• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is Defense Chance Increase necessary on a thrower

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been playing mine with maxed out DCI, but I'm wondering how many of you actually run without it? Does it make that big of a difference, or should I scrap it from my jewels and imbue something else? Obsidian, Lynk, Mirt?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
No, DCI is not necessary. I only have 5 DCI from my Corgul Sash on my thrower. I have considered trying to fit 45 DCI now that reforging is around and I can put 5 DCI on armor pieces but it might be better just to put more mana increase or skill increase instead.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Its nice but not critical. It all depends on what you want to do. Since you should not be tanking with a thrower. Now a normal sampire its pretty key there but for a thrower I think your best keeping out of range and hitting hard.