• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is DCI not capped or what?

S

Smedly

What is with missing 8 or 9 or 10 times in a row only to hit 1 or rarely 2 times and then start the miss cycle again? Yes 2 or 3 are parried but the rest just plain miss. My char is over max HCI and 120 skill with 40 LD on weapon.
Does the DCI count for more than HCI?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its just a big myth. I was wondering if dci works at all, because i sometimes get hit back to back to back with 45dci by a dexer. so is dci working at all?

Do you see the point I am trying to make? Ive heard plenty of people complaining about getting hit all the time just as much as people complaining about whiffing all the time.

Personal experience of flipping a qualter... I personally have done 13 tails in a row before I get another head. In your case whiffing 10 times in a row isnt all that rare considering people might have parry/human 20 lucky parry, hit lower attack in combination with their defensive skill.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is with missing 8 or 9 or 10 times in a row only to hit 1 or rarely 2 times and then start the miss cycle again? Yes 2 or 3 are parried but the rest just plain miss. My char is over max HCI and 120 skill with 40 LD on weapon.
Does the DCI count for more than HCI?
Whats the temp? Are you by chance an archer?

In training a new archer recently I noticed some surprising anomalies between the bow families of regular and xbows, I believe but it could have been an rng thing, and I have not tested nearly enough to see if it is all xbows or just the repeaters.

R

RichDC

Its called RNG

Its what all the no skill templates rely on!!

Run up miss run away heal, and wait for the right rolls so you never miss.

D

Divster

Also bear in mind 40 HLD on a wep doesn't mean their defence will be lowered by 40 it means there is a 40% chance hld will be activated on each hit. hld when succesfull will always decrease dci by 20 or 25 I forget which. The only other ways to lower dci is if they use divine fury or if you use the ninja special move surprise attack, which each lower dci by a similar amount (surpise attack hld i believe depends on the ninja lvl of the attacker or that might just influence success chance)

Either way if, theoretically your opponent had gear that totalled 100+ dci while at any one time they could only have a max of 45 in play, the excess dci would cancel out any hld effects meaning they keep 45 dci even after all counter dci effects come into play!

not saying you didn't know this just my 2 cents ;)

S

Smedly

45DCI is not the problem 60 or 70 DCI is the problem I think as it isnt capped as they say it is. Yes I am an archer and that is another rant cause I belive they have nerfed archers hit chance and havent told us

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always thought that UO's randomizer is streaky. Then again, perhaps it is human nature to only notice the the really tilted swings. When we're hitting non-stop, we're feeling good about ourselves and all is well. When we are wiffing constantly, however, that's when we all start grinding our teeth.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you have high enough DCI it will negate the effects of lower defense, so it'll seem like your missing tonnes.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, its kinda frustrating because I find that I could miss 10 hits with my bow on a mage with 4x dci and I could even miss on them after I disarmed their weapon.. (their wrestling is only the 20 from human)

Anyways, I myself have mages with 20 human parrying (invisible) and 120 wrestling and 70 dci.

So means I am always 45 dci for all of the time.

Which means that I am always more than 50% to evade + block enemies attack.

However, very unluckily, I get hit about 8 out of 10 times usually in most situations.

So I start to wonder if there is any magical numbers that is allowing one to hit more often and evade more often?

Such as:-

43 dci is better than 45

41 hci is better than 45

This, really is hard to know and would need Devs to really clarify.

S

ShakaWTF

Actually, its kinda frustrating because I find that I could miss 10 hits with my bow on a mage with 4x dci and I could even miss on them after I disarmed their weapon.. (their wrestling is only the 20 from human)
Wrong, they have much more then 20, assuming 120 eval:

(120 eval + 20 anat)/2=70 defensive wrestle

R

RichDC

Although the wrestle is negated if they are carrying a mage weap, i myself end up with 50ish DCI and 120 "weapon" skill from the -20mage weap and crystaline ring.

If disarmed it drops to the 70wrestle defence.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong, they have much more then 20, assuming 120 eval:

(120 eval + 20 anat)/2=70 defensive wrestle
Somehow if I remembered right the formula for defensive wrestling is
(Eval + Anat +20) /2
a bonus is added for defensive wrestling I was trying to search for the official page on this formula which existed a long time ago, but now I cant find it. Anyone know where?

It always SEEMS to get hit more often and miss more often.
If you are the archer attacking and killed people in 3 consective hits you usually go "nice" like its how its supposed to me. But when you do miss a few times in a row you go "WTFMATE????" and that's just human nature. You simply notice the bad things more often it's a human nature.

besides you are supposed to hit less due to almost everyone has human parry, some has real parry, some has evasion. Basically there's skills to help you to get hit less but no skill to make you hit more often over the intended cap.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"defensive wrestling" is called evasion, it is (Eval + Anat + 20)/ 2 = evasion as you said, so a human with 120 eval would be 80 evasion. it's probably in the FAQ we made on Stratics' mage section searchable from the left menu on the uo.stratics.com home page.

evasion works just like a weapon skill except it doesn't have the attack/hit ability, or was never supposed to, but 80 weapon skill, although better than 0, is often like having 80 magic resist considering the RNG ... sometimes you'll just have some really bad luck ;D.