• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Napa worth returning to?

Valerin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Played here for years, years ago. Thought about getting back into it (probably start new characters from scratch).

Last time I logged in, about a year ago, I ran around Luna bank and streets, and it was completely empty. Maybe that's attributed to the new (to me, at the time), chat channels? It was kinda depressing, and I really couldn't find anyone, anywhere.

Anyways, if I do start from scratch, is Napa a decent place to do it? Or should I just pop over to a more popular server like Atlantic.. Will mostly be doing PVM for a long time since I won't have any decent suits/weapons. Any decent guilds still on the server?

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive been kicking around for about a week now.. I dont see anyone but in Luna.... I dont even have any macros set up.... :/

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I post here on the word association games, but don't actually play the shard much.

Valerin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Are there any functioning guilds on Napa? Also I think I remember you Savatage.

(formerly Rosh, Valerin, Figueroa, Katarn from M^F, B-C)

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there seems to be.. But Ive been finding more action on Baja than here.... Even got a royal pardon for my stealth archer and hes at 0 counts from over 5k.. lol

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Played here for years, years ago. Thought about getting back into it (probably start new characters from scratch).

Last time I logged in, about a year ago, I ran around Luna bank and streets, and it was completely empty. Maybe that's attributed to the new (to me, at the time), chat channels? It was kinda depressing, and I really couldn't find anyone, anywhere.

Anyways, if I do start from scratch, is Napa a decent place to do it? Or should I just pop over to a more popular server like Atlantic.. Will mostly be doing PVM for a long time since I won't have any decent suits/weapons. Any decent guilds still on the server?
You can usually catch me running around. Usually under kronal or ferrious. I should have some things you would find useful. As far as guilds go o have no idea... i tend to be anti socoal ;)

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A bit of Action on Baja... I have transfered a few of my characters from Napa... Kinda sad.. My home shard since it came online in 97.. But nothing happening anymore here...

And Yes Rosh.. Its me! I remember you also.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I moved to Pacific. nice activity there, decent pvp, only a little bit of smack talk from time to time
sometimes a migrating pvp guild will pop in from baja, but the resident pvpers are pdq on kicking them to the curb

i'd say Pac is sorta a few steps above napa insofar as activity. no real RP-pvp going on like it was here on Napa (I think I remember you from the Bear Clan) but otherwise is fun and I get my slash work done before my butt gets smacked around into the grey realm. :)

(sorry deraj - is a time zone thing being in hawaii and all)

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Napa has been my home for many years and is far from dead.
Sure there aren't as many players hanging out everywhere and spamming constantly in chat, we are out doing whatever it is we feel like doing!
Guess it depends on what your looking for in a shard. Atlantic has the most active shard by far but I like the more laid back kinda place.
Like "Cheers" where everybody knows your name! :)