• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it any good Version3 - Couple of build questions in here

K

kray2s

Here it is - Version 3 of the ground floor of the rares museum i am trying to build and deco nicely :)

Theres a couple of design ideas i could use opinions on at the end of the post so if anyone feels like answering or giving ideas i would really apprieciate it :)

Heres the pic: -

I can hear people saying "agghhhh black gozza mats are back but i am trying to build the red carpet that i forget names (i think sasarmi???) gave me in a previous thread.

Also i have gone to a deep(ish) red on the curtains so hopefully they fit better than the brightness of the purple that was there before :)

HELP with building ideas please: -

If i can draw your attention to the room with the pew benches in please

I was given the idea of using decorative boxes and gozzas as "planters" however, after placing them i thought they would make great display cases

So.... i would like to know how can i make it look like there is a glass case around the mats on top of the boxes????

Also just going back to the carpet - Should i extend the carpet all the way through the house so it goes in a straight line and finishes at the far wall (not turning it towards the door)?

Also i am using banner deeds through out the design which are red and white in colour - Should i reflect this in the carpet (example - one side goes white - red -white and other side goes red - white - red etc)? or would this make it too fussy?

I am having a real problem finding coloured fishing nets ( i guess this is due to the spring clean event currently going on) if any one has red (for definate) spare and Possibly some white fishing nets could you please pm me if u would sell them?

All comments welcomed and i wait in anticipation :)
Thanks in advance
so ... :thumbsup: or :thumbsdown:

C

Chaotic Barbie

I love red!!! lol I like it actually now the black gozas aren't so overpowering =]

K

kray2s

I love red!!! lol I like it actually now the black gozas aren't so overpowering =]
I find it absolutley amazing how changing the colour of items totally affects the feel / mood of the room :)

Wish i could find those damn fishing nets lol

Should i extend that carpet to go through the arch way to the far wall??

Also im about to play with that large display case in the pew room so any ideas for how to make it appear to be surrounded by glass would be apprieciated :)

C

Chaotic Barbie

Hmm it might look alright if you extended the "carpet" into the other room like a pathway to the other items. I'm not too sure about the display case though i'm not very creative :p but I like how it's looking now :D

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is really tough to find colored nets. I was lucky, on Baja there was a vendor who would sell 10 mixed colored nets in a box here and there for something like 100k or something. I buy them all up and sort them out and use them in projects. I still buy more when I can, I won't be happy till I have about 100 of each color I think.

I think you are going to really start to dislike me, I keep making suggestions that are difficult to implement. ;)

But! I think you would really benefit from a darker red goza color. Because I'm still using paint, which has bleeding issues, and my monitor brightness is pretty high, I took a picture of a red goza mat made from the level 1 BOD reward cloth next to the pic of the gozas you're using:

So yeah, if you went with this color you would have to aquire a great deal of the red BOD reward cloth. Well worth it I think, though! :D

Anyways, a long time ago I made some display cases out of silver coins (2 per pile to make a vertical line) all stacked up on each other and some black cloth, you could do the same with black gozas. Or you could do something with wooden staffs and other objects that lie in the correct direction. That would be trickier to work with tho.

I like the carpet turning and coming in from the front door rather than just being straight across. I think alternating white and red would be too fussy.

F

feath

for the glass, i was going to suggest a table on top of the gaza, with black cloth/gaza's on top. the table legs give the edges of the 'glass' (like sarsmi's coins)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Going with what Sarsmi said, you can get some much nicer reds by using reward cloth, a special dye tub or a 'bugged' leather dye tub that can dye cloth. I find the leather dye tub in particular gives much better colours for use as flooring gozas.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My eyes!!! The curtains and goza appear nuclear pink on my monitor. I can't focus on any of the other house elements - all I see is pink.

-Skylark

P.S. the crimson BoD reward cloth makes a rich dark red goza, but you still have the problem of the stupid "border". I had wanted to make an impressive entrance to a memorial and tried to use gozas. In the end it just looked like big color blocking squares and I ripped them all out.

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a pic of gozas made with the dark red/crimson BoD reward cloth.

This is what I was left with after I ripped out the "carpet" - I just kept the required gozas over the chopped stairs for my landing.

-Skylark

K

kray2s

My eyes!!! The curtains and goza appear nuclear pink on my monitor. I can't focus on any of the other house elements - all I see is pink.
hehehe i must appologise - the colour of the gozza mats at current will change it was a case of i had a tub that colour yet no dyes in my pack and was too tired to go through my many boxes to find the dyes, yet, being an impatient sod i had to see what it looked like

Sorry heheh but trust me they will change

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the display setup looks pretty good and will be better once the pink gozas are gone :p I do like that you have the boxes underneath for storage too. You could probably even work out a way to display on top some of the stuff that you have stored underneath for your own reference.

I think the carpet could be extended if you want, but I would keep it to the middle of each room, don't make it wander all over the place. If you are having trouble finding fishnets you might not want to make it any longer now, and see how many nets you can get first. I think the red curtains do look pretty nice.. I would try to make them a slightly darker red if you can, too. The sandstone is so bright already that it's tough to find a color that doesn't stand out blindingly against it.