• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Parry] Is 60 parry still recommended?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is 60 parry - so you can have 120 swords, tactics and bushido still get the mana reducton - still preferred over higher parry and lower swords and bushido?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Generally, the answer is yes. But there are some builds and foes where you want the added tank ability. For example, I won't challenge Navrey with anything less than 120 Bush and 120 Parry. I can easily survive while webbed, but at 120 Bush and 60 Parry I will die about once or twice an encounter. When you could get by with less points in chivalry prior to pub 71 then there was more room on the template for 120 parry.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have a go at the calculator, its very nice. ( http://uo.stratics.com/content/arms-armor/combat.php )
120 bush + 60 parry gives
Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 20%
Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 22%

100 bush + 100 parry gives
Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 25%
Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 29%

U always want 120 in weapon skills. I prefer having high bushido over parry on the sampire i do spawns with. ( Because wirvelwind special scales with bushido )

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what would you drop if you wanted to bump parry up to 120?

My current template is:

Swords, tactics, bushido 120, 115 anatomy, 100 necro, 85 chiv, 60 parry.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
My build is: 120 Swords, Tact, Bush, 105 Anat, 100 Necro, 100 Resists, 95 Chiv and 60 Parry and works very well and is versatile against most stuff

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I don't find the extra 5 mana savings to be necessary. With my build a broadsword with 100HML, with either basic slayer, or super + EoO = 153-201 damage = average leech of 175*.15 = 24 leech per hit. I wear 53 LMC.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My build is: 120 Swords, Tact, Bush, 105 Anat, 100 Necro, 100 Resists, 95 Chiv and 60 Parry and works very well and is versatile against most stuff
Those must be some dope jewels to get 100 extra skill points.

I assume you trade anatomy for resist when you use it.