• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it Bug - Detect Hidden will reveal yourself out.

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dear all and UO staff,

I note that, but I am not sure, I have hidden and sleath around to use detect hidden, but I found I was revealed, I tried to track but no other ppl there, animals, monster, players...etc..

What is the problem? is it bug?
I am in GM
Detect hidden
Hiding
Sleath
Tracking

MOSMOS

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes... it keeps reveal, moreover, if u dont move, it will suddenly teleport you to other location within the basement.

Terrible.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, it is just the Blackthorn dungeon. It was added for those hider tamers that you always see down there.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I think that neither using Detect Hidden nor Lockpicking should reveal oneself.

At the very most, it should be a scalar chance thing, depending on the skill ability in detecting hidden, hiding and lockpicking so that at highest levels, these activities should not reveal oneself.

I mean, Hiding is 100,0 skill points and so Lockpicking and Detecting Hidden, adding Stealthing we have some 420 skill points out of the 720 total max. That's a WHOLE lot of skill points invested.

I think that if a template has them all, the very least which they deserve is NOT being revealed when detecting hidden or picking a lock.

Of course, if someone else is detecting hidden on a hidden character this activity SHOULD have a chance to reveal the hidden character.

What I am saying, is that the "act" of performing detect hidden on "someone else" should NOT reveal the character performing the detect hidden activity but ONLY the target of the activity if the random generator decides so.

Example.

Player A has all maxed out hiding, stealthing, detect hidden and lockpicking.

Player B has 90,0 hiding.

Player A uses, while hidden and stealthing, detect hidden on player B (well, on an area where player B is hidden).

While the act of using detect hidden SHOULD reveal player B, it should NOT reveal the performing character of the act, player A.

That's how I think it should work.

Last edited: