• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is it up? is it up?

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Funny you should mention this. I remember people took days off work to try and place houses in Malas but the laaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggg was so bad most people could only get a few footsteps from the portal before they were kicked off the server. People got up at INSANE times to try and login and grab a piece of the property market. The vampires placed a whole town, Sanctium, in Malas. Guilds had huge villages there such as Rhovanion. But ultimately all Malas did was help to kill off the vast majority of regular players. Awful awful place.

MadSeven

Visitor
Yup, I think I placed my first house in Malas at least 30 or 40 times. It would seem to stick then poof, disconnected, house gone. Not sure it was Malas that killed the regulars though, it seemed a bit too empty of content for that. I think it may have been the Neon and the lack of high quality graphics, or perhaps the item driven economy... Many got lured to fancier, easier games. I left in 2003 or 2004 because it seemed it would be over soon, imagine my surprise a few weeks ago when I came back ;-)

Morbeous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I also left in 2003. Went to a game called Horizons which is still running although its now called Istaria