• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Is anything left of the Knights of the Silver Serpent?

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am considering returning to the land... but in scouting I see little of the land that I remembered. Does anything remain of the once mighty knights? I know my old teacher and friend, Py Lethius has not been seen for ages... but do any former knights remain? Wintermore looks very quiet. I would love to return and adventure once more, but not alone... Sol Invictus

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am considering returning to the land... but in scouting I see little of the land that I remembered. Does anything remain of the once mighty knights? I know my old teacher and friend, Py Lethius has not been seen for ages... but do any former knights remain? Wintermore looks very quiet. I would love to return and adventure once more, but not alone... Sol Invictus
Blind Otto holds the KSS Banner high and proud....we do not see him as much as we would like but he is around!
I hear that he has two recruits from his own family...besides that we as Gilfane are more than willing and happy to welcome another Knight of the Silver Serpents in our ranks, or if our style does not suit you, at least help you getting started again!

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Piram,
Kaisa and I are still playing. We are now pirates, but we seem to have more Strength and Honor that the rest atm.

*Tips Hat*

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah... tis good we have not faded from the lands. Justice needs a champion and the Knights have always protected that flame. Wolfman, I have traveled within Gilfane territory, it is impressive. I will most likely need some aid in training and in the politics of the land. I have become rusty, and I am certain much has changed. To Riz and Kai.. I look forward to our paths meeting once more. An as for Blind Otto, not a more industrious and true soul will you find. It is well he has command of the ranks. Although I shall miss my old liege terribly...
I look forward to new adventures and a proper resurgence of the true knights of the land.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I believe KSS died with Py Lethius, it take a strong leader to run an Anti guild like KSS was. All respect for Blind Otto, but successfull running an anti guild is not an easy job.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah... tis good we have not faded from the lands. Justice needs a champion and the Knights have always protected that flame. Wolfman, I have traveled within Gilfane territory, it is impressive. I will most likely need some aid in training and in the politics of the land. I have become rusty, and I am certain much has changed. To Riz and Kai.. I look forward to our paths meeting once more. An as for Blind Otto, not a more industrious and true soul will you find. It is well he has command of the ranks. Although I shall miss my old liege terribly...
I look forward to new adventures and a proper resurgence of the true knights of the land.
If we are to survive, a new balance must be found. In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, well, it should be fought by another kind of evil. That is where the Pirates have stepped in.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember the knights, in one of my previous 9 lives.
If you should require any assistance returning and getting started, i would consider it an honor to help.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*waves to Piram*
I don't play UO any longer but I do stay reading Siege Forum.
Seen your post and had to say howdy and instantly had a trip down my own memory lane seeing any KSS members or former members posting here. :) A lot happened to KSS when a lot of the members wanted to try out a shard that was on some island far far away. It sorta split the guild into pieces when so many of them left UO. Riz held KSS together for quite a long long time holding down the fort and the helm of KSS all on his own hardly getting any credit for all he had done, with me and Vortex too trying our best to hang onto the pieces that were left of KSS.
And Py did return for awhile, even Aeric was back and he made Guardians of MYTH which in the end I joined up with, MYTH cuz hardly any KSS were left. Originally Guardians of MYTH was quite similar to KSS and aligned to the White Council.
But a few Myth members wanted to be in factions or build thieves and those templates were sorta not original MYTH like nor KSS like per say, so in time MYTH and all of us MYTH became allied to TNT.
I unaligned MYTH from TNT after Aeric's passing joking with kat saying krystal is supposed to KILL me not be my allie. lol :)
Things change people move on or change guilds. WC probably be your closest alignment to old KSS, and yes Blind OTTO holds the KSS guild stone but he seldom is online in UO, but he maintains the stone. And as ya read RIZ and KAISA are pirates :) now. *waves to Riz and Kaisa*
Anyhow I still remember after my time with NEW guild then wonderful DTA guild then my going onto KSS, my hard earned knighting upon the KSS stone. Yay lil me ended up fancily KNIGHTED which is extremely difficult for a mere crafter to become *knighted* in the Knights of the Silver Serpent. :) GO ME lol

And when a certain Waka chief, whom I knew long before from Chesapeake shard, had opted to declare WAR on the Knights I was the only KSS member at the time in Wintermoor and sooooooooooooo, I attacked the scallywag, for his declaration of war on us...and of course prompty DIED. lol

Mini picture fight nights Wintermoor:

I am not sure whom if anyone is left with homes still in old former Wintermoor, but I know when I wanted to return to the snow there, a cerain twit no one on the shard even liked much had slapped a house up there in our former Wintermoor and no way in hell would I live near any house of his, sooo the last homes I had on Siege were mostly by the pixies that attacked my favorite murderer, and/or anyone with neg. karma. lol I liked them silly pixies.

*adds* When Sio left this world, much was still in the home Sio owned in Wintermoor and Sio had asked me and Otto to about abscound with everything Sio had left in the KSS storage, hides, regs, potions per kegs galore and so much more and we took much of all that to NEW guild, just so ya know, none of the supplies stowed of via KSS were lost, many were donated enmasse on commodity deeds to NEW guild and Shalimar had to slap much of it in many of the NEW designated homes cuz there was so much stuff but aye none of it went into the snow at some idoc in Wintermoor, Sio had me and Otto cart it all out and to NEW. And earlier when Py's Temple of Mithras was going IDOC, was me and Otto and Mj that got ahold of much of that and finally Mj got a spirit world call to the man behind the character of Py Lethius and she got ahold of the Temple of Mithras right before it wa all about to land down in the snows of Wintermoor so all that tons of stuffs was saved...too. :)
Happy New Year and may ye find your return to Siege/UO ok Piram and good luck to ye.

Last edited:

smoke229

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

I remember being in KSS and playing with Py back in 2003ish before i quit uo in 04. I was Moondoggie if anyone remembers - i barely remember anyones names from then

Piram Agrivar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aye Queen Zen, I do remember ye. The portraits you have shown kindle fond memories of our past glory days. I wonder now if resurrecting the knights is even possible. Whenever I travel the lands these days, I see homes -vacant and cold... and little signs that folks still travel within the lands. My hopes grow dim.. but the memories remain. I thank the dear lady for sharing your tapestries of days gone by. I may return to the shores of another land, no to far away named Atlantic. A good craftsman I befriended whilst I was crusading these long years has established a small outpost in that land. It bustles with life... and the doers of evil exist there. It may become the new home for the knight's return... as hope fades in doing so here. Be well milady, and perhaps our paths may cross again... *Sol Invictus*

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah Piram, Siege could still use a group/guild of folks that do their best to try to protect the innocents and to try their best to slay evil whenst it is found. But ye many a folk even evil ones from here also went off to that place called Atlantic, due to fanciful suits almost necessary to fight with that they kept losing here ie no insurance not enough blessed items to bless, and suits worth a flip got fancier and fancier with %%%% of whatevers costing lots of gp to replace, meh so aye many a folk even from here went off to that busier shard Atl. I had always kept the original 1998 QueenZen with a home on Chesapeake even when I came here in 2004 simply cuz 5 accts. of stuffs I had there needed more than bank vaults to hold things, that and the original older QZ on Chessie was a warrior that never feared going to felucca where many of my allies still stand even to this day on that shard. But those shards had that Trammel and insurance and well I HATED insurance.
Siege never had insurance, so the lack of it is why *I* came here to Siege in the first place and found in 2004 that I liked it more to have a tad bit more perilous, world of Ultima. :)
If ever I would return to this world, chances would be it would remain primarily Siege. :)

But then I like being an entertaing dead person, post pking to end up becoming my creative, dead speaking dancing ghost too for this world is ''JUST"a game, up to each one of us, to make the most of it wherever whenever we can, and even deaths should somehow remain entertaining, to us or make it so, here, cuz in rl we can't get a res nor dance as dead ghosties. lol

I forgot to mention to ye, one of the last events that a combo of Blind Otto and I held in Wintermoor was one last great story night in Wintermoor.
Otto and I debated whether to leave the home wide open to the public for story night or to just admit folks in whom were friendly and more or less only blue, but then some murderers stay blue to deceive.

Well we debated it and said to each other : This is SIEGE even colorful red folks have come to participate in fight nights story nights without attacking and even if they do that well, tis to be expected murderers murder, let in everyone we agreed and opened the Wintermoor story night house to one and all, to host that event that evening.

In the white snows of Wintermoor a horde of reds came a calling to our story night. Many a folk began to tremble as that horde was known for exterminating insolent blues. Some wanted to flee then and there seeing that horde of red names coming to story night..but everyone remained figuring we were all about to engage in fisticuffs and die.
The horde of red folks entered quietly, some even began to tell stories in turn each telling a tale or two. Folks were amazed yet everyone still held their breath in some sort of anticipation. Finally.... the Lord of the DAMNED got up to tell us all a story too.
He spoke of false reds, insolent blues, told his story of how he felt the gods were unjust in their injustices to colorful red folks with the rules of our world impeeding them like hard to get a res etc. Then the Lord Of The Damned, at that time owner of the horde of VMP guild, started telling us all how he hated flowers and rainbows....and as if on cue, with the mere mention of the word rainbows, every VMP suddenly after 1 hr. plus of peace and quiet and coexistence, in the building, began attacking every *insolent* blue in attendance. :)
It was priceless and ended up one of the most entertaining evenings of story night in Wintermoor or anywhere that ever had happened. :) Corpses of dead people red and blue alike, littering the entire building and the landscape of snows of Wintermoor.

Twas a very very entertaining memorable evening and a fine sort of grande finale to the last KSS hosted story night in Wintermoor !! :)
Twas that night me and Blind Otto, dead as we were just smile and said... ya gotta love Siege Perilous ! :)*waves to vile WYRM, if he is reading Stratics today, good show, ye damned lord of the damned... vile red vampire, tis why to this day I still 'toss rainbows' at Wyrm, even if only just on this Siege Forum, just cuz he said he hated rainbows, rainbows sets him off to KILL, :) and the mere mention of that word, set off a wonderous massive anticipated chain reaction, of murder and mayhem, one night of story time, in Wintermoor, on' cue' for vile ones to KILL lol ! :)

Sol Invictus sire may ye find somewhere, some shard which ye call home in ye return to UO, maybe it will yet be Siege and a reprisal of KSS, if not the actual KSS, then some other guild all brand new that trys to protect the innocents, offers some real fights for reds and blues and just has fun. :)

Last edited:

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail, Piram!

Aye, tis a sad tale. Lord Py found that he needed to focus all his strength on matters in the Spirit Realm, and could no longer divide his time between those tasks and the demands of Siege. Family being more important, naturally, I believe he made the right choice. I make contact with him from time to time, and last I heard, he was well. He does visit here occasionally.

Unfortunately, at that time, there were few Knights in the land. He entrusted the guildstone to me - but I make a better scribe than leader. One by one, the remaining knights drifted away. I tried to ensure KSS's survival by making it a house within Gilfane - but it seems I also make a better miner than strategist. Numbers have remained at about 4 for the last year - and two of those are initiates.

Of the old members, Gladiator wandered into the land briefly a few months ago, and then left - apparently forever. Arivia dropped by last year. One or two are still active in other houses of Gilfane.

My own time is terribly limited - I rarely encounter daylight at home during the week. That leaves me with very little energy or time to visit the lands, other than the occasional skill gain or 5 minutes worth of crafting - certainly not enough to keep a guild going.

At present, the guildstone is safe in Wintermoor, in a semi-replica of the Temple of Mithras, which is an under-construction museum dedicated to the Knights and their allies.

SOL INVICTUS!

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol *waves to Blind Otto*
I do recall seeing ye mining a lot & in some of the weirdest places and I kept asking ye if ya were nuts or something, :)
as I would see ya mining right under the fire of fire breathing dragons and such. ah memories.

Hope u and your Mrs. and little ones, surely growing up by now, are doing fine. :)
Last time I spoke to Py Lethius, he had had like 4 kids by that time so I assumed he sure'd be busy with job, wife, kiddies and all that stuff. :) I used to tease him that while he might maybe boss me around as a knight commander in KSS boss me around for a bit, his rl age in the spirit world was only a couple of yrs. older than my own son sooo he best not mess with me, being a senior citizen or I would not pass him a res in game, I'd just let him remain, a dead ghostie. I musta res'd Py so many times he always found a fight to fight the just cause but somedays he lost. lol

Mine are grown and GONE ...so I spend my time traveling the USA to go bug my kids or I bug them on Facebook every day. LOL
Spent this past Halloween in Connecticut with my son and daughter-in-law cuz they toss huge, haunted new Englandy style Halloween parties, every Halloween, twas on my bucket list to attend one of their Halloween parties, and I went this autumn, as the camo scarecrow. Next on my agenda is to go bug daughter in SanDiego for my Mother's Day in May, then spend June with my youngest to visit her, her hubby, on her birthday and make lots of NOISE playing with my 2 grandsons. :)

I sorta fly all over now, when I can afford it, or I go 'non rev'. which one can do, 'if' seats are open and ya former airline worker, that does not mind ad'libbing a trip on space available for hardly a fee, so I am hoping for some odd reasons, to fly to Iceland, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, as a tourist, yet too, instead of playing UO, or doing other things on my *bucket list* but the memories of yrs. in UO especially the years here on Siege, never leave me lots of fond memories and fun. :)

yall have a happy new year Blind Otto, and I still wonder how ye SEE the rocks ye mined as Blind Otto but that would explain why ye didn't see the fire breathing dragons' fires they were spitting upon ye whilst ye mined.. lol

Last edited:

CorwinWE2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I believe KSS died with Py Lethius, it take a strong leader to run an Anti guild like KSS was. All respect for Blind Otto, but successfull running an anti guild is not an easy job.
KSS was an Anti-Guild? That kind of makes me chuckle like when people from that Island would refer to PAG as a PK guild.

Orc/Und/CWS/PAG/KSS were all part of what made Siege great, but they were neither Anti nor PK guilds in the mainstream sense. I'd classify them as good aligned (or evil aligned) RP/adventure guilds. Of course if you play Siege, you're going to run in to PvP ...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol *waves to Blind Otto*..... I sorta fly all over now, when I can afford it, or I go 'non rev'. which one can do, 'if' seats are open and ya former airline worker, that does not mind ad'libbing a trip on space available for hardly a fee, so I am hoping for some odd reasons, to fly to Iceland, Scotland, Australia, New Zealand, as a tourist, yet too, instead of playing UO, or doing other things on my *bucket list* but the memories of yrs. in UO especially the years here on Siege, never leave me lots of fond memories and fun. :).....
You go out there and have a great life, QueenZen! We won't forget you either....*deep bow*

Last edited:

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Dusts off the new pirate hat especially crafted for QZ* Kaisa and I are still waiting for your return! I promise fun and adventure!
*Tips Hat*

CorwinWE2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Is that why you killed so many of us Corwin?
KSS had an alliance with I^A at one point and time that dragged them in to some of our fun & games. Neither I nor my guild regularly went out looking to target guilds like PAG/CWS/I^A/KSS, but we certainly didn't back down when a fight would break out for whatever reason. Heck, I can't count how many times CWS would attack me for violating one of their rules.

I've fought against AND with all those guilds at various times. :)

Something about ICE, though, I never liked. I always targeted those guys when I saw them and we'd sometimes go out looking for them (they used to own a big chunk of land near the Fire Temple).

Not to speak for your guild but KSS and the others I mentioned seemed to me like guilds who stuck to some specific areas of the map, and weren't typically out at the hot spots or patrolling the pk/anti battle grounds, and never participated in #ANTI. These guilds weren't out in Delucia fighting in the big battles. Heck, back in the day, WE often fought on the Anti-side of such battles at least until some of the more organized/stronger guilds like BiH, BLD, KGB, and Xie faded and lost control over the NPK rabble.

Why?

We disliked the big PK guilds more. :)

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KSS had an alliance with I^A at one point and time that dragged them in to some of our fun & games. Neither I nor my guild regularly went out looking to target guilds like PAG/CWS/I^A/KSS
I call B.S. ;)

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KSS did have an alliance with I^A, because I remember meeting enigma through the alliance.
*Tips Hat*

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
KSS did have an alliance with I^A, because I remember meeting enigma through the alliance.
*Tips Hat*
My B.S. comment was directed at the boldface type...Corwin used to raid Iantown on a regular basis. Granted, it wasnt VMP-style dryloot raids, but Iantown *was* targetted by Corwin regularly.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even when I and some TDO was red when Corwin last played, me and TDO never had trouble with WE, nor did we have trouble with guilds like BiH, BLD, Xie, PAG, TAK, CWS, KSS.
KGB did have some noto blood between them, SHR offen had trouble with them attacking red customers in Safe Haven, even when it was no PvP zone and reds/PK's was allowed to visite the town as long they came in peace.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My B.S. comment was directed at the boldface type...Corwin used to raid Iantown on a regular basis. Granted, it wasnt VMP-style dryloot raids, but Iantown *was* targetted by Corwin regularly.
What do Corvin have to do with VMP? He was WE

CorwinWE2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Couple of things:

1) I was bossed around by and attacked by someone claiming to be a guard of I^A. Turns out that person wasn't even in I^A, but the fight sucked I^A in and after some trash talking in-game and on the boards, the Corwin .vs. I^A war began. Or as I like to call it "I^A's initiation to Siege". lol.

2) The "war" consisted of pretty much me, my pets, and sometimes Sunferard .vs. I^A and whoever felt like defending them that day (KSS got sucked in maybe a couple of times). Anyway, from my POV, I didn't start the war, and while I would "raid" their town I didn't bring my entire guild in to it. We kept it low-key and managed the level of destruction because the idea wasn't to run I^A off the shard but to teach them something about shard politics before they pissed off a guild that would have gladly levelled the town.

3) So for instance, when another guild like VmP would attack, I wouldn't keep attacking I^A. When they started to draw some attention from Lothar's LoD, I remember trying to intervene and cool things down before that escalated.

4) I've probably fought with, on behalf of, or in co-operation with most of the guilds I mentioned as much as I've fought against them; but stuff happens, and that's all part of what made Siege so much fun. It still saddens me that Dola of CWS held a grudge for a time she was attacked farming in Wind (which we considered our territory), because most of us had a lot of fun with the chaos and politics, and didn't hold an in-character or out-of-character grudge if things stayed relatively civil.

5) I still consider one of my greatest achievements from that war, getting an I^A member to refer to their own town as IanVille after they spent so much time annoyingly correcting me on the board every time I called it that.

If Freja was out running with UDL she was fair game - but when she was hanging out in Safe Haven, stocking her shop, helping newbies, we didn't target her. It didn't matter to us what color she highlighted, we knew what she was trying to accomplish and appreciated it.

People who just looked at things as red .vs. blue on Siege, were missing out on a lot of fun.

btw, anyone heard from Siofra?

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of things:

1) I was bossed around by and attacked by someone claiming to be a guard of I^A. Turns out that person wasn't even in I^A, but the fight sucked I^A in and after some trash talking in-game and on the boards, the Corwin .vs. I^A war began. Or as I like to call it "I^A's initiation to Siege". lol.

btw, anyone heard from Siofra?
From our point of view, Corwin liked to come to Iantown to attack/fight. No worries there, that's why we were on Siege (ok, some of us)

However, don't claim you didn't target Iantown on a regular basis, because you did. That's where I called you out. Whatever your reasoning behind it doesn't matter, really...

Sio is alive and kicking. All I can say :)

CorwinWE2

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
From our point of view, Corwin liked to come to Iantown to attack/fight. No worries there, that's why we were on Siege (ok, some of us)

However, don't claim you didn't target Iantown on a regular basis, because you did. That's where I called you out. Whatever your reasoning behind it doesn't matter, really...

Sio is alive and kicking. All I can say :)
I found your remark to Freja to read your entire remark in context ironic, because that's exactly what I was thinking when I read your "BS" comment to me. You were remembering an incident that happened in the early days of I^A before they knew what they were doing. Once they got over that learning hump, I'd say WE and I^A ended up pretty friendly, and I really don't even remember an incident between the guilds after that early period.

But in the early days, I^A had to prove what they were and how they were going to treat other players. They didn't have any history on Siege. I specifically went to their town by myself to see how they'd react to a solo-red, and they failed. I was very much in favor of guilds creating player-run towns, taverns, and the like ... but on a shard like Siege, it's not just a matter of having someone around to manage the ban list on the tavern.

Glad to hear Siofra is still about somewhere.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I know this is a bit off topic but, I would be interested in meeting a few " Good Guy type" pvpers....

Dola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well even if this is nearly 7 months late, it is good to see I'm not entirely forgotten ;)

Rizarium

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this is a bit off topic but, I would be interested in meeting a few " Good Guy type" pvpers....
Well Kaisa and I were both knights in KSS. I think Toth and Vortex still play some. Gilfond Skyling came back briefly last year, but the rest I have not seen.
There may be a few CWS PvPers rolling about. I know Grot had a dam fine crew back in the day.

York_Siege

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well Kaisa and I were both knights in KSS. I think Toth and Vortex still play some. Gilfond Skyling came back briefly last year, but the rest I have not seen.
There may be a few CWS PvPers rolling about. I know Grot had a dam fine crew back in the day.
Wow, i forgot all about that post.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couple of things... People who just looked at things as red .vs. blue on Siege, were missing out on a lot of fun.
*Tips hat* Howdy Corwin!

During my time in J-D we crossed paths quite a few times. Corwin, while a pain with that damn lance and dragon also was an honorable opponent. I recall a time J-D went to raid Iantown and Corwin & WE was there and it turned into a 3 way melee which eventually turned away from Iantown and J-D vs WE. Good times.

Also recall a CWS raid where we flanked CWS as Corwin was attacking to assist. Huge fight, some of the most fun I've had to date in any online game.

I miss those days, a lot less smack talk and a lot more respect for all play types. Xie was awesome I was always in awe of them, they were the superheroes of the shard for a bit as far as antis were concerned, and always good people.

*ducks back into the shadows*