• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is it any good? - Museum Workshop and kitchens :)

K

kray2s

Hi :)

I got this deco bug real bad hahaha:)

I know i said in previous post i was going to do the second floor but after looking through some posts and threads here i had inspiration to go ahead and do my 3rd floor :)

I already knew i was going to have a kitchen - i like my food rares and i wanted to display them in a natural setting (food in a kitchen :danceb:)

Was at a lost as to what to do in the adjoining room for ages until i saw the stone top counters post and once i had added them into the room the choice was easy to make :)

So please any comments on the following picture would be apprieciated:)

Museum Kitchens and Workshop :-

I am looking for ideas as to how to finish it off (the finer details)

On the stone tops will go a mix of tools and items (something along lines of a few axels, gears tinker tools and a dangerous creature replica of a golem, so maybe it would look like my workers were making the golem lol)

Normally i would scatter hay on the floor but that doesnt show up well on these floor tiles so pls all idea welcome.

I really think simplicity was key in the work room - i love those dye tub stations - simple yet somehow effective in my opinion anyhow:)

And to think i didnt have to annoy everyone with these rooms i did t all by myself :) . Well, with a little help from previous people/and threads.

C

Ceridwen

I like it. :) Although the green is a little weird (maybe put the green mug on the SE piece instead, so it isn't next to the forge?), and I would raise those... uh... cups? tokuno stealable next to the fireplace... up a few notches, so it's more in the middle.

Also like those dye-tub tables. :) Might have made them symetrical (sp?) though, put a flowerpot in between them (so the ends don't look so cut off) and put a carpet in the big space then.

Oh, and something you might want to use:
Paroxy's Dinner looks good over those fireplaces. :) Tried it out in my house and it fits well (at least in my opinion).

Just thought I'd throw it in. :)

... gosh I feel so silly, getting in the deco mood when seeing that but cringe at the thought of continuing at my homes. :p

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
looks great. I love the way you used the fire pits. Now I'm itching to go redo my house. :blushing:wonder what i'll lose this time because i forget to lock something down

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks great. I love the way you used the fire pits. Now I'm itching to go redo my house. :blushing:wonder what i'll lose this time because i forget to lock something down
If you are in a custom home and *only if* it will not screw up your deco (IE raised goza mats or fountains of youth) you can go into customize mode after you are done decorating and anything not locked down will go under the house sign. I'd recommend this if it isn't going to be a hassle to put anything back and you are moving/locking down a lot of valuable items.

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DevilsOwn has a good a idea about the water source. A trough would fit well in that corner and you could stick a barrel tap over it for effect pretty easily :)

A few well placed gozas or a heritage token rug would look nice on the floor in the dye area, too.