• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Treasure Hunting] Is 120 Stealth 2 Much?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Reworking my Cats T-Hunter as I had at some point stoned off Carto. Now I am at 720 cap and need carto back on. Her stealth is at 120 and she has Med at 120. My thoughts are to stone off Med, and lower stealth to 100.
Then I would have enough points to GM focus and stone back on Carto.

This would give her:
Magery 120
Focus 100
Mysticism 100
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
LP 100
Carto 100

Is reducing stealth to 100 a smart move or a dumb one? I think I had stealth at 120 to not be detected in dungeons, not totally sure about that though its been a while since I did it.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I took it down to 100 now and it seems to work as well. Plus I have invisibility to back me up in case of a failed attempt.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My T hunter template....
115 Mage
120 Myst
120 Focus
100 lockpick
100 cart
100 mining
65 med

I also run 3k+ luck suit with all 70s resist 100 lrc 40 lmc 8 mr and do just fine on 7s solo

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
My T hunter template....
115 Mage
120 Myst
120 Focus
100 lockpick
100 cart
100 mining
65 med

I also run 3k+ luck suit with all 70s resist 100 lrc 40 lmc 8 mr and do just fine on 7s solo
I find it interesting that you don't have any stealth or hiding. I run the Pinco's EC and I am able to do maps without any mining. Once I get to 100 focus ( 90.3 now) I am going to look for some +15-20 jewelry for focus and Mysticism.

I would love to have a suit of armor like yours but I couldn't afford it. I am lucky to have a LRC suit as it wasn't being used much before I left.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it interesting that you don't have any stealth or hiding. I run the Pinco's EC and I am able to do maps without any mining. Once I get to 100 focus ( 90.3 now) I am going to look for some +15-20 jewelry for focus and Mysticism.

The EC client gives me headaches!! eewwwwww

I would love to have a suit of armor like yours but I couldn't afford it. I am lucky to have a LRC suit as it wasn't being used much before I left.
Dont really need either as I precast a rc when I find the spot then cast an invis and hold it until the chest pops up just prior to the guardians spawning.

As far as the suit, I crafted all my own items or had the items. Its not the greatest suit (crafted out of chain since I had an abundance of runic hammers) but it gets the job done! The only thing that cost me was a 5 charge forged tool, which I felt was worth the 5 bucks. Some day down the road I may make another out of leather and try to get some better mods but for now it works!

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I noticed today for the first time that I got revealed by an Ice Ogre Lord. When I was 120 stealth I don't remember that happening.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you are wearing studded armor you need 105 not to fail at five pieces. You could use the plus ten robe then switch when you fight.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am shocked when people insist on running cart and lock picking on their template. In the days of soul stones it seems such a waste.

I will post this for those who might not know.....pull out as many maps as you are planning to do for a week. With lock picking on a stone and cart on your character decode them all and set them aside in a chest. Now stone off cart and stone lock picking back on. As long as you use the same character that decode the map....you can still read the map and dig the chest.

This trick allows me to run a template like...
120 taming/lore/vet
100 peace/music/Margery/lock picking

Total is 760 skill points ....easy to add 40 points to this template with song woven mantle..tomb of knowledge...jewelry and or talisman.....

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duncan old friend I have never made a luck suit in my life....but if you pm or icq me what your template is and what your dream suit is (minus luck) I am sure I could hook you up on cats free of charge :)

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was aware of this but prefer to run with carto on and LP. I do T-hunts pretty well using my template and with jewelery to add points for Mystic and Focus.
I am shocked when people insist on running cart and lock picking on their template. In the days of soul stones it seems such a waste.

I will post this for those who might not know.....pull out as many maps as you are planning to do for a week. With lock picking on a stone and cart on your character decode them all and set them aside in a chest. Now stone off cart and stone lock picking back on. As long as you use the same character that decode the map....you can still read the map and dig the chest.

This trick allows me to run a template like...
120 taming/lore/vet
100 peace/music/Margery/lock picking

Total is 760 skill points ....easy to add 40 points to this template with song woven mantle..tomb of knowledge...jewelry and or talisman.....

Sarah, is my Elf t hunter that is a resurrection from the baker she started out as on Ocello in the old days. Then when Trammel came into being she went to Fel to live and train as a stealther. I think that is why she had 120 stealth. When I first returned I thought she was a dungeon thief but I never found a stone with stealing on it. That lead me to think she had 120 stealth simply to avoid detection in the Fel Dungeons and at IDOC's.

I have the burglar bandana now and a bracelet with stealth and either Focus or Mysticism on it and a ring with focus on it so I am balanced back again.

I remembered that I could read a supply of maps and retain that memory even if I removed the carto skill. The way I have her set up now I can do maps again without stoning skills on and off. I'll leave her that way until I need to add another skill.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have some but am saving my rewards for shard shields. My template is as follows

105 Tame
120 Lore
100 Vet
100 Cart
100 LP
100 Magery
95 Med

All real skill, no jewelry. Once I locate my spot by digging, interrupt the dig and mark a rune in front of where the chest will spawn. I then run a few screens away and mark a "safe" rune. I recall back to the chest rune and start digging again and then I precast recall. Once the guardians spawn I target my "safe" rune and recall away. I inivis mt GD and then myself and then walk back and start picking guardians off one or two at a time depending on difficulty. I may have died once or twice due to my own stupidity or overconfidence but this template works great. The only spawn that gives me issues is the frost dragon as they can take some time to beat down. I can solo all levels of maps and never have to worry about being revealed or soulstone timers. I decode 6-10 maps at a time, do them, rinse and repeat.

To those with Myst, at 120 Myst and Focus, do your RC's get dispelled much? I have thought about trying a Mystic Bard Treasure Hunter but was worried that the RC would be dispelled on level 6 and 7 chests.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have done up to level 6 chests with RC and have not had them dispelled. They clear the spawn really well. I just go into hide as the chest pops and stay there.

On a side note here: What is up with not being able to pick level 6 chests with 100 real LP skill? I keep failing then those grubbers pop up and the RC takes off after it. What good is 100 if it won't pick a 6?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What is up with not being able to pick level 6 chests with 100 real LP skill? I keep failing then those grubbers pop up and the RC takes off after it. What good is 100 if it won't pick a 6?
The same thing goes with the level 6 maps, takes a while sometimes to decode. I don't want to complain though since I would hate to see them go to 120 LP and Cart and make already crowded temps even more crowded :(

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The same thing goes with the level 6 maps, takes a while sometimes to decode. I don't want to complain though since I would hate to see them go to 120 LP and Cart and make already crowded temps even more crowded :(
Maybe we could get cloaks of LP and wands of decoding to bring us up to 120? lol

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can solo all levels of maps and never have to worry about being revealed or soulstone timers. I decode 6-10 maps at a time, do them, rinse and repeat.
Just so you know big guy...soulstones haven't had timers in a few years...:) You can use them over and over all day long as many times as you like!

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just so you know big guy...soulstones haven't had timers in a few years...:) You can use them over and over all day long as many times as you like!
That is good to hear, I don't use them much so I never tried to see if that had changed lol

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I guess I'm still old school, using the same template I used when L5's were the hardest and they were hard to solo.

100 Cartography
100 Lockpicking
110 Magery
100 Eval Int
90 Meditation
120 Provocation
100 Music

When L6's first came out, it was the Ancient Wyrms that did me in. Too hard to provo successfully with this template, and while I could get it to within an inch of it's life, it would start healing at about the same rate as I'd rebuild mana. I couldn't finish it off.

So I retired for a few years. I'm not sure how stoning off Cartography would help.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I'm not sure how stoning off Cartography would help.
You can replace or lower mana with high mana regen armor and if you decode a bunch of maps and then stone off cart, you can add myst and focus. RCs are good and from what others are saying, harder to dispel, I would also raise music to 120.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have some but am saving my rewards for shard shields. My template is as follows

105 Tame
120 Lore
100 Vet
100 Cart
100 LP
100 Magery
95 Med

All real skill, no jewelry. Once I locate my spot by digging, interrupt the dig and mark a rune in front of where the chest will spawn. I then run a few screens away and mark a "safe" rune. I recall back to the chest rune and start digging again and then I precast recall. Once the guardians spawn I target my "safe" rune and recall away. I inivis mt GD and then myself and then walk back and start picking guardians off one or two at a time depending on difficulty. I may have died once or twice due to my own stupidity or overconfidence but this template works great. The only spawn that gives me issues is the frost dragon as they can take some time to beat down. I can solo all levels of maps and never have to worry about being revealed or soulstone timers. I decode 6-10 maps at a time, do them, rinse and repeat.

To those with Myst, at 120 Myst and Focus, do your RC's get dispelled much? I have thought about trying a Mystic Bard Treasure Hunter but was worried that the RC would be dispelled on level 6 and 7 chests.

I took my T-Hunter to test and went to Destard to see how a RC with 115 focus Mysticism would do against dragons. Wyverns fell without any problem. Red Dragons dispelled the RC easily requiring me to recast until their death. Not good.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a myst t hunter.... sometimes ancients and greater dispel my rc's but I feel this is a solid template! 6's are easy 7's can be a bit rough to solo. When I do 7s ill bring in my wrath thrower and make quick work of the guardian spawn then get back to rc's to finish it off. Depending on location of the map I can normally finish a 6 in under 10 min.