• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Is europa really dead !?

Fledjager

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Europa is like a grave yard, impossible to find even basic items and players, the europa trade forums is dead..

Are there any populated servers left ?

Scenic Nevins

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly I find Europa still to be the best shard to play.
Even though it only have about 30 odd players With 200 char names each that actually are online. I dont agree With the grave yard term ur reffering to.
I wouldnt try Atlantic because of the amount of griefing and trashtalking, but thats just where I Draw my own lines.
Drachs, GL, chessy, cats (which all used to be desent servers) are all dead now I'm afraid. I did try them upon returning, but it is time to realise that UO is about to slowly fade into the great books of history.

Some of the later changes can make a great base for a good game again, but their unfortunatly about 8 years to late and the Developers seem to not be able to play Catch up.
I would like to spank the EM's a bit aswell! They need to get their **** together and come up With some decent events instead of the stuff they run now.

More fel, bagfall, Group competition based events, or more story based tram ones! Enough With the grinding stuff that lags everyone to a certain Death.

Anyway, sorry for the off track post here, in frustration. I could settle With: 'Yes, but their not any better still, stay here With us!'

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa has an active player base, but the market is pretty dead as it is centralized in atlantic, but that doesnt mean that the shard is dead. We mainly do 3-6raids on average a day, and fight against 4 active pvp guilds. In addition, europa's events are pretty cool... dont listen to the naysayers just come and see for urself.

Beeble

Journeyman
I agree with lord Gandalf there,
The player base on Europa is still great. Good turn outs, interactive people. There may not be the same physical number presence as ATL but you interact with a good amount.
Though as stated the market or vendor search is much more limited than ATL.
But other than that, Europa is damn enjoyable

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
And it depends on what you mean by basic items; there are still a fair number of shops that cater for most needs, be they returning or the odd new player. 6-7 GMT at West Brit Bank is always a great place to start

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I totally agree with what others have said, yes the population is not as high as Atlantic, but Europa is far from dead and the community is fantastic! As Melchiah says, it depends on what you consider basic items, I don't usually have any trouble finding what I want and even if I couldn't there are some very popular shops that could probably get what I needed if it wasn't in stock.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure where you're looking, but there's always a group at WBB each evening for an hour, it's rare to not find someone hanging around Luna, trades are active most of the time in general chat and vendor search usually finds the things I want.

Tia

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I work hard to stock the basics that every body needs at my luna shop Majestic Warehouse,(if your looking for super rares then this isnt the shop for you) this shop is stocked every day some times a couple of times a day..
While the shard is not as populated as Alantic it is still quiet active.. still plenty of PvP & PvM action to be had

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Europa is far from dead, is mainly in allied chats and guild chats, that is why you not seeing much on General chat.
Lots of PVP pretty much everyday and PVM well the whole game can be done soloed and if you looking fro groups hunts, there is very experienced and good guild/alliances to join in.

berkus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europe is great for all types of farm and fun.
You can do anything you want, from fishing to the Harrower.
The Atlantic is much less opportunity!