other problems would mean less.

C

Calibretto

Yes the super drags are way out of control.

85 point fireballs with 70 resist is a little ridiculous.

Still alot of dismounters too. I don't mind that as much as getting one hit killed by someones pet.

P

P!r@te

Lemme ask a Serious question, These dragons are being run by choice? So why ruin the shard by choice?

C

Calibretto

I'm not sure bro.

I think all they care about is winning. Soon it will just be a bunch of tamers fighting each other, and I'll be onto bigger and better things.

P

P!r@te

Yah thats why i liked running a mage.. Because its *Fun* to pvp as a mage win or lose.. But when you dismount me everytime we fight.. i dont get to pvp.. i get to try to survive a huge gank while alone, die, then get told im a newb.

Lol been playing old uo since we left...

C

Calibretto

I feel you there bro.

I run out onto the field. get killed.

Then they just can't stop at looting me. They have to call me names, cut my [censored] up throw it all over the ground, kill my horse.

And this is the respect they give a shown template. Imagine what they do to the tamers when they kill em. ^^

N

Nymrod Anthes

I know that im usually not on to the pvp prime time due to my time zone.
But the last cpl days i have been playing late and are u the Calibretto in WCB ? allied with JSV ?

I havent fought TnA a lot so i cant tell if ur talking about them but who else besides KOC fighting u then ?! cuz there is no dismounter left in KOC that i can think of right now. Neither are tamers except sometimes like one or two to disco other pets.

Im just curious, maybe im wrong.

BUt i know like 5 dismounters on your side. And around 4 tamers.

C

Calibretto

That's me bro. Sat night is the first time I was on in almost two weeks. So I speak from that time frame. Lately it's been Slevin and nerve strike running it to me. Which is much better than a pet kill any day.(sell me my armor back?)

I

imported_SavageSP

Nothing has changed, S.o.S.D.D.

EA is Nerfing the crap out of the Petball, long overdue but also more extremely then they should be.
If EA did something with Pet Damage there would still be dismount ganks, If they removed the Dismount Move from the Heavy there would still be Zergs.

As long as Pets and Dismount Bows are available, people will be using them, and others will run them to equalize, or because it helps them win.
All 3 of the big alliances use them now despite any potential claim of not doing so. When and if these are addressed, some other new "Overpowered" complaint will pop up.... Nerve Strike? Stealth?

No one will ever be satisfied with the way the Balance or Imbalance is layed out until there is only one Skillset that everyone has to use, in someones mind somewhere it will always be "Unfair" or "Overpowered" to one side or another.

I cannot find a better Game or better People to play with, so until then I'll be here losing my Crap like the rest of you.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

Lemme ask a Serious question, These dragons are being run by choice? So why ruin the shard by choice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because there are too many people in this world who care more about themselves than anything or anyone else. That's the crux of the issue, although I'm sure every single person using them will just say they are doing it because everyone else is....

G

ah yes the age old discussion of the hypocrite crusaders.

The community of siege is plauged by a game system that caters to the production shards because face it, that is where most of the players are so thus where the money is coming from. They will not make large game level changes solely to fix siege.

The situation is never helped by anyone invlolved on the playing field either.
There will always be advantages and disadvantages. Hackers, people with faster computers, unbalanced templates, and game strategies of poor taste.
The old vets attempt a constant stranglehold on all, and the new players will take and use whatever is available to survive on the shard. Some of the old vets will use whatever means to win as well.

There is no complaint anyone will share to other players or EA that will fix this.
Other than for the purpose of venting, the discussion is a waste.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ah yes the age old discussion of the hypocrite crusaders.

The community of siege is plauged by a game system that caters to the production shards because face it, that is where most of the players are so thus where the money is coming from. They will not make large game level changes solely to fix siege.

The situation is never helped by anyone invlolved on the playing field either.
There will always be advantages and disadvantages. Hackers, people with faster computers, unbalanced templates, and game strategies of poor taste.
The old vets attempt a constant stranglehold on all, and the new players will take and use whatever is available to survive on the shard. Some of the old vets will use whatever means to win as well.

There is no complaint anyone will share to other players or EA that will fix this.

[/ QUOTE ]

They don't need to change the other shards to make changes on Siege, it could be done very easily with a two man development team dedicated to Siege and Mugen. There is no reason that changes made here have to effect other shards.

R

Rykus

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

This sums up 99% of the conversations on most forums, but especially holds true for U.Hall.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I run a super dragon by choice.

I did not accuse anyone of "ruining the shard" when I was getting Necro whacked all the time. When the game comes around to making one's template strong, you take advantage of it and win a few more than you lose.

They will nerf the tamers and another template will rise. This is the way of UO.

G

<blockquote><hr>

They don't need to change the other shards to make changes on Siege, it could be done very easily with a two man development team dedicated to Siege and Mugen. There is no reason that changes made here have to effect other shards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, but seeing as Siege has what, a 1000 account playerbase, it makes no financial sense for them to dedicate any financial resources to Siege. It's just not going to happen...

G

the real problems are stealth, ninjitsu, and a non-uniform movement speed. When everyone was on dial-up and there were not an abundance of spoiler sites around, and there were no "phat_lewtz" UO was a game of skill. Every game that I can think of, (Quake, CS, EQ1, Jedi Knight etc) that turned out to be good was good because people were either moving all at the same speed, or were offered in game buffs (with effective debuffs) to increase movement speed. All the gimps whining about how dismount leads to a gank death are (a) inexperienced about gaming in general and/or (b) bleeding vags because their connection (oops i mean mad skillz) cant save their ass from an easy getaway.

And Im gonna say this because i know the "olol u hugg teh GZ nasty bunch" trash is about to start flying. If you run stealth (and im about to put it on my template because its almost a requriement just like taming) you are carrying a [censored] free, *instant*, virtually manaless escape; so dont talk about hugging GZ when you got one in your [censored] backpack.

I

imported_SavageSP

<blockquote><hr>

the real problems are stealth, ninjitsu, and a non-uniform movement speed. When everyone was on dial-up and there were not an abundance of spoiler sites around, and there were no "phat_lewtz" UO was a game of skill. Every game that I can think of, (Quake, CS, EQ1, Jedi Knight etc) that turned out to be good was good because people were either moving all at the same speed, or were offered in game buffs (with effective debuffs) to increase movement speed. All the gimps whining about how dismount leads to a gank death are (a) inexperienced about gaming in general and/or (b) bleeding vags because their connection (oops i mean mad skillz) cant save their ass from an easy getaway.

And Im gonna say this because i know the "olol u hugg teh GZ nasty bunch" trash is about to start flying. If you run stealth (and im about to put it on my template because its almost a requriement just like taming) you are carrying a [censored] free, *instant*, virtually manaless escape; so dont talk about hugging GZ when you got one in your [censored] backpack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explain my inexperience in Gaming, I wish to be enlightened.

My Game Speed is average to above average, I dont use "easy Get away buttons" nor do I hang out in the GZ. As far as the smoke bomb, I use it on 2 of my 7 characters, why are you adding it to your Templet again?
And I really wanna see you use your manaless escape after youve dumped or been vamped or better yet been knocked out of form or dismounted.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, but seeing as Siege has what, a 1000 account playerbase, it makes no financial sense for them to dedicate any financial resources to Siege. It's just not going to happen...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gotta disagree there. Siege has less people but more accounts per person. IF the shard got the commitment it deserves (by a development team) it would likely cause a huge increase in the number of people playing on Siege. Not to mention, it is both Siege and Mugen that would benefit from this, so take those numbers x2. The problem is they wont commit the people because we dont have the numbers now, but thats the catch 22....If you build it, they will come.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, cause everyone knows that when you hide the guards automatically come and kill your opponent for you....nice comparison

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

By overwhelming..

Dismounts
Numbers
And Tamers?

All that still going on as often as before we left?

[/ QUOTE ]

No dude... the shard still sucks.

The community does nothing but sabotage its own progress. But, just think... by the time you come back to ask this question we'll have had another poll or two covering the same subjects.

G

As always, you speak for yourself. The shard is making progress. It sucks no worse than any other shard. It is just different.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

im not a tamer, but i would assume when your enemies are using cheap 1 hit kill dragons then naturally you would balance it out best you could by getting one yourself. this is not to say i am in any way against cheap 1 hit moves, just explaining it the way i see it.

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

As always, you speak for yourself. The shard is making progress. It sucks no worse than any other shard. It is just different.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as usual, you wind up talking out the side of your mouth.

So.... what progress has the shard made Kelmo?

I say it hasn't made progress and you say it has... the proofs in the pudding.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

And as usual, you wind up talking out the side of your mouth.

So.... what progress has the shard made Kelmo?

I say it hasn't made progress and you say it has... the proofs in the pudding.

[/ QUOTE ]

i personally like siege better than my old shard. i made the move here about a year or so ago after like 8-9 years on atlantic, and havent looked back since.............

P

P!r@te

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

im not a tamer, but i would assume when your enemies are using cheap 1 hit kill dragons then naturally you would balance it out best you could by getting one yourself. this is not to say i am in any way against cheap 1 hit moves, just explaining it the way i see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

One hit pvp isnt fun.. One hit kill is all about the Win, i dont really care if i win if it was a blast fighting.. But it never is.. Its always... about the win.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too am waiting to see what this progress you speak of...hell if anything I think the shard is being run into the ground but that is my opinion.

a ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
maybe to some but i wouldn't consider 10 months of siege new? I probably know about as much as you..still don't see any specific things that have improved in your reply

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you gotta sometimes sit back and laugh when someone uses game mechanics to one hit you.... maybe just me because i die alot as a thief anyways. I however dont like it when its the same ole' gank every day....so guys if your gonna one hit us at least take the time to do it in an original manner.

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One hit pvp isnt fun.. One hit kill is all about the Win, i dont really care if i win if it was a blast fighting.. But it never is.. Its always... about the win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pet ball changes are going to make a big difference. Tamers won't be nearly as much of an issue, dismounting will be... but you won't see near as much dismounting "all kills".

In my book, any progress in the right direction is good progress. This petball change means the "new" EA branch (I say "new" because the EA UO offices were ORIGINALLY in Virginia. Maybe this is why the GM support was OK back then and has been better since it's moved back there,) is at least listening and TRYING to make positive changes.

Main problem I have with this petball change is it will be harder to USE petballs to get out of a dismount. There will be a casting delay applied to petballs, which is useless and quite poorly thought out... casting delays weren't needed nearly as much as a visual cue ala bolas or simply a reuse delay by itself.

However if they're changing this, one can only hope we can nudge them to put the dismount archer next on the list. Bolas aren't the problem... just dismount shot especially fresh out of stealth.

With all this being said, anyone just blowing hot air complaining isn't really helping the problem. Petition EA, make a constructive post, offer suggestions or pan for them, with enough support things will change, they've already shown issues are at least being considered... at the least.

To all who say EA doesn't care about Siege on a financial level, I would agree if it weren't for one point... a lot of Siege people play other shards. In a business sense it's foolish to alienate any of your customer base, and EA wants to keep UO going. It's a relatively low cost service for the company to provide as far as updates and much new equipment are concerned... and I doubt they take the time to differentiate between "Siege" customers and "prodo" customers... if for no other reason than a lot of Siegers ARE "prodo" players as well. Completely alienating siege would only send a message to the rest of UO that customers are being flat out ignored and I doubt EA wants that.

G

I have seen a lot of change in my five years. *nods* I suspect more to come.

I

imported_SavageSP

I agree with what you said, they went a little to far on the petball nerf, but there is room for some hope with changes, and maybe Heavy Crossbow dismount will get addressed soon.
Hopefully they target just the one Bow and not take a 20 pound Nerf Bat to it.

A

Azural Kane

Tamers shouldn't completely get the shaft, either. They should have some small function in PVP at least, we have to be fair on all sides. The petball timer has made it so tamers can't SPAM the petball to make the pet keep up with a player they're trying to kill... great... but there should still be SOME means of dismount otherwise ALL pets will be useless in PVP (thus alienating a huge chunk of somewhat casual players.) ***It should just be a hard thing to accomplish and not necessarily guarantee death.*** If pets weren't such spell spamming damage machines it wouldn't be as much of an issue.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes siege is still being played as a group of people who enjoy fighting as guilds and working together with said templates... Too bad yall burned every bridge possible on siege.... But then agian you guys prefer skills over #'s and solo vs group.....

I dont know though if you guys were to get name changes and try to join a guild you may have a decent time.... Prolly not though you enjoy the single player shooter type games and cannot handle a death!

But yea Siege is still siege, 3 main guilds running the shard... And you have the occasional teleport/wall gank set up mages....

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im all for the spamming petballs, but the pets themselves should probably be took down a notch in their phisical attacks, as well as spells and distance they can cast. its not really all that great that the new dragons can cast for what seems like about 4 screens to me. maybe like 10 tiles like a regular mage, perhaps less because of the power they wield. maybe like a 1 second freeze when yopu use em...that wouldnt be bad at all.

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know what is being ruined or not, you guys play 2-3 weeks at a time run your mouths and than quit again...

Its been 2 months are you going to come through on your garauntee to own the shard with your new templates once their finished.... I think 2 months is enough time to finish a template...

But im sure your excuse will be that you have a life and dont have time to get every rot gain possible.... Same ole storm and dante show...

If When Should Could Most likly Prolly will garauntee to be owning siege once our templates are done!

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Yah thats why i liked running a mage.. Because its *Fun* to pvp as a mage win or lose.. But when you dismount me everytime we fight.. i dont get to pvp.. i get to try to survive a huge gank while alone, die, then get told im a newb.

Lol been playing old uo since we left...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe if you were honorable and actually fought 1 v 1 and didnt run away everytime an enemy is on your screen you wouldnt be dismouted.... And if you D:ID fight 1 v 1 maybe someone wouldnt call in back up knowin that you already have storm/dante and razic waiting around the corner....

Then again a 3 v 1 gank doesnt count when you dont dismount and just evil omen para "GANK"..... Go back to harry potter guys, we didnt miss you that much.

Jeremiah (JSV)

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know what is being ruined or not, you guys play 2-3 weeks at a time run your mouths and than quit again...

Its been 2 months are you going to come through on your garauntee to own the shard with your new templates once their finished.... I think 2 months is enough time to finish a template...

But im sure your excuse will be that you have a life and dont have time to get every rot gain possible.... Same ole storm and dante show...

If When Should Could Most likly Prolly will garauntee to be owning siege once our templates are done!

[/ QUOTE ]

wow,,this may be the first time ive ever agreed with puffy. i gotta go cut my wrists now......

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I feel you there bro.

I run out onto the field. get killed.

Then they just can't stop at looting me. They have to call me names, cut my [censored] up throw it all over the ground, kill my horse.

And this is the respect they give a shown template. Imagine what they do to the tamers when they kill em. ^^

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not one of those people.... But i know some of the people in your alliance do that to me everytime I show on screen dead or alive... sooo pot kettle?

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

But you gotta sometimes sit back and laugh when someone uses game mechanics to one hit you.... maybe just me because i die alot as a thief anyways. I however dont like it when its the same ole' gank every day....so guys if your gonna one hit us at least take the time to do it in an original manner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same ole' gank everyday... JsWee much?

I take that back their have been more pvp templates although they are stealth dismounters.... At least they arent as many tamers!

I

imported_dexdash

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

As long as you feel good about yourself. *nods* Carry on the good fight. Just know there will be some that disagree. Always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you always have to sound like a 1930's radio broadcasting from the forum sidelines?

"And somewhere out there *nods* is someone who doesn't believe in what you believe. Remember, boys and girls. Always."

[/ QUOTE ]

let me translate some kelmo talk for you

*smiles* "i wish your mother never gave you a keyboard"
*nods* "if you where in front of me you little prick i'd ring your neck"
*waves* "karma will get you in the end"

G

<blockquote><hr>

lol i didnt know a nice way to put that one.......

[/ QUOTE ]

*chuckles*

Tis all a matter of interpretation !

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

*chuckles* You forgot that one.

[/ QUOTE ]

*snickers*

[/ QUOTE ]

*rolls eyes*

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Didnt the DiE guild say this as well? Havent seen them in months. I think they took the hint