• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

is honorable PvPing still around???

• Thread starter sapphirediablo11
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
S

sapphirediablo11

I mean like 1v1s, because alot of places that i go to... as soon as you attack one person you are fighting 5+ other than arranging in advance... is there really anyone who stands alone??? not meant to be a rant or a troll, i just don't see 1v1 PvP anymore... and if i do... it is ruined before the fight ends :\

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What you just said..... could seriously, be interpreted as a question about almost any MMORPG I can think of.

I've never found fair PvP, honestly. In 13ish years of online gaming. If gankups are allowed there will be ganking. If corspecamping is allowed there will be corpsecamping. If exploits or cheats are around they will be used on you.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Pretty much no. Even on my beloved Siege. These days every one is in rapid fire contact with thier mates. If a fight breaks out, some one is gonna hear about it.

Some few will fight a stand up fight. It is rare. *nods*

G

gmcbroom

The only real 1vs1 pvping I know of is actually dueling at either Gilfane or Stone Haven arenas. But thats more like a 1 v 1 fight with rules of conduct. But it can be fun to watch. :) Atleast thats my experience on Siege Perilous. I'm sure there is some old school pvping going down somewhere though good luck finding it. :)

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good question, here's a better one.. Is any real PvP left around? Or are we all running scripts and speeders on our gimplates? :p

No, no wait! I'll answer to the original question too! If you wait another year it will be 1 on 1.. Cuz there will be about 2 people per shard the way it's going........ :eek:

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If there was uniqueness in crafter's marks that couldn't be aped by anyone just by creating a character with the same name, there would be many, many opportunities for player-run events (including tournaments/leagues) where the trophies had real value as symbols of accomplishment.

G

God_Majere

I get a lot of honorable one on one fights late night on Siege Perilous. The PvP is most balance and fun... I wish more people played Siege...

P

peanutbutter

I mean like 1v1s, because alot of places that i go to... as soon as you attack one person you are fighting 5+ other than arranging in advance... is there really anyone who stands alone??? not meant to be a rant or a troll, i just don't see 1v1 PvP anymore... and if i do... it is ruined before the fight ends :\
get in or start a guild and spar at your house.

i think you're talking about the good old days of the wrong roof and (maybe even) the mage training tower.

they are no more.

much of the "honor" then was maintained by original players and enhanced by GM's playing alongside the regular people. the devs took great interest in PvP community (since that's really all there was) even to the degree that they CREATED (or allowed) SHARD-UNIQUE items like the dualing pit on Lake Superior.

you can't just expect people to behave the way they used to when so much has changed. you can find hints of it here and there, but it isn't just going to happen.

and, like the other person said - much of the problem (if it is a problem) is that the mmorpg mindset has changed alot over the past few years. that consumer/participant mindset change is industry wide...

R

RichDC

It Seems to me that all the Virtues which made this game great are now fleetingly found!

Honour - seems to be a swear word or another language to most people in this game!!

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good question, here's a better one.. Is any real PvP left around? Or are we all running scripts and speeders on our gimplates? :p

No, no wait! I'll answer to the original question too! If you wait another year it will be 1 on 1.. Cuz there will be about 2 people per shard the way it's going........ :eek:
All day long all I see is your bitter posts all over evey thread, why?

If you have so much hate for UO the dry up and blow away, today!

I happen to love it as I have for the last 128 months (account age)

The only constent in uo is change!

N

Nastia Cross

I don't know about anywhere else, but I know alot of guys who are itching for 1v1 pvp and will actually tell guildies to back off from a fight... best you can do is try to arrange to fight someone 1v1 in a remote area or designated dueling spot. Come to Chessy and ask around at the gate and I'm sure you'll find some who are interested... or drop down to the Ches forums and respond to the post by Sephy.. he's looking for some dexxer duels atm.

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm.. I think "honorable" PVP went out the door WAY before factions was even born.:next:

S

sapphirediablo11

Well i generally wait around the dueling pits in Rivendale... but someone destoryed that house with the teleporters... so i can't get in anymore :\ guild sparing is alot different then a Real PvP fight... on SP people still do gang up... but alot less then other shards...and yes Honorable PvPing was around until i think tram came along :\

NOT STARTING TRAM/FEL thing since i love both almost asmuch as i love cookies and spiders :D but it was used to give an estimated time as to when i think it started might have been a bit after or a bit before :\