• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it any good version4 - final instalment of the ground floor? hopefully lol

K

kray2s

hi all,

I am hoping that this will be the last time for a while that i will be posting a pic of this floor - feels like i been at it years now lol

I want to move on to the next floor theres a lot more challenges to be had there hehehehe :)

So i going to make this as brief as possible

Heres the picture: -

I hae ripped up all the pinky red gozza matsand lft some of the black, i placed the virtue tiles down untill such time as i gather enough red fish nets

I did like the boxes and gozza idea for storage and display but then i had a thought of chopping some tables up (for reference the bits included in the table are the spring clean up fire pits)

In the pew room thre are 2 boxes and gozza mat home built display cases - could anybody suggest what plants or item may add a little colour to this room as i feel it currently looks a bit bland.

So really im hoping to get a general yes or no to if this layout actually works??

Thanks for al your help on this floor and i hope to start annoyig you for ideas on the next level up soon :)

yours thankfuly
The KRAY Twins

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like it! The fire pits in the tables aren't what I'd have gone with but I bet they look pretty neat all lit up at night! I wonder if you could turn them into a light fixture? Hmmm...

For color in the pew room, what about finding artifacts or items to display that all share a common color theme? If you're going for red/white/black, pillows would work well (dye-able and you could scatter them over the pews!). You could also put some more poppies or roses ("rose in vase" from valentine's day, or whispering roses if you can find them) in planters/vases (make them out of barrels, dye tubs, cauldrons, minotaur vases...). Just some cheap suggestions. I can't wait to see floor #2... ooh, the excitement of deco! :D

K

kray2s

I like it! The fire pits in the tables aren't what I'd have gone with but I bet they look pretty neat all lit up at night! I wonder if you could turn them into a light fixture? Hmmm...
was thinking they would light up what i put around the edges of the table nicely :)

For color in the pew room, what about finding artifacts or items to display that all share a common color theme? If you're going for red/white/black, pillows would work well (dye-able and you could scatter them over the pews!).
Displaying items sat on top of pillows dyed to fit the theme:) i like it!! thanks for the idea :bowdown:

You could also put some more poppies or roses ("rose in vase" from valentine's day, or whispering roses if you can find them) in planters/vases (make them out of barrels, dye tubs, cauldrons, minotaur vases...). Just some cheap suggestions.
Its the finishing touches that make all the difference - its just racking the old brain cells to find something to fit in and compliment what is there now - heres hoping my brains working lol

I can't wait to see floor #2... ooh, the excitement of deco! :D
Call me pshycic but i think your going to regret that statement lol! For any of you who thought the groundfloor was messy just wait till you see the next one haha

I was not going to post a picture yet but now i got the deco bug hehehe

so watch the boards you may well find a new floor to play with in very near future (prob in couple of hours haha just so we can make a quick start - i wouldnt want those ideas drying up hahaha)

K

kray2s

Just as a side thought - would those fire pits in the table be better off in a shadow table rather than the dull copper i used??? (just thinking as the pit itself has a greyish edging to it that it may look strange when placed in the shadow)

Just wondered if the flame would be more visable? or if it would be too much of a contrast with whats already in the house!

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well you have nothing else stone-colored except your forge area outside, and the tables you have currently match that pretty well... I try to avoid too many colors per floor/house, since otherwise it's harder to tell where to look first (something you really want to avoid if you are displaying stuff in a museum). I dunno if the pits would look better in a shadow table or not, although I do think that the lighter tables look better with your walls. It's worth a try if you're not satisfied, but if you broke the tables to do that, remember you'll need a lot more granite or tables to do it again!

Looking forward to next floor! Deco challenge, go! *silly theme music plays* :D